Home built Hot Rod

MFX

Car's coming on brilliantly - I'd love that kinda space.

Was watching the dash episode and wondered if they could be attached magnetically..........

I think the first coffee kicked in!

Jim.

You probably could, but I don't know how well they would stay on a bumpy road...

Jeff, why ship your engine to the US to get rebuilt when there's lots of places here that do it,? Just near me there's 2 Porsche Indy shops that do engines & they seem to get good feedback from other PFAs.

Jeff, why ship your engine to the US to get rebuilt when there's lots of places here that do it,? Just near me there's 2 Porsche Indy shops that do engines & they seem to get good feedback from other PFAs.

Because they are looking after me, in a big way. They are ex Formula 1 engineers and have several Aussie customers who regularly ship their engines over to them. Patrick, who runs a 944 in the WTAC gets all of his work done by them as well.

Jeff, who did you find to ship the engine to the US?

I have been tearing my hair out trying to organise it. The main issue is that I don't want to have to pay all the duties and taxes when it comes back in so I have to fill out an Export Declaration, but I don't have an account with a shipping company. There are shipping intermediaries like Termando who can arrange the shipping through TNT, etc, but they have no idea about Export Declarations. In the end it looks like @MrRPJ is going to help me send it, as he has an account. Still trying to sort out the details though.

I have been tearing my hair out trying to organise it. The main issue is that I don't want to have to pay all the duties and taxes when it comes back in so I have to fill out an Export Declaration, but I don't have an account with a shipping company. There are shipping intermediaries like Termando who can arrange the shipping through TNT, etc, but they have no idea about Export Declarations. In the end it looks like @MrRPJ is going to help me send it, as he has an account. Still trying to sort out the details though.

Thanks. I'm in a similar situation with a couple of Rover V8's I need to send to the UK to a friend who's going to rebuild them for me, but shipping them over is turning into a pain in the arse!

Thanks. I'm in a similar situation with a couple of Rover V8's I need to send to the UK to a friend who's going to rebuild them for me, but shipping them over is turning into a pain in the arse!

Try to find someone you know with an account with a shipping company, it is easier and much cheaper.

Absolutely loving your work.  Please don't take this the wrong way but is your OCD going to allow you to live with the tartan pattern not matching up from one seat to the other?

I have to admit this is one of the main reasons I've never had the guts to get trimming done with a pattern.

Absolutely loving your work.  Please don't take this the wrong way but is your OCD going to allow you to live with the tartan pattern not matching up from one seat to the other?

I have to admit this is one of the main reasons I've never had the guts to get trimming done with a pattern.

Well I didn't really think about it until now. Now that is all I can see. Thanks ;)

Actually the main thing you can see is the back pad, and I have to redo it anyway, so I will pay more attention to getting it right. It is actually not that hard to do, as the pattern is quite easy to lay out. 

Well I didn't really think about it until now. Now that is all I can see. Thanks ;)

Sorry but I was the same, as soon as I noticed it, it was impossible not to see it :(

I feel like a dick for pointing it out but better I do it in support now rather than some wanker making a big deal about it once the car is all complete.

Sorry but I was the same, as soon as I noticed it, it was impossible not to see it :(

I feel like a dick for pointing it out but better I do it in support now rather than some wanker making a big deal about it once the car is all complete.

All good. By the time I got to doing that, I just wanted to get it finished so I could get onto the armrests. I should have thought about it a bit more... ;) 

????

@MFX when you doing merch? I'm also getting worried for you and the missus .. remember that scene from life of brian when he rises early and unwittingly throws open his shutters ... 

Haha, I may have to do it soon as I have more and more people asking for it. I have even had a fan in Mexico go as far as to get my logo as a tattoo with his nickname 'Shampoo' in place of the 'by Jeff.