looks nice

strange to have needed a full engine rebuild with only 200,000km on the clock now

looks nice

strange to have needed a full engine rebuild with only 200,000km on the clock now

Nice car and decent price going on condition in the photos

Guessing the timing belt must of let go, not much else could destroy these engines at KMs that low

Guessing the timing belt must of let go, not much else could destroy these engines at KMs that low

Strange on a vehicle that looks maintained. I guess a quick call will clear that up?
A full rebuild could be something more serious, anyway it's all fixed now!

Strange on a vehicle that looks maintained. I guess a quick call will clear that up?A full rebuild could be something more serious, anyway it's all fixed now!

Agreed, its odd. I always look at the interior - the hardest part of a 928 to keep in order, if the interior is intact the car is typically well maintained in all aspects - just an observation after looking at many of these cars

• 4 weeks later...

I've just signed up to the 928 club.  This was listed last year and will be making its way to our garage this week.  Currently running a 5.0 litre engine (with motec) & manual gearbox and a whole bunch of mods. Pretty much in track trim, which we're softening a little to make it tolerable on the road. It's exciting to have something new/different under the roof & I'm looking forward to the first track outing....it's got bags of torque compared with the old 3.0litres that I'm used to driving around.  It's going to be whole new thing & there's lots to learn...will be a bit of an adventure.

IMG_0717

Edited by Gavin (CliffToCoast)
autocorrect...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...