24 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Is there a reason this car has been sitting about for so long?  It's the cheapest 987 S manual on CS after the $24k scam car.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-Boxster-2007/SSE-AD-5411274/?_ga=2.189437611.1017801123.1528078091-687039653.1508387122 

the link says the car is no longer available?

49 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Is there a reason this car has been sitting about for so long?  It's the cheapest 987 S manual on CS after the $24k scam car.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-Boxster-2007/SSE-AD-5411274/?_ga=2.189437611.1017801123.1528078091-687039653.1508387122 

The link still works.

Ok here's my "expert" opinion hahaa. First how long has it been on CS? The car is low to reasonably priced for what it appears to be... BUT .. dig into the possible details, which he hasn't disclosed in the ad. Is he easy to contact? Is he shifty in manner or voice or appearance? Is he compliant to see and drive the car anytime? Is he compliant to take the car somewhere and get a PPI?

How many owners? Service history? Any? Books? Aust del? Condition of car? Options? There is not one mention in the ad of the condition of any of the preceeding points about the car.

The car could be a shitbox, on WOVR, poor paint, interior and body. Noises in the motor, gearbox. Impending IMSB - noises. Clutch problems etc etc etc.

The car has only one factory added option I can see - sat nav. So it pretty much has no options. Others on the market have a few options and more price - and others that are $15000 more in price are optioned to the hilt. 

Getting my car serviced today so have borrowed an early manual Boxster as a loan car. Unfortunately peak hour traffic restricted testing, but is a fun little car from what I could see!

Nice day here in Melbourne, so have already worked out roof opening procedures for this afternoons drive back to Nine Auto.  B)

1 hour ago, Dalai said:

Getting my car serviced today so have borrowed an early manual Boxster as a loan car. Unfortunately peak hour traffic restricted testing, but is a fun little car from what I could see!

Nice day here in Melbourne, so have already worked out roof opening procedures for this afternoons drive back to Nine Auto.  B)

Photo please. Is it silver and black 19” rims and black and white reg plates? 

46 minutes ago, Airhead said:

You better watch Jane's Weather on 7 tonight. I know I will be.

@Lee when I landed at 8am this morning the pilot informs us its 4 degrees and there was an audible groan from the passengers. Thinking it was going to be a typical Melb cold wet day :ph34r: i was pleasently surprised, would have been a great day in a boxrod. I am sitting here having a couple of beers thinking  it cant happen two days in a row :Chuckle2:

but at least I’m out of the rain in Syd... ?

42 minutes ago, Tips said:

@Lee when I landed at 8am this morning the pilot informs us its 4 degrees and there was an audible groan from the passengers. Thinking it was going to be a typical Melb cold wet day :ph34r: i was pleasently surprised, would have been a great day in a boxrod. I am sitting here having a couple of beers thinking  it cant happen two days in a row :Chuckle2:

but at least I’m out of the rain in Syd... ?

Went for a picnic today in the Dandenongs 20 degrees, not a cloud in sight! 

On 6/4/2018 at 12:15 PM, Fishcop said:

That car looks a bit suspect (missing rear badge, painted rims) and is at Green Acre... enough said

Or the number plates mounted or the shot of different plate or the tinted windows or the dodgy knob on stereo... add up every detail in the entire ad that you see that indicates a negative and there is half the picture.... and the very very basic auto generated text with no mention of anything else -  It's what HASN'T been said.............

4 hours ago, Tips said:

Well it’s cheap, a manual and low k’s other than that I’ve got nothing to say :Chuckle2:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/yangebup/cars-vans-utes/1998-porsche-boxster/1187002020

Price negotiable... Is that the cost he pays to have it towed away?

On another note, I've been actively engaging with the owners of some of the nicer 986 cars currently on CS... I can only presume a few of them really don't actually want to sell their cars.  The common response to a question about negotiability on price (and I direct this towards the owners of the stagnant cars above $30k) has been "Well I don't really have to sell" or "Mine's exceptional".  :rolleyes: 

Playing with insurance quotes on 986 Boxter S cars sees me unable to get an agreed price on a plus $30k car using the online calculators, so spending more than $25k would see me under insured?   

I think there is a conspiracy, I'm being forced into Speed Yellow :P  They are the only reasonably priced cars sitting around.  If anyone reading is thinking of parting with a nice Boxster S (manual please), feel free to PM me...  Being located in Port Macquarie means I can't just "jump" on a car, so I'm looking to work with a seller without the cut-throat speed of CarSales!

1 hour ago, Fishcop said:

On another note, I've been actively engaging with the owners of some of the nicer 986 cars 

Good on you mate, more power to you.?

7 hours ago, Fishcop said:

On another note, I've been actively engaging with the owners of some of the nicer 986 cars currently on CS... I can only presume a few of them really don't actually want to sell their cars.  The common response to a question about negotiability on price (and I direct this towards the owners of the stagnant cars above $30k) has been "Well I don't really have to sell" or "Mine's exceptional".  :rolleyes: 

Playing with insurance quotes on 986 Boxter S cars sees me unable to get an agreed price on a plus $30k car using the online calculators, so spending more than $25k would see me under insured?   

I think there is a conspiracy, I'm being forced into Speed Yellow :P  They are the only reasonably priced cars sitting around.  If anyone reading is thinking of parting with a nice Boxster S (manual please), feel free to PM me...  Being located in Port Macquarie means I can't just "jump" on a car, so I'm looking to work with a seller without the cut-throat speed of CarSales!

I might consider selling my 2003 2.7.

It’s definitely not yellow, so it has that going for it.

I’m upgrading to a 996/997, I’ve just started looking

7 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Shannon’s was an agreed value of $30k as long as you could prove it was worth it... might be worth a chat to those guys to find out how you agree on the value.

1 minute ago, Daly87 said:

Shannon’s was an agreed value of $30k as long as you could prove it was worth it... might be worth a chat to those guys to find out how you agree on the value.

Yes I'll definitely do that.  I'd prefer not to use Shannons though.  I had a running battle with them getting adequate cover on my old 69 911T which was superb.  Pimply faced 'expert' I was dealing with couldn't accept early Porsches has exceeded the $50k value mark in 2013 :rolleyes:  I ended up with Ryno (who were great) but they don't do later Porsches.

20 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

I might consider selling my 2003 2.7.

It’s definitely not yellow, so it has that going for it.

I’m upgrading to a 996/997, I’ve just started looking

Thanks Dave, fixed on the S car though ;)