Rescuing a Klassic

P-Kay

It is exciting to see the progress.

How much is original metal?  I see new roof, doors, front guards.  Will also have new latch panel, rear lights panel, quarter panels.  So for original metal we are talking the rear frame rails up to the front tank support structure?

image_6.jpeg

Edit I found the first photo from the first owner...there really wasn't much to work with!

4 hours ago, Coastr said:

Edit I found the first photo from the first owner...there really wasn't much to work with!

^^Unfortunately not.....Besides, It was always going to be a converted import, so do your other points matter in the grander scheme of thing?

Rhetorical question - as they are not overly important to me :Speechless:

23 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

That's definitely what I am focusing on - the prize! 🎁

Will be an amazing car when finished. Once driving all the hard work will be worth it and pain soon forgotten!

Loving the progress updates. 

The skills of the guys doing the work is brilliant!

Cheers @luzzo

It is definitely getting closer to move from the magic metal maestro man to the next step in the process.

Mind you, I will be ecstatic to get i t back in the garage by year end. Suspect this is realistic? 

However, based on past experience, I anticipate another year on that for me to finalise assembly and registration. Might have to take some of my long-service leave and go hard on the assembly 🛠️ 

15 hours ago, Coastr said:

Is that the converted cash or a donor car?

^ assume typo and you mean dash - It's the one that came with the car. Everything is RHD = frunk/dash/floor

I obviously had the option to put it back to how it came from the factory, but chose rhd

• 2 weeks later...