Rescuing a Klassic

P-Kay

Left side all buttoned up and I can't see the roof going anywhere soon......I would call that good penetration :) 

The funky cross welded is where it was 'relieved' to fit the 959 goodness :wacko:

Once the hole up top is filled in, then it will be real close to being removed from the bench. Excited much...me.....nope...not at all.....yeah right!!!!

IMG_0894.JPG.e4000fd7f2584c775904c9744e8707c8.JPGIMG_0897.jpg.ca03168348e37564b2dbbfd1f6a5d550.jpg

38 minutes ago, luzzo said:

That's the way Pete, you have to keep seeing the end goal in mind :cool07:

Cheers Raff...Not being able to see it in person is a bit of a challenge.....The silver lining is that the back yard at home is looking much more like a house versus a building site!

Downtime watching restored early cars on Youtube also helps :) 

Someone pass me a tissue...boohoo :Chuckle2:

I know the complete story of how this car came from the factory. Even down to the engine number ;)

Oh and yes, it is a no sunroof car - Once complete, it will be 'the same' as when it left the factory with the obvious exception of which door you open to steer it...and I am adding a passenger mirror for asthetics and ....no just for the looks :) 

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Are they using the same mollecularly correct metal for the roof fill?

No?

Well its not the same then is it? 😉

Don’t be so sure they didn’t source date correct mig wire & led fill... 🙃

Love the progress, don’t give up... once you get over the bodywork mountain the rest should be a breeze! Kudos to you for sticking with it @P-Kay

1 hour ago, 9er said:

If you care, it would be good to fix the '72 oil filler cap release dimple in the rhs lock post at this stage.

@9er great to see the help here.

What years should have the filler cap release there? Is it in a different position for other years?