3 hours ago, ctb said:

It should be interesting indeed. At $109K with 130,000 km I think it is a bit high but $90k's it is in the ballpark I would imagine.

Yeah, that's the ballpark, but only 57 GTS are Oz delivered and some of them must be MIA, and they rarely come up, so who knows...nice color combo.  They are supreme jiggers. ;)

15 hours ago, jakroo said:

According to some people.......

front engine = not a real Porsche

automatic = not a real Porsche

1 of 61,000 = hardly rare

All add to something less than what is being asked :ConfusedGeek:

61,000 total 928s over an 18 year lifespan - but only 2900 GTS variants - with 57 in Australia - makes them a very special and rare car

Toyota makes around 10,000,000 cars a year; I call 61,000 cars over 18 years (approx. 3400 cars per year) rare in anyones books

1 minute ago, Ozvino said:

61,000 total 928s over an 18 year lifespan - but only 2900 GTS variants - with 57 in Australia - makes them a very special and rare car

Toyota makes around 10,000,000 cars a year; I call 61,000 cars over 18 years (approx. 3400 cars per year) rare in anyones books

I think he might have been trolling Dave... :)

2 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

I get a little defensive when it comes to 928's :ph34r:

Me too, but my attitude/ mind set has changed somewhat of late and there is more important stuff to concentrate on...... I will leave the batten for you to carry :D

1 hour ago, Ozvino said:

61,000 total 928s over an 18 year lifespan - but only 2900 GTS variants - with 57 in Australia - makes them a very special and rare car.....

I'd buy it no question if I had the dough. 

I looked at several 928's before buying my 968 but I couldn't justify the spend given my lack of employment.

Us owners of the front engine cars need to stick together.  Many of the cars we have were originally bought by executives in cities and therefore are auto (many purchasers in 30 years time will have the same issue with PDK) , and all are old but front engined and for many Porsche people,  these simply don't qualify as a Porsche.

I for one don't care one way or another about these aspects.

30 minutes ago, crsedge said:

Got to say, I actually don't mind that colour......

Lots of 928s of various designations on Gumtree at the moment I've noticed

21 minutes ago, ANF said:

The start price is more than I think it to be worth....

Christ you'd be a bold & optomistic journeyman taking on this "project"!  Surely it is beyond economical resurrection. Surely old mate should be throwing in the towing fee just for someone tok drag it outta his back paddock........

8 hours ago, Jason E said:

Christ you'd be a bold & optomistic journeyman taking on this "project"!  Surely it is beyond economical resurrection. Surely old mate should be throwing in the towing fee just for someone tok drag it outta his back paddock........

Have to agree with you Jason!

58 minutes ago, ANF said:

Have to agree with you Jason!

I don't know a whole lot about Porsches Adam but one thing I do know is how costly it is to bring a neglected car back from the brink.  My car was nowhere near the condition of this thing and we did a lot of the work ourselves & still I have spent a small fortune.  (Smiles per mile though is probably worth it.........maybe not according to my wife........she's selfish!.......keeps grizzling about food & bills & medicine & stuff....women hey, you can't please 'em).

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, ANF said:

Asking, but highly unlikely to get.... not a lot of info in the add to justify the $70k ask.....

One of the GTS's is gone, wonder if it sold?

Agreed.

Yes, the white '93 GTS didn't last long. It looked nice and good value at $95K with only 95,000km's