Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

8 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

I won’t love old cars anymore ...

Maybe I'll help you out - take a few off your hands - do you a favour.

Speaking of old cars - I had the 930 decide to stop dead on the freeway back from Phillip Island a month or so ago. Cuts out, coasts, fires up, drive along happily, cuts out, coasts, fires up, drive a bit more...repeat another 2-3 times then stop dead.

All the right noises still - lots of cranking - nothing. So I took the wait and see approach. 10 mins rest and she fires up with a big black cloud. No issues since. Could have been worse - was at Wilson's Prom the day before.

Then the other day after I 'fixed' the '73 S, driving through Kew Junction at peak hour - stops dead. Navigate through bumper to bumper traffic under hazards to a bus stop. Randomly poke at things under the lid. Fires up and off she goes - no problems since.

I do still love old cars

(maybe I have no choice - can't afford a modern one)

Perfect Melbourne day.....Had the urge to have the best fish and chips in Victoria.

So we did aa nice 430K all round trip to Port Albert and home.

The Croc was faultless once again.   Killed a zillion white butterflys, so a good clean up job coming up.

2018 05-02 Port Albert and surrounds2018 05-02 Port Albert and surrounds2018 05-02 Port Albert and surrounds

3 minutes ago, KG said:

@Niko they must be some damn good fish and chips. Agreed, I had mine put this morning also, gotta take these Melbourne days when you can :-)

Mate......They are sensational, their fish and chips are well known and well worth the trip.  

Plus, you can sit out on the tables next to the water to rip into them.   And on a day like today...Just perfect.

(plus it's a great excuse to get the porkers out and go for a drive)

After last weeks cruise and a relaxing coffee with @Fraz and friends at the barn owl cafe in silvan, felt like a Sunday morning drive again so aimed the car at the Dandenongs and whizzed over to tecoma and through to gembrook... and was even respectful to cyclists and the locals. 

5 1/2 hour / 420km drive from Launceston to Hobart (via Mud Walls and Richmond) and return via Midland Highway.  Getting to like the 996.2 as a cruiser I must admit.  However, worst part was the international student that rolled back into me while waiting at some uphill traffic lights.  Didn't think there was any damage apart form bent number plate and destroyed Autohaus cover, but in a different light, you could see paint had cracked quite badly from where the plastic deformed and then popped out.  :(:angry:  Luckliy I took a photo of her plate so I can refer to insurance company....

For those of you that know a little bit of Tassie's roads - yesterday Launceston to Orford (lower East Coast) via Lake leake Hwy, then back today :D  down and back for a PCT BBQ lunchtime today, stayed last night at a B&B called Orford Sanda House.  Lovely place, and to give a Porsche connection, a previous owner used to do a few Porsche repairs, I was shown the clutch plate welded to a pole in the workshop which was apparently part of the process for aligning clutch plates etc..

And I think i'm starting to fall in love with my 996.2......  Wife didn't even (really) complain about the spirited driving over Lake Leake........ B)

On 05/02/2018 at 11:57 AM, Andy73 said:

You win this thread.

I was going to say the same thing. 

I can only imagine how good it would be to drive a 911 at speed across the top of Mt Panorama. Watching the Group S races live stream was awesome, and the leaders in the 911's were flying! So good to watch and hear

Well not a Porsche drive today but my 13 yo daughter competed in here first Motorkhana today. Both exciting and scary sitting in the passengers seat. Peeled 17 seconds of by end of day on the fast long track. Couple of excursions through the finish garage. Luckily we practiced ? STOP and what this means. She was wrapped with the day. ? Phew