Show us your front engined Pcar beauty, it must be something you own or owned.

TINGY

Thanks guys I am taking some time over Christmas to finish the interior. I would love an s2 engine! Something for the future. I would have done the SFR blower by now but you have to remove the AC compressor. Not something you want to do in Brisbane.The NA engine is fine for the moment although I would really like to find a later DME so I can use my FR Wilk chip.

Hey Sohan,

How big is the GC C&C?  How many cars?  The Brisbane/ turbo drive event is an absolute extravaganza.  I did go up to the Sunshine Coast recently & there were about 6 cars.  Was a bit disappointing but got to catch up with a PFA'er so worth the trip. 

Hi Jason,  we get about 40 to 50 cars, of course no where close to Brisbane standards but a lot better than Sunshine Coast of their's is only 6 as you say.  

Have a look at our page for an idea.  

https://m.facebook.com/carsandcoffeegoldcoast

Cheers , Sohan 

I got an FR Wilk chip a couple of years ago. He seems to be hard to track down these days but there are other people who do them. Apart from the pinging problem before I discovered that I had bought a US DME the chip made a BIG difference to responsiveness.

Lindsey Racing makes one but I'm not sure about how good it is. FR Wilk was 'da man' when it came to 944s but he seems to have gone underground. 

I have a 10/86 NA car & was thinking of getting a chip for it, where did you get your from, Geeky. 

I bought it from Floyd Wilk but he seems to be hard to get hold of. There are some for sale on the web 2nd hand though

I bought it from Floyd Wilk but he seems to be hard to get hold of. There are some for sale on the web 2nd hand though

You will need one that is specific to ROW cars though. Don't buy a US one it won't work properly.

Edited by 944 Geek

Be careful unless all S2s have the same DME worldwide a US chip won't work in an AUS car! Earlier cars have difference DME for US and ROW.

Edited by 944 Geek

• 4 weeks later...

They are about, its just do you want to pay the price.

Worth every penny Port, it's nice to have a car that you are not spending money on every couple of months.

Cheap cars are fun if you like doing a bit of spannering yourself, would i have a car that wasn't loved or coveted again? Yeah I think so but it will be a project car.

It is nice to have a car to just maintain rather than have to go through fixing stuff that wasn't maintained/serviced when it should have been.

I hear you, I was talking mainly about the turbo on carsales for 58k, that said if I would have won the 31 mil on new year's eve. the 58k turbo 944 would be on its way to my garage by now. love these cars, my only wish is that I would have driven one earlier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally gave the car some love this weekend.  Is starting to look like a reasonable proposition (IMHO) rather than a rolling train wreck.  Lots (& lots) still to do but it's slowly coming together.  Am loving driving it everyday & can't wait to get the clutch & shocks sorted so that I can give it a proper Italian tune up!! 

PFA1.jpg

pfa4.jpg

Looking good Jason. I thought it presented well at the last cars and coffee (just close your eyes when inside until that's sorted). :D

Thanks mate, looks much better now.  Was a bit embarrassed to take it to C&C last time as I wasn't even able to wash it (for about a month) before attending.  Has now had a wash, claybar, polish & wax.  The interior is a whole other story -haha & sadly well down the list of money hungry priorities.  Good luck with your search- it only took me 2 years to finally land this one.  

• 4 weeks later...

944S2 I owned in Perth 15 years ago!

pretty much mint condition, still had the factory double DIN stereo and about 130k kms at the time.

I have seen the car a few times lately around my suburb in Perth (a couple of weeks ago was the last time) - still looks the same - even has the same rego plates I put on it.

ecU7Yi9.jpg

l3OFyAI.jpg

xlFoNvF.jpg

VHFDy2A.jpg

sorry about the crappy quality - its better than nothing :-)

Edited by Carrot01