Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

What a great Melbourne day.. B) 

The BBC hadn't been washed or cleaned since the 3 day jaunt around Dem Dare Hills a couple of weeks back.:angry:

So.... I gave it a good tub, and an Aquawax, Autoglymed up the tyres, and when finished and looking like a bought one...I just knew I had to go somewhere...:wub:

So......grabbed Mrs Niko, and told her to jump in and get ready for another exciting adventure with me (Australia's answer to Harrison Ford).

She could hardly contain herself...:wacko:

So......Off we went to the familiar haunt of FLINDERS with the promise of an Iced Coffee and a snot gobbler:)

(Well that was for me, she had boring sad salad stuff :Speechless: and black tea)

I had a white beemer up my clacker for some of the way, "probing me".  :blink:

So had a bit of fun with him until the handbrake in the passenger seat activated :PissedOff:and that was the end of that..:(

So..... we arrived in Flinders, along with every Harley Davidson in Melbourne, plus the R and S Valiant Club.   Some great Vals there and bikes ...if you like that sort of thing

Tried to take a snap of a couple of immaculate R series, then my phone shut down on me never to fire up again...:PissedOff:

(So a visit to APPLE first thing in the morning to swap the bloody thing once again...anyway this is not the vent thread so....)

Perfect day there, enjoyed our goodies and went home via the freeway.:CoolDance:  

Spotted a couple of Coxsters on the way back, both silver 986"s one being  RIB ??? one happy chappy on board ear plugs in, roof down enjoying his own company.:Chuckle2:

Nice black Macan Turbo.   

The roads down there need a bit of work, considering its a touristy, wineries etc, you think they would fix them up a bit, but otherwise, just loved enjoying the BBC on such a great day.:Jumping:

2 hours ago, Niko said:

What a great Melbourne day.. B) 

The BBC hadn't been washed or cleaned since the 3 day jaunt around Dem Dare Hills a couple of weeks back.:angry:

So.... I gave it a good tub, and an Aquawax, Autoglymed up the tyres, and when finished and looking like a bought one...I just knew I had to go somewhere...:wub:

So......grabbed Mrs Niko, and told her to jump in and get ready for another exciting adventure with me (Australia's answer to Harrison Ford).

She could hardly contain herself...:wacko:

So......Off we went to the familiar haunt of FLINDERS with the promise of an Iced Coffee and a snot gobbler:)

(Well that was for me, she had boring sad salad stuff :Speechless: and black tea)

I had a white beemer up my clacker for some of the way, "probing me".  :blink:

So had a bit of fun with him until the handbrake in the passenger seat activated :PissedOff:and that was the end of that..:(

So..... we arrived in Flinders, along with every Harley Davidson in Melbourne, plus the R and S Valiant Club.   Some great Vals there and bikes ...if you like that sort of thing

Tried to take a snap of a couple of immaculate R series, then my phone shut down on me never to fire up again...:PissedOff:

(So a visit to APPLE first thing in the morning to swap the bloody thing once again...anyway this is not the vent thread so....)

Perfect day there, enjoyed our goodies and went home via the freeway.:CoolDance:  

Spotted a couple of Coxsters on the way back, both silver 986"s one being  RIB ??? one happy chappy on board ear plugs in, roof down enjoying his own company.:Chuckle2:

Nice black Macan Turbo.   

The roads down there need a bit of work, considering its a touristy, wineries etc, you think they would fix them up a bit, but otherwise, just loved enjoying the BBC on such a great day.:Jumping:

Down that way in the GT4 today too Niko. We were invited to a lunch at a winery in Merricks North. Lots of traffic around on the P link so jumped off at Frankston and headed down the mooroduc Hwy which was much quieter. Just an awesome day for a drive. 

We were nearly going to co e back through Flinders as well....

Missed out on breakfast at Duttons and a looksee at PCM yesterday as “other stuff” got in the way. 

So when I woke at 6 this morning I didn’t hesitate. 

Jumped in the car and went for a run thru them there Hills. 

No one around, only two cyclists for the whole trip. 

Poached eggs @ Fraggas Cafe and an easy run back down the Black Spur home. 

Life is good ?

Almost a month since I pulled the P car out for a drive as the MX5 has been getting all the love lately and a bit of a beating around the track. 

Thought it was the perfect opportunity to dust her off as there was a German Christmas market on in Bayswater. Was quite busy but unfortunately my the P car had more German parts than items at the market. After a the quick 20 minute walk around, headed off to the Food and Wine festival in Malvern East and filled the stomachs there.

Overall was a good day out and the 996 performed flawlessly. Was really nice to have a few extra horses under the foot too. Just need to swap the road seat back from the race seat in the MX5 as getting in the stock 996 tombstone seats don't feel very supportive and I feel like I'm sitting in 4wd due to the seating height difference :lol:

Out to Joseph Chromy Vineyard in Launceston for the Essence of Effervescence luncheon by renowned chef Jacques Reynard, sponsored by Porsche Centre Hobart.  Lots of Porsche people there of course, good display of cars, but an unfortunate clash with PCT Hillclimb at Baskerville meant most of the competitive minded club members didn't venture north.  Great afternoon with our friends Keith & Sonya (GT3RS) - Keith kicking back after a solid 2nd place in Targa High Country last weekend, David & Ruth (964 backdate supercharged - although they bought the DB6 today), Matthew & Tammie (928) and Ralph & Suzie (997).

Lovely sunny 27 degrees, clear skies, roof down in the 987 :P  Boss got to drink all she wanted so I could drive home.....

Decided to "Get away from it all" and take a holiday driving up in the Victorian high country for the week.

Left home in Geelong this morning.

yb5s1Qg.jpg

By the afternoon I was on the top of Falls Creek.

OKSsqsC.jpg

Now I'm tucked at the accommodation, waiting for 4 days of driving windy mountain roads.

Tav48oi.jpg

17 minutes ago, Nick S said:

Decided to "Get away from it all" and take a holiday driving up in the Victorian high country for the week.

Left home in Geelong this morning.

yb5s1Qg.jpg

By the afternoon I was on the top of Falls Creek.

OKSsqsC.jpg

Now I'm tucked at the accommodation, waiting for 4 days of driving windy mountain roads.

Tav48oi.jpg

Great shots Nick. Very envious of your week ahead!

At the risk of further upsetting @Niko, here's an update on today's driving ;)

After poor research on routes, I ended up being on the road for 12hrs today. But when the penalty for lack of planning is getting to drive for a longer time, it's not that much of an issue!

Started by heading up and over Mt Hotham.

TmcK9yF.jpg

From Hotham to Omeo, then I went south to Bairnsdale. An absolutely cracking road which follows the Tambo River. I recommend it to anyone who is able to get to it!

Stopped on a bridge... and yes @Raven and @Airhead, I stopped just to take a picture :LOL:

Q5FBUcc.jpg

21 minutes ago, Nick S said:

At the risk of further upsetting @Niko, here's an update on today's driving ;)

After poor research on routes, I ended up being on the road for 12hrs today. But when the penalty for lack of planning is getting to drive for a longer time, it's not that much of an issue!

Started by heading up and over Mt Hotham.

TmcK9yF.jpg

From Hotham to Omeo, then I went south to Bairnsdale. An absolutely cracking road which follows the Tambo River. I recommend it to anyone who is able to get to it!

Stopped on a bridge... and yes @Raven and @Airhead, I stopped just to take a picture :LOL:

Q5FBUcc.jpg

Now you’re just showing off. 

What camera era are you using?

Nick - Great drive - we are doing some of it the first weekend of December, you are welcome to go again.

As you say it is a great drive to Bairnsdale.

The first shot in Geelong is where Hugh and I will be doing the State Hill Climb this Weekend, come and say Hi !

Cheers, Mark.

@Andy73, I've been trying to learn to use Adobe Lightroom lately, so I've been taking the photos and then adjusting them a little in Lightroom. The camera I'm using for these shots is a Sony a6000 which I borrowed from a friend for this trip.

@9fan, I did see your post about the mountain driving in the first week of December, unfortunately I can't make that one. I hope it's a good run, and I hope we see some photos from you.

I have a few plans on this weekend, but if I can make it down to the hill climb to see you and Hugh, I certainly will.

@Raven, first it was a photo under a tree, today on a bridge, tomorrow I'll have to find some other obscure place for a car photo. Perhaps next to a cow, there are plenty of those in the fields around here :)

49 minutes ago, Nick S said:

@Andy73, I've been trying to learn to use Adobe Lightroom lately, so I've been taking the photos and then adjusting them a little in Lightroom. The camera I'm using for these shots is a Sony a6000 which I borrowed from a friend for this trip.

@9fan, I did see your post about the mountain driving in the first week of December, unfortunately I can't make that one. I hope it's a good run, and I hope we see some photos from you.

I have a few plans on this weekend, but if I can make it down to the hill climb to see you and Hugh, I certainly will.

@Raven, first it was a photo under a tree, today on a bridge, tomorrow I'll have to find some other obscure place for a car photo. Perhaps next to a cow, there are plenty of those in the fields around here :)

In the next couple of years I plan to retire ,,,,,,,,,,,every one keeps asking what the hell are you going to do all day  you will go stir crazy ...........I tell them enjoy driven my Porsche every were good_mini.gif

12 hours ago, Nick S said:

Nice. Pretty impressed with the results from that Sony. 

Tonight is my last night of my "spectacular driving roads tour" :(

But today was a cracker. Started with a quick photo across the valley from Mt Bogong.

fgmUOyg.jpg

Went north to Tallangatta, then south through the Mitta Mitta valley to Omeo. What a road! I found my new favorite road sign on this stretch of road...

Bd3tJ8N.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Last night, after dinner I quietly slipped out to the garage, warmed up the engine, reversed out of the driveway and took off for a quick sunset spin. It’s amazing how sometimes, all it takes is 20 minutes – a tight corner here, flat out acceleration there, dispatching of a chicane or two and I’m done – grinning from ear to ear.

As I’ve heard said, driving an old 911 is always an event. Oh and if there’s time to stop and grab a quick snap, even better!

Porsche 964

20 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

Last night, after dinner I quietly slipped out to the garage, warmed up the engine, reversed out of the driveway and took off for a quick sunset spin. It’s amazing how sometimes, all it takes is 20 minutes – a tight corner here, flat out acceleration there, dispatching of a chicane or two and I’m done – grinning from ear to ear.

As I’ve heard said, driving an old 911 is always an event. Oh and if there’s time to stop and grab a quick snap, even better!

I think I may have caught a glimpse of you refuelling at BP on North Rd..............:ph34r:

Can't be that many nice 964's around in that colour with those wheels?

3 minutes ago, Stepo said:

I think I may have caught a glimpse of you refuelling at BP on North Rd..............:ph34r:

Can't be that many nice 964's around in that colour with those wheels?

Must have been someone else out doing the same thing as me. I hit Wellington Road but didn't get as far west as North Road.