Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Found myself driving in the rain on Mt Cootha after dark over the weekend.

The Weapon handles brilliantly in the wet.....confidence in its ability rising as the months go by.

Next on the agenda is a trip to Sydney via Thuderbolts way. Have posted a qs re the condition of that road in another part of the forum. Would appreciate feedback

Drove to Brookvale RTA / Service Centre / whatever it is called now and missus came along. Took all the paperwork for historic car rego. Mine is a 1973.5 911T. Got it all done, took the plates outside, cable-tied them on and zoomed off.

First real drive in the new car, so took it pretty easy (plus I am not a flash driver, so didn't want to push my luck). Ran up through Beacon Hil, up Warringah road, past the new hospital and out towards Terry Hills. Down nice winding stretch of Mona Vale road and turn off at Bayview and then around to Church Point. Quite a few snicked changes into 3rd, but started getting used to it after a little while. Nice breakfast at Church Point cafe, on the deck out over the water.

Car ran beautifully, has a 3.0SC engine in the lighter 1973 body, plus MSD ignition and some SSI heat-exchanger thingy. It really wanted to go, but I couldn't see the MPH speedo through the steering wheel and past my hand, so I had to be pretty careful with my speed.

Let the missus drive back from Church Point to Manly, she snicked a few changes as well, so I was not totally embarrassed. She is probably a better driver though, she does a little rev on down changes which I am trying to work out how do.

Car had probably not been driven more than 15 minutes at a time in the last year or so, so I think it was grateful to get out and clear the cobwebs.

A really enjoyable first drive, makes me want to get out and do it all again. We went camping at Wisemans Ferry last weekend, would love to take the 911 out on that road.

Tried to upload a 370k photo but said limit was ~500k :(

Yes, Wisemans Ferry Rd or unofficial racetrack** is well known for motorcyclists, automobile drivers and the occasional hoon which then leads to the occasional police patrol.  Lovely roads and if driving spiritedly is great fun....too quick and then the occasional quirky corner and ever present threat of wildlife means greater than desired crash risk.

** from Dural - north along Old Northern Rd, left in to Cattai Ridge Rd, right in to Halcrows Rd, right on to WF Rd, right on Old Northern Rd back to Dural

Will know Thursday, car might be in the vet getting some suspension work done. :ph34r:

Let you know. 

your getting a few cars there Fraz,  without complicating things or putting you under pressure  if it's not pissing down, I wouldn't mind getting my BBC into the mix.

but fully understand if your limiting numbers.   

Lads, the car is not getting the springs fitted as hoped. So it's a green light for Sunday. I am not a big one for planning a SMT. This route is better suited to a small group anyway, if you have already put your hand up great or if you really want to tag long, let me know.

Leave Tecoma Macca's 6:30 for a 6:45 departure.

So if you would like see this Tour de Fraz to Healsville which will include the Nurburgring loop, if you don't know what that is your in for a treat. 

Looked like a half reasonable morning, so decided to take the BBC for a run down the Mornington Peninsula and in particular try out my new PS4S's on Arthurs seat.:)

Woohhooo.... They stick like shite to a blanket, sensational.:CoolDance::Jumping::wub:  

Ended up turning off the PSM cause it was bogging down a bit on a couple of the bends.   Much better..... 

Mrs NIKO, spat the dummy because apparently I put her neck out.:ph34r:

Lunched at Blairgowie, and back via the beach road.   Great day for a run.

Have to say, I am very very impressed with the new tyres.

Lads, the car is not getting the springs fitted as hoped. So it's a green light for Sunday. I am not a big one for planning a SMT. This route is better suited to a small group anyway, if you have already put your hand up great or if you really really want to come let me know.

So if you would like see this Tour de Fraz to Healsville which will include the Nurburgring loop, if you don't know what that is your in for a treat. 

I should be there all going well and weather permitting.   Thanks Fraz, looking forward to it..

Lads, the car is not getting the springs fitted as hoped. So it's a green light for Sunday. I am not a big one for planning a SMT. This route is better suited to a small group anyway, if you have already put your hand up great or if you really really want to come let me know.

hey fraz... count me in too... if ok... 

Lads, the car is not getting the springs fitted as hoped. So it's a green light for Sunday. I am not a big one for planning a SMT. This route is better suited to a small group anyway, if you have already put your hand up great or if you really want to tag long, let me know.

I'm a no can do this weekend as i'll be spending Sunday cutting down 2 massive Conifers in the new backyard so the 964 feels more at home (they take up half my useable space). 

I will hit you up for Tour D'Fraz soon mate. Enjoy!

Come on mate, we won't be long. I have to be home by 11-ish. Trees can wait.

I will post it up on GTS Routes so others can check it out. 

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/gts/australia.aspx#/menu/filter

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3qaFOHFgLI

I know mate but I've got my brother in-laws coming over at 9 to get it done. Next time sorry.