Show us your front engined Pcar beauty, it must be something you own or owned.

TINGY

All Black interior. All original fabrics seats with vinyl bolsters. Just had new carpet mats made by Garry Blackman. She's in at the moment having full engine bay detailed and color coded, New rear glass hatch, plenum cover, rear blind and console. New engine mounts and rear rubber!

wow Perfect, you are really going the whole hog on this bad boy!  Sounds outstanding.  I need some new carpets- I will have to Google Garry Blackman & see what he does.

wow Perfect, you are really going the whole hog on this bad boy!  Sounds outstanding.  I need some new carpets- I will have to Google Garry Blackman & see what he does.

I don't know if this helps at all, but in my Internet trawlings I have come across companies in the UK that sell complete carpet sets for our cars .... they are pre-moulded pieces that just replace your existing ones ....

Are they cheaper or more expensive?? I have no idea but would be worth looking into .....

I don't know if this helps at all, but in my Internet trawlings I have come across companies in the UK that sell complete carpet sets for our cars .... they are pre-moulded pieces that just replace your existing ones ....

Are they cheaper or more expensive?? I have no idea but would be worth looking into .....

Would be nice to get moulded ones, but I expect freight would be a killer for such bulky items.  Worth a try though, especially with the current good AUD-GBP rate...

You complete me Dreamer.......please fwd any links for said molded carpets please.

Would be nice to get moulded ones, but I expect freight would be a killer for such bulky items.  Worth a try though, especially with the current good AUD-GBP rate...

I would think that with the price of getting custom jobs done here in Oz, it would definitely be worth looking into .... it's a small world these days and shipping can be done on the cheap if done correctly ....

I'll see if I can find the information again so some comparisons can be done ....

You complete me Dreamer.......please fwd any links for said molded carpets please.

Ever since we met Jason I knew we had something special ..... :ph34r:

These ones are from the UK and are for RHD cars ......

http://www.carcarpets.co.uk/porsche-944-1982-to-1993-carpet-set---blenheim-range-43284-p.asp

These ones are from the US .... look really good but don't know if they do RHD ....

http://www.stockinteriors.com/items.asp?MakeId=24&ModelId=398&MainCatId=1&Desc=Porsche_944_Carpet

@Perfect S2 ..... I am certainly not questioning the quality of Garry Blackman but I have always believed in knowing all that is available then being able to make an informed decision .....

I am going through the carpet thing at the moment for my 944T. I have contacted a company in the US and got this response.

"Hello Jeff,

Carpet Set, Nylon - $600 (nylon is the only carpet material that can be molded)

Front Seat Cover Kit – Leather: $1,200 / Vinyl: $800 (includes both front seats)

Rear Seat Cover Kit – Leather: $1,200 / Vinyl: $800

Shipping to Australia is around $300-$350. Over half of that shipping cost is for the carpet set. Properly packed, the full carpet set is 30 lbs, and in a 36” x 21” x 16” box. The front and rear seat covers would be placed in a separate box.

Mars"

This is their website if any interest.

www.worlduph.com.

Jeff

Jeff

Had a quick look at the website - couldn't see any mention of a RHD choice, but I didn't dig deeply...

I've read somewhere that due to the steering not needing to be relocated, the basic setup and floor pans on a LHD and a RHD 924 / 944 are the same. Unlike the setup on a 911 where the floor pans are different sizes and shapes ....

I have no idea if this is correct but would be worth looking into .....

Hey Dreamr, good thought, but no cigar... Just went down to the shed and looked at mine to remind myself - there are cutouts for the accelerator pedal and the footrest that will exist on the "wrong" side as well as the vinyl wear mat for the driver's feet will be on the wrong side as well.

Hi Rob,

It would be worthwhile sending an email to them to confirm if someone is after carpets. I was only after the trunk/hatch carpet but I thought I would get other prices for interest sake. My trunk carpet should be here today or tomorrow. I hope it is correct.

Jeff

• 1 month later...