Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

On 2/11/2018 at 9:56 PM, hugh said:

Been a big weekend behind the wheel. Rd3 of the Vic Hill Climb on sat and Rd1 of the Vic supersprint today.

Heading back down to Haunted Hills for the PCV Hill climb Sunday Hugh? If so might see you there. Thinking of taking the long way there to watch the morning session.

Just now, Dalai said:

Heading back down to Haunted Hills for the PCV Hill climb Sunday Hugh? If so might see you there. Thinking of taking the long way there to watch the morning session.

No, unfortunately not. The only PCV event I'll be doing this year is the 6 hr @ Sandown. 

4 hours ago, 99TS3 said:

I had to get new tyres on the 993 today (Michelin PS2 – rears in 285/30 are impossible to get BTW ) but also had to do the first ever school drop off in the Porsche.

Everyone was very happy about that as you can see.

Porsches are one of very few sports cars that you can have great fun in and still take your kids up until their early teens comfortably (as long as they're not oversized kids :o).

When it's in their blood, they wont want to stop...........my 16 & 20 yr old girls still don't want to miss out, it's only very short drives now but they have never said no ;)

21 hours ago, 99TS3 said:

I had to get new tyres on the 993 today (Michelin PS2 – rears in 285/30 are impossible to get BTW ) but also had to do the first ever school drop off in the Porsche.

Everyone was very happy about that as you can see.

Can I ask, what seat is that you have in the back for your son? I have been hunting high and low for a seat to fit in the back of my car for my daughter and having no luck.

As I built the car with the intention of it being the car for me and her to go for drives in, not being able to do that is starting to make me loose the love for it. Almost at the point of wanting to sell.

45 minutes ago, neill said:

Can I ask, what seat is that you have in the back for your son? I have been hunting high and low for a seat to fit in the back of my car for my daughter and having no luck.

As I built the car with the intention of it being the car for me and her to go for drives in, not being able to do that is starting to make me loose the love for it. Almost at the point of wanting to sell.

Babylove from the Redcross. The seat is about 5 - 6 years old.

My recommendation would be to go to a store that has a large range of seats and pull every single one off the shelf and into your car until you find something that fits.

You just need a narrow based seat. The rest is not as important as its strapped in solid.  

I just did a quick Google and it's one of these two

http://babylove.com.au/shop/car-seats/ezy-grow-ep/

http://babylove.com.au/shop/car-seats/ezy-combo/

I can totally understand your pain. If I didn't have the baby seat the car would certainly get used a lot less.

1 hour ago, neill said:

Had planned a 964 drive on Sunday but the wheels fell off as other plans knocked our numbers out like flies. So I decided to head to Mount Baw Baw to race downhill on my bike. No Porsche but had a good time in the SRT through the very tight twisties between Noojee and Baw Baw. On the way back I latched onto the tail of the MX5 club – think I scared the hell out of the last guy as I mobbed along behind him, the V8 roaring.

Would be a good road in the P Car although it’s in pretty poor condition in a lot of places and wildlife seems to find itself on the road with alarming regularity…

3 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

Would be a good road in the P Car although it’s in pretty poor condition in a lot of places and wildlife seems to find itself on the road with alarming regularity…

Consider turning right at Icy creek and heading south if in the P car. Bit too narrow the first 6-8km (though didn't see one oncoming car yesterday) or so but opens up after that!

Actually an out and back with a stop at a nice cafe at the turn around (Raw Harvest in Newborough) would make a great SMT!

21 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Consider turning right at Icy creek and heading south if in the P car. Bit too narrow the first 6-8km (though didn't see one oncoming car yesterday) or so but opens up after that!

Actually an out and back with a stop at a nice cafe at the turn around (Raw Harvest in Newborough) would make a great SMT!

yeah I've not been that way before. The challenge between Icy Creek and Baw Baw itself is how narrow the road is. A lot of blind corners with nowhere to go when someone's coming the other direction. One of the riders on the weekend went into the embankment trying to avoid a lyrebird.

1 hour ago, Andy73 said:

yeah I've not been that way before. The challenge between Icy Creek and Baw Baw itself is how narrow the road is. A lot of blind corners with nowhere to go when someone's coming the other direction. One of the riders on the weekend went into the embankment trying to avoid a lyrebird.

When questioned by Police the liar bird denied being in the vicinity.

Also drove out through Monbulk to Launching Place then back via Gembrook early yesterday (the Gembrook Launching Place road wasn’t great coming in the reverse direction – passed quite a bit of oncoming traffic including trucks).

Stopped at the General Food store in Emerald for coffee and toast and watched a group of cars pull in including this 996 turbo and navy 964 tipper. Not seen either car before…

IMG_5303

IMG_5304

10 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

Also drove out through Monbulk to Launching Place then back via Gembrook early yesterday (the Gembrook Launching Place road wasn’t great coming in the reverse direction – passed quite a bit of oncoming traffic including trucks).

Stopped at the General Food store in Emerald for coffee and toast and watched a group of cars pull in including this 996 turbo and navy 964 tipper. Not seen either car before…

IMG_5303IMG_5304

Nice one Andy.... I definitely missed out. I'm free this weekend, you up for a repeat outing? The weather at this point looks better for Saturday - I'm ok either day. Let me know...

1 hour ago, Philbee said:

Nice one Andy.... I definitely missed out. I'm free this weekend, you up for a repeat outing? The weather at this point looks better for Saturday - I'm ok either day. Let me know...

Could be good mate. I may be heading out on the bike on the weekend which would be the one thing that could get in the way. Sunday looks a bit cooler which works for me. Will keep you posted....

1 minute ago, Peter John said:

Don’t be shy of asking more! ? That turbo doesn’t look like a turbo? Stuck a badge on the rear?

Yeah you could be right. C4S maybe. I didn't really look - had to run off in a big hurry as the Mrs was summoning me home, "Sure Darl, I'm ten minutes away..."

2 hours ago, Andy73 said:

Yeah you could be right. C4S maybe. I didn't really look - had to run off in a big hurry as the Mrs was summoning me home, "Sure Darl, I'm ten minutes away..."

I have stopped quoting as always over promise! In a porsche it’s even longer of a quote!!