Show us your front engined Pcar beauty, it must be something you own or owned.

TINGY

On 17/09/2022 at 19:50, KGB said:

Thanks Peter.  Looking forward to the first proper drive. And a KGB plate!

Very underrated these transaxle Porsches, you will enjoy it Mark.

Its great to see it going off to such a great custodian of the brand..I’m sure it will be pampered!!

On 19/09/2022 at 15:03, G5032 said:

Very underrated these transaxle Porsches, you will enjoy it Mark.

Its great to see it going off to such a great custodian of the brand..I’m sure it will be pampered!!

I sure hope to!   Pampered indeed, you gotta love a 968, sexy jigger.

My 928 GTS diverted my glance in seeking a 944S2, now that’s all changed!

Hi all. Been a while since I've posted. Hope all are well. I recently added this beauty to my '79 911 SC. A cracking 1980 manual in "tobacco metallic". Interior is pascha. Not a lot of history came with the car but I believe delivered into Adelaide, then to Sydney, maybe Melbourne, Brisbane and now back to Melbourne. It's a cracker to drive just so much fun. It has some issues I'm working through but thoroughly enjoying it - how can I not love such a classic combo! Cheers. Anthony. 

928interior1.jpg

928interior2.jpg

928outside.jpg

928side.jpg

Have you double checked the year of your 928? I don't seem to remember that year having the side protection strips.

More than likely put on afterwards. May have even been an option although to be fair I don't know.

Also noticed no sunroof. Even rarer.

I would like to ask you how much you paid for it but that might be getting a bit personal 😄

On 30/09/2022 at 14:20, G5032 said:

who cares about the old one..show us the one!!

At Dave's now, then Varasso, then to its new home, maybe next week. I haven't even driven it since that day we concluded the sale! 

• 4 months later...

Not yet completed the once over, but anywho, what a load lugger!   Front suspension, geo, alignment and a/c yet to do and she'll be 'finished'.  I was shocked (heh) to learn of the 'hacksaw mod', where you basically f**k the front damper carriers in order to fit new dampers...FFS.  Clunk, clunk, clunk...

Proper pics follow once suspension is done.

968 lumber.jpg

On 11/02/2023 at 11:35, brian in buddina said:

‘The hacksaw mod’ is pretty straightforward. Being a rooki mechanic it turned out all good for me. Installed Koni yellows. 

The front engined transaxles are not like the aircooled community when the level of originality is on the anal level. 

How do you live with the constant thunking and clunking?

We're doing it a/c style; properly.  No Audi mechanics were harmed in this process.  🤣

IMG_8261.jpg