2 hours ago, ANF said:

Could be a cheap way into a 928.....

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/george-town/cars-vans-utes/1981-porsche-928s-v8-/1169363311

I seem to recall it listed last year maybe?

I work in George Town 3 days / wk so happy to have a crawl over this for anyone that is interested......  PM me.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KGB said:

Just taking care of @GUT's finances should he choose to climb out of the pool.

What happened to the 2 GTS's that disappeared from CS recently?

I’m still holding on!

In this hot weather, it’s nice to have a car the you have to turn the aircon down on.

I’ve been driving mine to work this week.

I have to agree, they’re worth every penny of $117,500. ?

3 hours ago, KGB said:

This one had my cogs whirring...

They look great in white with that fat ass

I think that car may have been owned by a mechanic at Porsche Cebtre Melbourne and his son

7 hours ago, ANF said:

Pushing the bounds of 928s in Australia for pricing, this GTS may just do it???

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1994/SSE-AD-2917975/?Cr=0

When SCs are fetching what they do it’s a bargain....

The more I look at this, the more the "bargain" it appears. Sure it has some mods that most will not like, but it looks well done, and presents very well. Keep it a while and slowly change the things that need changing, namely the stripes (which may well just be stuck on) and find/ fix the front guards and do away with the sill add-ons. I could even live with the wheels and interior..... or just drive it as is and enjoy the smiles!! :D

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/george-town/cars-vans-utes/1981-porsche-928s-v8-/1169363311

Seems reasonable value in the 928 world....

2 hours ago, ANF said:

The more I look at this, the more the "bargain" it appears. Sure it has some mods that most will not like, but it looks well done, and presents very well. Keep it a while and slowly change the things that need changing, namely the stripes (which may well just be stuck on) and find/ fix the front guards and do away with the sill add-ons. I could even live with the wheels and interior..... or just drive it as is and enjoy the smiles!! :D

Seems reasonable value in the 928 world....

As I've said before, happy to look at this if anyone's interested, I work in George Town 3 days a week and can easily check it out for you.    South Street is just around the corner.  PM me......

9 minutes ago, ANF said:

Had a peek at that last night - I reckon one is enough in that theme, plus there's far too much interior for my liking... could serve as a nice companion for yours!

13 hours ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

Had a peek at that last night - I reckon one is enough in that theme, plus there's far too much interior for my liking... could serve as a nice companion for yours!

Not quite right for me, plus I don't have a spare $30k lying around :)

Interior pieces is ok, lack of painting the whole thing white inside is an issue, plus the location of the seat belt anchor, would put a lot of pressure on the tops of your shoulders! The Gemballa kit not to my liking, an odd choice for a track car base?

There are a couple of 928 track cars for sale, the other one is not moving.....

5 hours ago, ANF said:

Not quite right for me, plus I don't have a spare $30ki lying around :)

Interior pieces is ok, lack of painting the whole thing white inside is an issue, plus the location of the seat belt anchor, would put a lot of pressure on the tops of your shoulders! The Ge,balla kit not to my liking, an odd choice for a track car base?

There are a couple of 928 track cars for sale, the other one is not moving.....

It's a pretty small market no doubt.  The only reason I ended up springing for ours was the previous owner (probably bought on the basis of the owner more than the car to be honest) and the fact it was only 20min away so easy to check out.  There's no doubt they can be money pits & given the lack of dry sump etc they don't have the best rep for a track hack straight off the factory floor.  I agree a Gemballa kit is a bit of a weird choice and the interior is neither here nor there...not road trim, not track specd.  I guess it does follow that old line of going to the track in the Porsche you have, not the one you wish you had.

8 minutes ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

It's a pretty small market no doubt.  The only reason I ended up springing for ours was the previous owner (probably bought on the basis of the owner more than the car to be honest) and the fact it was only 20min away so easy to check out.  There's no doubt they can be money pits & given the lack of dry sump etc they don't have the best rep for a track hack straight off the factory floor.  I agree a Gemballa kit is a bit of a weird choice and the interior is neither here nor there...not road trim, not track specd.  I guess it does follow that old line of going to the track in the Porsche you have, not the one you wish you had.

They did race in the Nurburgring and LeMans 24 hours races back in the day, would be interesting to see what (if any) mods were made to them? You can get a dry sump kit for them. How would you rate the handling of the 928 vs a similar vintage 911? (not at all wishing to stir up that hornets nest :) )

Any Porsche can be a money pit :) but the more I learn about 928s the less I tend to agree with notion that they can be.... they can bite hard though!!