996-7 Turbo Market Watch

3 hours ago, BNR34 said:

Would not be anywhere near 300. A V8 supercar driven on the limit only does just over 270 despite exiting turn 18 much faster and tipping into turn 1 much much faster

Perhaps aero drag has something to do with it. Big aero lots of down = force fast corner exit but slower straight line speed. It’s a balancing act for car setup. “Usually”  more downforce = faster lap but slower max speed on straights. Races are won in corners not straights.

So 300 can not be ruled out based on comparison to a V8 Supercar. 

7 minutes ago, Redracn said:

Perhaps aero drag has something to do with it. Big aero lots of down = force fast corner exit but slower straight line speed. It’s a balancing act for car setup. “Usually”  more downforce = faster lap but slower max speed on straights. Races are won in corners not straights.

So 300 can not be ruled out based on comparison to a V8 Supercar. 

Aero is part of it but the corner speed differential would be more to do with the tyres in this case. V8 supercars' power to weight is also >50% better than the turbo. I stand by my comment. It will not do near 300. 

I have lapped SMSP thousands of times over the past 25 years in many different cars, street cars and race cars.

3 hours ago, BNR34 said:

Would not be anywhere near 300. A V8 supercar driven on the limit only does just over 270 despite exiting turn 18 much faster and tipping into turn 1 much much faster

100% 300kph or actually anywhere near it at ECR in a stock 991 turbo on the main straight is dreaming.  More like 250-260

3 hours ago, BNR34 said:

Aero is part of it but the corner speed differential would be more to do with the tyres in this case. V8 supercars' power to weight is also >50% better than the turbo. I stand by my comment. It will not do near 300. 

I have lapped SMSP thousands of times over the past 25 years in many different cars, street cars and race cars.

For the not so informed (me) what is SMSP ?🤷‍♂️😊

It has expanded a lot since that first raceway was built. It now has 

- 4 circuit configurations and ability to run two circuit at once,

-skipan 

- drift circuit

- off road training area 

- decent cafe area too   
but the new name just isn’t very memorable is it.  

13 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

Love that dark blue

That car will sell......starting to see some slightly more realistically priced cars.......finally

You sure that will sell at that price.  What happened to your anything over 150k for a manual 997 turbo is unrealistic in order for some movement to happen. Is that a typo in the ad  and its a manual not a tipper.  

38 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

You sure that will sell at that price.  What happened to your anything over 150k for a manual 997 turbo is unrealistic in order for some movement to happen. Is that a typo in the ad  and its a manual not a tipper.  

Is that Turbo Tom's old car,?

1 hour ago, hugh said:

Yes, it was black and a 997.2 PDK car. 

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

Don't hold me to it, but I think his was black ...

Cheers guys,  Not Tom's then :) For some reason I thought it was dark blue.

3 hours ago, on_booost said:

Tipper Import in Meteor Grey 🤑 just listed....

$158K......

Based on a ratio analysis using'@911virgin's pricing guide, thats got some sizeable  monthly cuts before it gone in 60 seconds.

997 .1 oz delivered manual turbo 150k

adjustment for tipper= (20) yes  the brackets is a deduct

Adjustment for rusty import  (26)  [130 x 0.2]

But reality is probably less rusty than those oz delivered locally beauties holed up in Bondi /Manly.

Benchmarch price for a sale = 104k

@Joz In terms of how low will they go, based on the above, clear down grade  to a 996 tipper so thats (20) from the 130 ( yours oz delivered right) and your rubber bits and  splitter are suspect so thats a another (5) deduct.   I'd get ready to offload yours for a trade up at basically no extra cost.

3 hours ago, on_booost said:

Tipper Import in Meteor Grey 🤑 just listed....

$158K......