Test drove the car today, a few issues definitely need to be addressed but it has a lot of potential. That was my first time driving a 928, not sold on the idea of a GT just yet. It was big and sluggish, felt more like I was in an old Merc coupe than the lovely spirited 'Porsche' experience. 

1 minute ago, vinnytang said:

Test drove the car today, a few issues definitely need to be addressed but it has a lot of potential. That was my first time driving a 928, not sold on the idea of a GT just yet. It was big and sluggish, felt more like I was in an old Merc coupe than the lovely spirited 'Porsche' experience. 

Yeah I get it. But did you boot it and throw it into a corner? You might be surprised how well they steer when they need to.

Yes they feel heavy,  but that is a big engine up front , plus a lot of luxury stuff (sound deadening etc) like a modern Porsche. It was a sports/GT car for the autobahn.

It took me at least 3 months to fully understand this car and it's poise/performance under all conditions.

It can leave a contemporary era 911 for dead in the twisties (esp in the wet :D) but you have to use a bit of muscle.  It's a bruiser, but a forgiving one on the limit.

Agree with the above. They have deliberately heavy steering to give more feel and yes that is a heavy engine (ask me I know!!)

When I got mine I thought it was slow, but after you adapt to how they drive, boy are they quick, especially through corners :D

It ain't a 911!

16 hours ago, vinnytang said:

Grab one of the local Melb guys on here and go for a blast in one, you will be sold :D

7 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

I do believe he is hinting that Dave will be selling his soon.

That is of course, unless I have read into something that I fabricated the outcome in my head :blink:

Nah, spot on, Dave has even said as much.

The second outcome sounds more fun for you though :lol:

22 hours ago, ANF said:

Yep, 'tis nice. That dark it almost looks black, so you should almost be happy with it :P

That's 3 GTS's for sale, market is flooded!

Maybe it is black...?

1 hour ago, 3legs said:

Almost too good to be true and then there it is "previously written off" -YES

Depends upon the reason....

Sold anyway :)

On 4 May 2018 at 6:55 PM, KGB said:

Too much power for Tasmania.

Bah humbug!

We could use it to power our one light globe.... :ph34r: