Home built Hot Rod

MFX

Nice work again jeff, and agreed mrs jeff needs way more air time, we're sick of your mug already :D

Serious question time: Is this going to be ready for our run down to Tasmania in March???????????

I am really not sure. I would love to say yes, but I am still working out what we are doing with the engine. I have a lot to still do, but I am chipping away at it every week, so we will see. I really should have a calendar set up with what I have to do next, and what I have left to do, but I am slack and I am not really thinking more than a couple of weeks ahead.... :unsure:

I am really not sure. I would love to say yes, but I am still working out what we are doing with the engine. I have a lot to still do, but I am chipping away at it every week, so we will see. I really should have a calendar set up with what I have to do next, and what I have left to do, but I am slack and I am not really thinking more than a couple of weeks ahead.... :unsure:

C'mon we all need a deadline to work to!;)

C'mon we all need a deadline to work to!;)

Haha. Trust me I am building it as fast as I can :D 

But all joking aside, I just don't know how long some things will take. I have never really used a sewing machine (which I have to get off my ass and go and buy) so I don't know how long it will take to do the interior. I have also never built an engine for that matter, so any timeframes would all be complete guesses.

Haha. Trust me I am building it as fast as I can :D 

But all joking aside, I just don't know how long some things will take. I have never really used a sewing machine (which I have to get off my ass and go and buy) so I don't know how long it will take to do the interior. I have also never built an engine for that matter, so any timeframes would all be complete guesses.

mrs itsujack has a lot of sewing experience, when we come down to bowral for a visit she can give you a bunch of pointers!

Thanks mate. I kept getting requests for more Mrs Jeff involvement, but she is not exactly one to get on the tools. I hope it adds a bit more fun to the boring build videos ;) 

Pretty sure a lot of the people calling for more Mrs Jeff are "on the tools"  ;)

Keep up the great work though.

Nice work Jeff, the rx7 cooler fits quite well. I have one on my 952 and it works a treat...oil temp barely hits 100 degrees even during a summer sprint session.

Yeah. When I saw the size it was spot on. I couldn't have gotten a better size custom made. 

So if the spare wheel is part of the impact protection, then the cross bracing that you have fitted would effectively negate that impact zone….

and how are going to get the spare in and out of there ??

I don't think it negates that impact zone, it just adds to it, as I have removed the factory bumper, so the cross brace is a small way of replacing some of what I have lost.

Getting the brace in and out is just 4 bolts. I made it so it is reasonably easy to remove. The bigger issue, is if I get a flat on one of the rears, is where am I going to put the flat??? With the roll cage, it can't go in the back, I just hope it fits under the bonnet.....

Rear tyre on the passenger's seat. Your co-driver can take one for the team and ??

As long as I am not on a road trip to the middle of nowhere ;)  otherwise that is a big "one" for the team :D 

Re the flat, get a small compressor that either plugs into the cigi lighter or connects to the battery.  Get some tyre goo, put them in a bag in the frunk and you're sorted.  That way you do not need to remove a wheel if you get a flat unless the tyre destroys it's self.  I've got this set up in the SC.  Or buy a kit.  I bought one for my wife's Kia as the spare is located under the middle of the car and there is no way she is laying on the ground on the side of a wet road with 3 screaming kids in the car to change a tyre.  Whack in the goo and keep moving until you're at a workshop.

Easy.