Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Drove the 356 today about 130 miles with a dozen or so cars from the Aust Porsche 356 Register down to Sorrento for breakfast at All Smile s restaurant.

8.30am start at Western Port Highway BP servo.

V2XxAyx.jpg

Conga Line.

4xJiyeo.jpg

Spot of rain made the top go up on the Speedster replica.

RfN73TU.jpg

Back home by 1pm to do an oil change so the car is ready for the Gathering weekend end April.

Have been driving the 996.1 GT3 this week.  Makes the 12 minutes to and from work go even faster ...

Porsche nailed it with that car.  Engine output might be modest by modern standards but it just does everything so bloody well. 

Agreed, the 996.1 has the perfect amount of power for the setup. I still remember the first time I drove it. Sensational.

I've been avoiding this forum for the last month or so, as I had a bit of an oil leak and haven't been able to drive.

I wanted to avoid any reminder that I had a car that I could not drive, it was killing me.

But yesterday I drove the car to the mechanics for repair, should be back on the road next week and I can't wait. I'm excited like a primary school child waiting for Christmas!

Took a quick photo while I stopped for fuel.

bhyCzuL.jpg

Went for cruise up to Palm Beach. Was a magic day here today in Sydney. I have to use the word 'cruise' because the traffic heading up to the beaches was typical of a warm sunny day and I was lucky to breach 60kph on the 30km round journey...

Took the RS for a blat today. Usual route around Red Hill, Cape Schank  etc.  In the rain. Just stuffed my resale I'm sure. Still, all for a good cause. Sunday sanity. 

That's my neck of the woods, feel free to give me a shout next time if your up for some company. 

That's my neck of the woods, feel free to give me a shout next time if your up for some company. 

Good to know. Will do. Thanks  

There's a classic car display this Sunday in Flinders. 10-4. I'm displaying something. Was thinking the '61 T5 B Outlaw.  Might offend some sensibilities (i hope)  

Not sure what else will be on display but there are a few down here with some pretty nice stuff in sheds that often bring them out so if anyone's at a loose end, it might be worth the drive.  Display is on the corner of Cook and Norman Streets, Flinders. 

Caught up with Stew and Andrew (Cayman S) for a Tassie trip run down at Clarendon today, with Mark in his obnoxiously loud 72 hot rod. Love it! Weather was on and off, but it's always a good excuse to get away from any sort of gardening activities! 

20170409_101138.jpg

Nice mix Lee ...."a good excuse to get away from any sort of gardening activities!" Or bathroom reno shopping!!! 

Nice mix Lee ...."a good excuse to get away from any sort of gardening activities!" Or bathroom reno shopping!!! 

That's next on the list. Dunno how one glass door exploding results in planning for a full bathroom reno! What the? :( 

Well, Thursday night actually, yet drove to Hahndorf to meet up with our very own Youtube megastars, Mr and Mrs Jeff. The cool night air on the way home must have had an effect, as the old banger 911 was singing!  So much so, I did a night op's in the Adelaide hills on the way home on one of my all time favourite roads when riding bikes, Upper Sturt road, and there was not a another car in sight at just after 9pmish. These cars are a blast to drive on smooth roads, so I may have to organise an evening drive with some like minded owners here very SOON! 

Did end up getting out Tuesday night and enjoyed a few hours over and around the Dandenongs late that evening.

Today I drove Marysville return via the Reefton Spur with a side trip to Lake Mountain on the way back. Surprisingly little traffic for the most part. Much fun was had!

29lo1z5.jpg