996-7 Turbo Market Watch

This 996 Turbo - Seal Grey tipper with 54ks and the love it or loathe it boxster red interior went unsold today with the highest bid at $114,000.

I thought that wasn't too bad a price to be honest ... apart from being such low km's it's around about the price where they start sitting (and sitting...) on Carsales so I was a bit surprised the seller didn't let it go at that.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 6.39.45 pm.png

1 hour ago, JWM said:

This 996 Turbo - Seal Grey tipper with 54ks and the love it or loathe it boxster red interior went unsold today with the highest bid at $114,000.

I thought that wasn't too bad a price to be honest ... apart from being such low km's it's around about the price where they start sitting (and sitting...) on Carsales so I was a bit surprised the seller didn't let it go at that.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 6.39.45 pm.png

WA location may have hurt it??

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

WA location may have hurt it??

I was a whisker away from hitting the eft button to secure a 996 turbo in that colour combo  but with a non negotable 3rd pedal.  I think I am in the minority,  but a fan of that colour combo with an asterisk.  The first mod I planned to do was replace all the boxster red  carpet ( including on the door cards) with black factory carpet and  black floor mats.   Transforms the look of the interior big time. 

What's the big deal in making a few calls to organize transport that costs less than 3 or 4%. So you would choose a  Bondi beauty with more rust below the  surface than one from Perth.  The reason I raise the rust issue is that the example I was chasing was a UK import and when I raised the concern with rust when booking the PPI,  the post PPI comment was it's got a lot less rust than the local ones we service that are garaged locally in the northern beaches. Some small traces of ferric oxide on the clutch cable was all they could fault for that area of concern.  

8 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

I’ve bought a couple of cars from WA, seems people think it’s just to far away but the transport coming back to Victoria from there is very cheap. One of the cars was a 930, originally a UK car and it had absolutely no rust. 

Ssshhh. Keep letting people think it's near impossible and ridiculously expensive to get cars shipped from WA. ;)

Easy pickings for those that know the truth...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Boosh said:

Good price for a GT2. I was going to bid myself but bought something else before the auction ended.

His was the last one I saw on Carsales, much lower kms and presumably not stacked.

IMG_1527.png