Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Been without the car for the past three weeks as we attempt to resolve the issue of the engine hunting (and occasionally stalling) at idle. So it was great to pick it up yesterday (much improved - not solved altogether) and take it for a quick punt through the hills. Up through Emerald and Maccesfield on the longest ever errand to "pick up rice". I did get a message from my Mrs at one point asking where on earth i was - i confessed that i had take a "slight detour".

The car has developed a knocking in the rear (some kind of bushing I'm thinking) but was still a joy to drive.

IMG_2468

It had been a couple of weeks since my last drive, so I headed out and took the car over some of Andy73's local roads this evening.

First run along Lysterfield road I was stuck in traffic, but was able to get a clear run both ways after doing a U turn at the Wellington road end. I then traversed over onto the mountain and was able to get in another couple of clear runs on a few of my favourite twisties!

As I was pulling in to my local BP on the way home I got a beep from a car in the far lane and received my first thumbs up from a young bloke driving by.   :)

It had been a couple of weeks since my last drive, so I headed out and took the car over some of Andy73's local roads this evening.

First run along Lysterfield road I was stuck in traffic, but was able to get a clear run both ways after doing a U turn at the Wellington road end. I then traversed over onto the mountain and was able to get in another couple of clear runs on a few of my favourite twisties!

As I was pulling in to my local BP on the way home I got a beep from a car in the far lane and received my first thumbs up from a young bloke driving by.   :)

Lysterfield road is fun if you can get a break in the traffic. Shame it's not a whole lot longer! Saw a white Cayman coming the other way through there on Saturday. Gave me a flash of the headlights before flooring it on that first straight.

• 2 weeks later...

Took my daughter in law to be out to Walshy's weird museum at MONA. I used to watch him playing space invaders in the uni bar as part of my claim to the fame that sticks to him like doggy doo.

Apart from the art penned by disturbed individuals , the fact that a Camry dwarfs my 928 is a sign of McTimes.

I was seriously tempted to park next to the red Telstar associated with the spot marked "God" (though if he was seriously pretentious , Satan would have been far funnier).
The shark would eat the electron powered saloon.

In the aural stakes if nothing else.

Lest I be attacked by a 2 1/2 legged mutated Mona dog-rooster , I resisted such temptation.

http://imgur.com/a/htCna

I drove to work, parked her safely between to concrete beams lol. I'm trying to sneak out of the office so i can go home early and enjoy my drive home.

It is POETS DAY, get into it, and head off........and have fun...

Needed to get out for drive today, as this morning I was required to collected my wife's ashes from the cemetery. They only hold them for 12 months and the first anniversary of her passing was last Wednesday...

Conditions weren't ideal so I found the limits of traction on more than one corner, but still managed a spirited 300km drive through the hills to Kinglake return this afternoon.

Needed to get out for drive today, as this morning I was required to collected my wife's ashes from the cemetery. They only hold them for 12 months and the first anniversary of her passing was last Wednesday...

Conditions weren't ideal so I found the limits of traction on more than one corner, but still managed a spirited 300km drive through the hills to Kinglake return this afternoon.

Thoughts are with you stranger. Can't imagine what that would be like.

I'd love to know who was driving Lysterfield Road in a white Cayman today. Followed me out and we both gave it some beans until we ran into some traffic so then we both turned around and I chased him back - got some nice lines from him too.

Stopped for donuts - I'll say that was for my son - then ended up at Yellingbo before doing a mad dash to Seville for fuel. Back home via Sylvan and Tecoma - hadn't planned it but it was a ripping afternoon.

FullSizeRender 21

IMG_2729

• 2 weeks later...

Went for a sticky-beak at Lakeside this morning, they were holding time attacks.

AWFjUBI.jpg

This guy was the sole Porsche on the track, I spoke to him and told him about the forum, hopefully he shows up.

004vxiH.jpg

He had a very loud Akrapovic system that sounded pretty sweet:

Edited by grantmr