Home built Hot Rod

MFX

Reckon youve polished through the anodizing mate. Rechromed wont give the same finish...

Yep. I have just been informed that they are anodised, not chromed. I will have to look into it a bit more to see what I can do to fix it. One option people have brought up is Eastwood sells a diy 'chrome' powder coat. I might have to do a bit more research into that.

You'll have to totally strip the anodising before anything will stick to it. Maybe time for professional help on this one.  

I have had a bunch of advise now and I think I have a plan. I should be able to strip off the anodising, polish them up, and I used a specific Clear 4 Chrome product back when I was airbrushing, that worked quite well, so that may be the go.

This week I struggle with installing the front and rear windows. I get the rear sorted, but I have to have a break from the front as it popped back out a couple of times. I have a plan to get it to pop in the way it needs to which I will try this week end.

Jeff, with installing the windows. As you get someone to pull a section of the rubber in with string you need to tap the glass with an open hand and the rubber will then seat properly. Hope that helps.

I remember doing those type or a similar type of windscreen rubbers on an LH Torana I had years ago ........and yes they are a frustrating pain in the ass to get in ,,,,got me stuffed how they did them on the production  lines back when the cars were being made .........Was a nightmare job ,,and we had similar issues to you because much of the front scuttle panel had been replaced due to rust and was,nt the exact same shape as the one that was removed so the bottom edges of the screen keep poping out in the corners ........ended up with a windscreen guy doing it in the end ,,still to this day it has me stuffed how he got it to stay in we try,d every thing...:(