I just bought the Outlaws ride...76 930

Geez the paint looks good, I thought for an original car it would be a bit knocked around.  Or is the lighting very forgiving?

she's a bit like kate moss mate. Scrubs up really well under the lights, but bump into her day 2 of a music festival and she is showing her age. I recon in 40 years there would have been a respray at some point

What's the performance like between the Aussie and the Outlaw?

on paper the 85 is the more powerful car and at top of the range I would agree. But the 76 has only done 50,000miles and feels a lot more urgent down low. Was in the kangaroo valley the other weekend in the aussi car and a mate thought he would have a go in his brand new 3 series  Bmw. He had a 5m advantage and rolling start but the 30 year old car had him easily ;) I think the OTLW would have done better

Random pics from this week at Autohaus + brought the Hoosiers home

ACFCB1B9-BDF3-493E-9C68-CA06E9992B17_zps

DAB36A94-481C-45DE-92F0-5105DD135DB3_zps

591A38FB-7EEF-43AB-B723-DBE5A61E0E74_zps

EEA06C99-624A-44DC-A057-C823DE57A34B_zps

Edited by turboT

she's a bit like kate moss mate. Scrubs up really well under the lights, but bump into her day 2 of a music festival and she is showing her age. I recon in 40 years there would have been a respray at some point

I think there is a good joke in there, along the lines of "What's the difference between sleeping with Kate Moss and driving the OTLW". The question is, what's the punch line. Maybe

Tom's wife wishes she'd said yes to Kate Moss, because Tom wouldn't have been so obsessed, he spent less time with her and the family would have seen more of him ;)

Tom,interesting comment re the performance comparison between the 3.0L and the 3.3L,at what RPM, s does each respective car come on boost? I believe the 3.0L cars are somewhat lighter and this may ( or may not ) contribute to the car spooling up quicker? Do they both make the factory .8 bar boost?

Tom,interesting comment re the performance comparison between the 3.0L and the 3.3L,at what RPM, s does each respective car come on boost? I believe the 3.0L cars are somewhat lighter and this may ( or may not ) contribute to the car spooling up quicker? Do they both make the factory .8 bar boost?

need to get it back from Autohaus and get a chance to drive them more back to back. Both needs a fair bit of Welly to bring on boost though

is?w57qIwWCGO8_joAKK1WtMQxpLJ0lU7ZevfeXpA bit of a touch up then :)

the power of Photoshop. Of course the 76 is two years younger than Kate and hasn't been brought up in a damp salty environment ?