Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Come on mate, we won't be long. I have to be home by 11-ish. Trees can wait.

I will post it up on GTS Routes so others can check it out. 

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/gts/australia.aspx#/menu/filter

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3qaFOHFgLI

Sorry @Fraz cannot come now as wife has something else planned (unfortunately), so I am out.  See you at the next one.

Come on mate, we won't be long. I have to be home by 11-ish. Trees can wait.

I will post it up on GTS Routes so others can check it out. 

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/gts/australia.aspx#/menu/filter

sorry but I have to drop out... :wacko:

hope there's a next time, keen to experience "the loop"

Well, I woke at 0500hrs, peaked out the back door...Hmmm looks sorta... "ok"  out there.:Confused02:

Showered and starting to dress and down it comes......Damn.   

Well I was up so I may as well take the chance to go and meet anyone else doing the FRAZ RUN.   

Got to SMACCAS at TECOMA, and met Fraz.

Then the boys started rolling in....In the end, we had six starters, in what looked like being a wet run.:mellow:

0645 We hit the road.   Fraz leading the way in Symsy's beautiful Granite Green Targa.

It rained and drizzled virtually the entire morning, but we still got a bit of reasonable driving in, plus it was good to drive in trying conditions ...sorta:wacko:

Great run in the end, and would be sensational on a nice dry day.   Good thing was there was bugger all traffic or pushies on the road.

Couldn't believe how Fraz screwed the ring out of that Targa.:ph34r:

IMG_2967

Cars left to right.......Fraz,      Rocco,      PK,     yours truly,     Luke,      Trev

IMG_2971

Ended up at Healsville for a coffee/breakfast and a good chin wag.

Thanks for organising Fraz

P.S.  only joking about your car having the ring screwed out of it Symsy:P

The rain was about all the ranges, took a quick spurt at daybreak for breaky through St Andrews, Flowerdale, The Highlands and down into Yea and back, lotsa fun and F all traffic. Follows on from the ride with the boys to the MotoGP yesterday with 1000 bikes, and now a nice day on the couch with a full day of recorded practices, qualifyings and the moto races - same with F1. Be interesting to see how well Brendan Hartley goes in the F1 in that underpowered car, finishing anywhere around 10 11 12 would be a tremendous result for him after a reasonable qualifying all things considered

Love a spontaneous drive. Lately I have done two drives around Melbourne in the SC. Just cruising the taking it all in, late night, one solo one last night with a mate to get coffee. 

How often do you guys head to the hills? Last smt was great can't wait to sneak out that way again soon.

Just keep an eye on the various posts, mainly the SMT thread, and just jump on board anyone who is advertising.

This one this morning snuck under the radar a bit because it was posted unintentionally in the wrong thread.

Well, I woke at 0500hrs, peaked out the back door...Hmmm looks sorta... "ok"  out there.:Confused02:

Showered and starting to dress and down it comes......Damn.   

Well I was up so I may as well take the chance to go and meet anyone else doing the FRAZ RUN.   

Got to SMACCAS at TECOMA, and met Fraz.

Then the boys started rolling in....In the end, we had six starters, in what looked like being a wet run.:mellow:

0645 We hit the road.   Fraz leading the way in Symsy's beautiful Granite Green Targa.

It rained and drizzled virtually the entire morning, but we still got a bit of reasonable driving in, plus it was good to drive in trying conditions ...sorta:wacko:

Great run in the end, and would be sensational on a nice dry day.   Good thing was there was bugger all traffic or pushies on the road.

Couldn't believe how Fraz screwed the ring out of that Targa.:ph34r:

IMG_2967

Cars left to right.......Fraz,      Rocco,      PK,     yours truly,     Luke,      Trev

IMG_2971

Ended up at Healsville for a coffee/breakfast and a good chin wag.

Thanks for organising Fraz

P.S.  only joking about your car having the ring screwed out of it Symsy:P

Drove through Healesville in the Jeep this morning on my way to Narbethong for a spot of MTB. Snuck a sideways glance down that side street and saw everyone parked there. Kicked myself for agreeing to ride the bike rather than join the fray in my car. FOMO is real when there’s a drive on and you miss it. 

Just got back from 5 weeks OS Friday morning, so felt like going out in the car this morning for breakfast... 320km later included breakfast in Marysville after a Reefton out and back with quick side jaunt up to Lake Mountain. Some dampness and a fair amount of leaf litter on the Reefton made for some interesting moments! Actually a nice morning considering the forecast.

One 996 GT3 heading up as I was on the way home. Gave a wave but they may have been focused on the driving - not sure if reciprocated.

Just got back from 5 weeks OS Friday morning, so felt like going out in the car this morning for breakfast... 320km later included breakfast in Marysville after a Reefton out and back with quick side jaunt up to Lake Mountain. Some dampness and a fair amount of leaf litter on the Reefton made for some interesting moments! Actually a nice morning considering the forecast.

One 996 GT3 heading up as I was on the way home. Gave a wave but they may have been focused on the driving - not sure if reciprocated.

to head out early tomorrow that is the question- I reckon could be nice conditions bar the potential delays with the cycling event 

Went for breakfast with Mrs philbee this morning, took a wrong turn at Brighton and ended up in the dandenongs :rolleyes: ... Whizzed along a few roads, woke a lazy wombat or 2 and stopped at gembrooke for some country eggs on toast! The "launching place" sign was just up ahead...  "next 28kms"with a squiggly arrow! Alas, I turned back..... :huh:

Had a quick blast through the local hills first thing saturday. Passed @Higgo going very slowly in the opposite direction through some twisties. To be fair, he was on a push bike! 

Love living close to the hills! Then had a quick spin around the local industrial estates in the arvo.

IMG_3703

IMG_3737

Had a quick blast through the local hills first thing saturday. Passed @Higgo going very slowly in the opposite direction through some twisties. To be fair, he was on a push bike! 

Love living close to the hills! Then had a quick spin around the local industrial estates in the arvo.

IMG_3703

IMG_3737

This car makes me weak in the knees!

IMG_3703

IMG_3737

Cool pic. Back guard focused and the rest a bit fuzzy. Trick lens or a good snapper? :rolleyes:

Ah yes the old depth of field.  The Pentax 200mm telephoto lens on a close up shot had a great narrow depth of field with the old Pentax MX but now just flick the dial to portrait and the digital camera does all the work.  Gosh how much money did we used to spend on 24 shot 35mm kodak colour film and developing in the old days?

Cool pic. Back guard focused and the rest a bit fuzzy. Trick lens or a good snapper? :rolleyes:

Just a bit of iPhone / Instagram trickery!

Ah yes the old depth of field.  The Pentax 200mm telephoto lens on a close up shot had a great narrow depth of field with the old Pentax MX but now just flick the dial to portrait and the digital camera does all the work.  Gosh how much money did we used to spend on 24 shot 35mm kodak colour film and developing in the old days?

Was looking at some of the shots from my old Pentx SLR yesterday and those lenses on that camera really did get a beautiful result. I will get a DSLR at some stage.