Rescuing a Klassic

P-Kay

Thanks for all the 'kind' words :Confused02:

To be fair, I did have the option of not going down this road and creating a hot-rod as realistically that is where the car was at.

However, twofold: 

• I was already balls deep in the longhood parts gathering journey and beyond the point of no return
  • The hot-rod will be next and I want it to be a Targa that I personally will do

I also felt this was the best approach given the options presented of how to proceed 

Cheers

Also, if it was originally light yellow, I'm all for bringing it back to it's original colour.

I'll go out on a limb and say there were probably more yellow 911E's than there were black ones.  We all hear about boring Porsches being black or silver, but I reckon black was an exclusive colour in that era, why compromise  :Chuckle2: 

Definitely agree! Not sure if it's like when you see one you see them everywhere, but it seems that Light Yellow was indeed a popular colour. Easy to spot in a car park at least :ph34r:

I've gone this far, it has to be back to original colour.....and.........being that footy has started back up again...........Go Tiges :Beer:

9 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

A moment that I have been patiently waiting for a long time. To be honest, I am still a little in shock. :Confused02:

My darling wife's comments 'It looks better now than when you first got it

IMG_0858.thumb.JPG.fbb88a7d76ed1fee96f9d80aa7379793.JPG

Looking great mate....Love your work

2 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Thank you for the kind words! Although, I can't take credit for this exceptional craftsmanship my friend. It's all the team at Skunk Werks. Where HB2 was held :) 

can't wait to see the finished product, their work is fantastic..

It had a decent hit in the rear right - even bulged the parcel shelf from what appeared to be an imprint of the engine!!

Here we have the back end being squared off. Looking good for an initial tack ;) 

Man there is soooo much more work to go, but at least it is looking more and more like a complete car as the weeks progress. 🚗

IMG_0867.thumb.JPG.897cb43d23197d78bc9f616f72fa4932.JPG

IMG_0866.thumb.JPG.1b24ebc25b37248afdc2f24683737e68.JPG

Talk about bringing back from the dead.  There is no way you can reconcile that pic with what we saw before.

Obviously who ever butchered it in the first place thought it was a good thing to do with a hit and rusty car.

5 hours ago, Coastr said:

There is no way you can reconcile that pic with what we saw before.

It's good yeah? :Jumping:

As you mentioned previously....it's going to be a new car. Well as near as possible :) 

How do you like them apples :CoolDance:

IMG_0868.thumb.JPG.f3e2a359fe0d5c1bd83c0ee87945765c.JPG

On 17/07/2020 at 14:21, luzzo said:

Great to see solid progress P-Kay

At the moment the majority of the car is held together with tack welds and self tapping screws. The current work is focusing on ensuring the car is square and the panel gaps are just right before it is properly spot, plogged and stitch welded together. But it sure is getting closer that I am finding it hard to concentrate on anything other than Porsche.

Guess I am not much different to everyone else on this forum...there's alot to love about the marque and the cars :)