The first two weeks of the GT4

Chris-p

Hi Everyone,

So after a very long wait with some additional hurdles put in the way via firstly AQIS then the good folks that work at the port. We have finally taken delivery of our GT4. Its been a busy two weeks since and with photobucket playing up this is the first chance i have had to post anything. My initial impression of the car is its even better than I hoped and I havent really spent that much time in it yet. We have put 580km on it so far but I can say I feel quite a connection with it. It has a certain rawness that I was hoping would be there similar to what I ended up with in my 993 once the suspension was upgraded and RS engine mounts installed. Couldn't really give it too much on the first SMT but it certainly turns in and goes where you point it much like a Go Kart. Dont think it has the same levels of mechanical grip as the 993 but the limit is so high, it's much higher than my ability thats for sure.  One of the issues I was quite worried about was how low it is and whether it would scrape going into our driveway. So far I haven't had an issue even with 2 up and a full tank. just need to go in on an angle.

One thing I am thrilled about is my wife Ann is actually excited about this car. Never really showed much interest in the others. Hated the 930 as too loud and uncomfortable, 993 not enough leg room... But this one she likes and even had a drive on the day we picked it up which is awesome. Even said on Sunday are we going for a drive? :o

So this week its had a detail by Michael Bailey to get rid of some milkyness in the paint and also to rectify the swirls marks I put in it by claying it with a new clay block. Learnt a lesson on that one! Really happy with the results and next week its going to Shane at Race Wrap to get protective film on the front half of the car. Be much happier when thats done as I picked up 2 very small stone chips on the leading edge of one of the side air intakes. then its all set for the trip to Canberra.

So thanks to everyone for putting up with my 10 months of nervous energy waiting for it to arrive and to Dean and the staff at PCM for making Ann and I feel really special on pick up day. A day I will not forget :D.

So I dont have a lot of pics so far but here is a few.

image_zps3gov9yny.jpeg

GT4%20Pick%20up%205_zpsbzi5ssnv.jpg

IMG_0681_zpsh1sqt21a.jpg

IMG_0682_zpszpmbfrrl.jpg

IMG_0687_zpsemlfktaq.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Chris and Lee.

Yes I wasnt even sure she would want to come to pick it up but when I said about catching the train in to pick it up together she was really keen so I am doubly happy.

Then to be able to arrange that David picked up his Black RS at the same time was a great thrill too. The two cars parked in the showroom looked awesome. What a great experience :)

Come on Chris, tell us the truth, you don't like it and really want to swap it for an original 911 era 1978, white being a bonus..!!?

Congratulations though, it really is a sentsational  vehicle and it has been great to sort have been along for the ride with the rest of the forum members .......

cheers

Congratulations Chris, its simply a magnificent looking machine and well deserved.

I'm not really a black car guy (too much washing for me) but dam that looks good.

You've also killed the idea of clay baring for me as if you put streaks in the paint i'm screwed.

Get out and enjoy it as much and as often as you can mate.

Catch up soon.

Ian

The car without doubt is, was, and has proven to be the the absolute pick of the litter. Kudos goes to Chris, for having the smarts and foresight to make the decision to take the plunge and buy one so far out from being able to get it. Nailed It.

Archived