Home built Hot Rod

MFX

I remember doing those type or a similar type of windscreen rubbers on an LH Torana I had years ago ........and yes they are a frustrating pain in the ass to get in ,,,,got me stuffed how they did them on the production  lines back when the cars were being made .........Was a nightmare job ,,and we had similar issues to you because much of the front scuttle panel had been replaced due to rust and was,nt the exact same shape as the one that was removed so the bottom edges of the screen keep poping out in the corners ........ended up with a windscreen guy doing it in the end ,,still to this day it has me stuffed how he got it to stay in we try,d every thing...:(

I have had a few good tips now, so hopefully it should all go to plan. We will see.

Haha, I didn't even start it! ;) 

I admire your stubbornness, especially where glass is concerned. Not a fan of playing with glass as of yesterday! :( 

Are you now missing a limb...?

think you have to buy the mag mate

I had a look while I was in Adelaide on the weekend. They had issue 148 and 149 on the shelf but it wasn't in them? Do you have a subscription? As you probably get it before the rest of us plebs ;) 

I had a look while I was in Adelaide on the weekend. They had issue 148 and 149 on the shelf but it wasn't in them? Do you have a subscription? As you probably get it before the rest of us plebs ;) 

subscription. Inlaws yearly Xmas present. Can't go wrong. 

Got a link Tom? 

FullSizeRender_zpsic3mvhro.jpg

51 episodes and quality and viewability remains top notch, great work as always and enjoyable to watch.

Thanks mate. I really thought after it was painted it was almost done. I was sooo wrong.

So close…….on the bright side, it may be worth considering a windscreen with the internal aerial.

The antenna is actually something I haven't factored in yet. I have had a couple of people suggest a 964 windscreen, but I want to keep the aluminium trim to go with the rest of the windows....

Do you need an antenna? A shame to spoil the lines of your beautifully painted car with an ugle antenna.  A modern stereo with a retro front end you could stream radio via from your phone?

Indeed. You don't even need it in the dash these days. You can stream radio or music on your phone or Spotify etc. 

Do you need an antenna? A shame to spoil the lines of your beautifully painted car with an ugle antenna.  A modern stereo with a retro front end you could stream radio via from your phone?

I have got a nice retro/modern stereo coming, but I really do like listening to the regular old radio as well, so I will keep a look out for options.

Jeff, just checking.

Did you say CLASSICRETROFIT.COM?

Re the horns I'm going something like this. Nice and loud and with the flick of a switch you can raise the tone of your ire! Note it's a 'sports car' horn too.

I love the horns on the trucks at work. They are super loud and we are always in the right :D 

Can you get me a fire truck horn? It's hilarious when the horn signal doesn't match the vehicle. 

Lol

Some arsehole is driving around the hills blasting one of those in the middle of the night,If I get the opportunity there will be a house brick coming through his front window,I do have a plan.