996-7 Turbo Market Watch

t888 .. that is correct however if you take a snap shot of the RHD 996 Turbo market ie UK 38 vehicles currently available of which only 1 is a MY 2000 vehicle. majority of vehicles tend to be 2002, 2003, 2004 model years. so I think that avenue comes more into play in Years 2027, 2028, 2029. we've still got a few years to go and the way this world currently operates nothing can be measured as certain.

It will be an interesting watch. 

Apparently it's Import Turbo Thursday at Carsales 😂

NZ, UK, UK.

First one (the NZ car) has been on there for ages, but dropped the price and done whatever it is that makes Carsales put it back on these notification emails.

Second I think I saw 6 months ago, assumed it sold but I guess not?

Third is the one I posted about above.

image.thumb.png.baa54ec0f1e6acf18229077200d50fde.png

1 hour ago, VGTS20 said:

t888 .. that is correct however if you take a snap shot of the RHD 996 Turbo market ie UK 38 vehicles currently available of which only 1 is a MY 2000 vehicle. majority of vehicles tend to be 2002, 2003, 2004 model years. so I think that avenue comes more into play in Years 2027, 2028, 2029. we've still got a few years to go and the way this world currently operates nothing can be measured as certain.

It will be an interesting watch. 

Since it's on SEVs, can't the later year ones be imported anyway? I spent some time trying to comprehend the government website but am still confused on this.

I agree - but cant really see a nice 996TT being had for that....? A high mile import = maybe?

SEVS rule for 996 TT is only for the year we didn't get any 99 and 2000, however after 2025/6 the 25 year rule kicks in....

I also think there needs to be a bigger distinction ( there certainly is pricing wise) between the 996 and 997. 
Yes i know the "tubs" are the same - - but they are NOT the same car.

NZ vs AU market cars cant be compared - they've been allowing Parallel imports for years....

27 minutes ago, t888 said:

Since it's on SEVs, can't the later year ones be imported anyway? I spent some time trying to comprehend the government website but am still confused on this.

t888,

can't the later year ones be imported anyway ? What year production are you referring to ?

if its 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 builds right now.. My understanding is answer is NO.

@t888 @VGTS20 

My understanding of the SEVS rule (as opposed to the 25 year rule) is that it applies for vehicles that are SIGNIFICANTLY different to what was on sale here.

The early turbos apply because they are different bodies AND engines than the regular Carrera.

Once we have them (from 2001 model years onward ) on sale here - they only fall into the 25 Year rule.

A friend has just listed this:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-turbo-996-auto-awd-my03/SSE-AD-16816077/?Cr=11

Very, very nice car, but perhaps a bit hard to price in this market being  such  low km, Tip, and especially as located in Tassie.  $155 is probably fair starting point, but she is willing to listen to serious offers.  For sale because she likes driving her 992 Carrera S too much 🙂 

Happy to listen to pricing thoughts that I can pass on.  I have also suggested she might widen her market if the car was moved to Melb / Sydney, but I guess any serious punter would be willing to travel for inspections.

39 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

A friend has just listed this:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-turbo-996-auto-awd-my03/SSE-AD-16816077/?Cr=11

Very, very nice car, but perhaps a bit hard to price in this market being  such  low km, Tip, and especially as located in Tassie.  $155 is probably fair starting point, but she is willing to listen to serious offers.  For sale because she likes driving her 992 Carrera S too much 🙂 

Happy to listen to pricing thoughts that I can pass on.  I have also suggested she might widen her market if the car was moved to Melb / Sydney, but I guess any serious punter would be willing travel for inspections.

Happy to store it at my place and give it the occasional run :ph34r:

Great looking car, glws

On 22/02/2024 at 14:06, JWM said:

Apparently it's Import Turbo Thursday at Carsales 😂

NZ, UK, UK.

First one (the NZ car) has been on there for ages, but dropped the price and done whatever it is that makes Carsales put it back on these notification emails.

Second I think I saw 6 months ago, assumed it sold but I guess not?

Third is the one I posted about above.

image.thumb.png.baa54ec0f1e6acf18229077200d50fde.png

Does anyone know anything about the QLD car? Seems pretty good with all the work that has been done and being a manual. Strange that it hasn’t sold in 6 months though - that would worry me. Just missed out on the Canberra car - that one seemed like the real deal from what the dealer was saying. 

17 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Does anyone know anything about the QLD car? Seems pretty good with all the work that has been done and being a manual. Strange that it hasn’t sold in 6 months though - that would worry me. Just missed out on the Canberra car - that one seemed like the real deal from what the dealer was saying. 

“Strange that it hasn’t sold in 6 months”

maybe it doesnt tick all the boxes for a specific buyer.. each to their own.. if you like it just do your due diligence on it and enjoy it for what its worth .. thats all that matters.

If it was round the corner I would be doing my due diligence. For interstate buys it’s not that simple and you need to consider all information before committing time, effort and money. That it has sat on the market for an extended period of time is definitely a flag. Whether it is red or not, who knows.

For UK imports I'd be checking the vin against a UK based history check site as a first step. 

The blue one looked good to me, someone got a good deal I think.  Although a UK import it had been in aus since around 2012 or so. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/03/2024 at 12:34, VGTS20 said:

“Strange that it hasn’t sold in 6 months”

maybe it doesnt tick all the boxes for a specific buyer.. each to their own.. if you like it just do your due diligence on it and enjoy it for what its worth .. thats all that matters.

I bought the sellers other 996tt from last year. Seems like a nice enough guy but the car was a pos. Ended up requiring rebuild of engine and gb. Ended up selling car to mechanic for huge loss. Get it inspected if ur interested but I'd be very careful. 

Think imports are ok but you want one that's been in Oz for a while so that you can really look in to its history. 

Uk stds of "no corrosion" differ from oz stds lol. 

The good stuff is coming out of the woodwork .....

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-porsche-911-turbo-997-manual-awd-my08/OAG-AD-23070451/?Cr=1

Don't know the car - but cracker of a spec.... All from the ad:
Aus Delivered.
Low (ish) Klms.
PCCB.
Extended Leather Interior (2 tone) PLUS the rare and super expensive leather covered AC/Audio option... 🤩
18 Way Hardbacks.

CHEAP!!!

Niiiiiiiice!!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, tomk86 said:

5 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

Nice colour!

I really like it. What’s it really worth though if GT3’s are going to auction and getting bids in the 150’s now?

1 hour ago, JWM said:

I really like it. What’s it really worth though if GT3’s are going to auction and getting bids in the 150’s now?

At least from my experience, most GT3 buyers and Turbo buyers are not generally cross shopping. Both 911's but very different cars.

Just now, MFX said:

At least from my experience, most GT3 buyers and Turbo buyers are not generally cross shopping. Both 911's but very different cars.

That makes sense. I was just thinking that for the last little while GT3s have been worth significantly more, so $150k for this might still be a bit optimistic?