Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

10 minutes ago, Peter John said:

I have stopped quoting as always over promise! In a porsche it’s even longer of a quote!!

While i may have slightly under represented the amount of time required to make the trip, it was road close closure near Cardnina damn and the subsequent detour from whence I came via Clematis then Belgrave that blew my timing out of the water!

The monthly coffee and cars; took the amphibian this time.

ewJjyO0.jpg

A few really interesting old cars I hadn't seen in the flesh before (even though Tassy is a small place). Well I have seen this car in passing ; one old guy said he'd give his left nut for it (and that the nut wasn't getting much use anyway!). What are these worth now? Coupla mill??

1938 Alfa Romeo 6C 2300 Mille Miglia spider. Targa Tas car.

M9vFmOK.jpg

KVJL8SS.jpg

Proving there's always some bastard who has a car you can't have +/- afford!

I'm a bit partial to the early 70,s Galant in the background.;)

( I think they were called (Mitsubushi) COLT/GALANTS)

although wheels/ hub caps look a bit ordinary.:mellow:

your frog is colour coordinated ...:P And looking good.

They were called a galant in oz - predecessor to the sigma.  Super rare now , and I don’t recall If Australia ever got the two door or not.  Years and years since I have seen one on the road.  There was a red one with vinyl roof in the family somewhere along the line.

There is a always a mix of hits from the 20s through to the 80s at this gathering. No-one goes home disappointed. And usually one gets tapped on the shoulder about some barn or another ;) Being a little Fiat biased of late , this little '51  "mouse" aka Topolino was a happy sight. You don't see a mouse and a frog on the same lawn very often.

mjtz9DW.jpg

2 hours ago, Coastr said:

They were called a galant in oz - predecessor to the sigma.  Super rare now , and I don’t recall If Australia ever got the two door or not.  Years and years since I have seen one on the road.  There was a red one with vinyl roof in the family somewhere along the line.

Your right, about Galant, a mate I used to race Datsun"s 1600'S with at Wanneroo got hold of one back in 1974ish, it was a two door with the big mirrors on the front guards.   I will see if I can find a photo of it.   Loved them then and love them now.

2 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Differences between a Chrysler Galant and a MItsi Galant? None??

Originally just plated under the Mitsubishi mother company, early in the piece, then eventually across to Chrysler, but as far as I know no difference, same car.

1 minute ago, Niko said:

Originally just plated under the Mitsubishi mother company, early in the piece, then eventually across to Chrysler, but as far as I know no difference, same car.

Always had a good knowledge of 60's - 80's cars in Australia - Thought the Chrysler one may have been made for import or something like that. 

• 2 weeks later...

A little cruise in the Coxster to the carwash for a quick conditioner and rinse ... very nice white 991 with a very angry exhaust tried for a bit of a spurt race but I declined to even engage considering big big police setup behind us outside Ringwood station  -- talk about a middleweight trying to trade punches with a lightweight!!

Just a short jaunt from Melbourne  (after getting off the boat from Tassie ) to ballarat and then on to lucindale (just over SA border), back to Melb on monday.  Car stays in Melb with Mrs til thursday evening when i fly back, and then on to lake macquarie,  hunter valley and back to melb  via country nsw and vic to get on boat friday after.  Will bring me up to around 10,000kms in the new car (around 10% of the total mileage of a 16 year old car in 4 months!!!!)

On 04/03/2018 at 2:02 PM, Niko said:

I'm a bit partial to the early 70,s Galant in the background.;)

( I think they were called (Mitsubushi) COLT/GALANTS)

although wheels/ hub caps look a bit ordinary.:mellow:

your frog is colour coordinated ...:P And looking good.

I had one of them Chrysler Galants (4 door) when I were about 22... 

It was really just as a back up to my motorbike.

Was a funny car. I bought it for $250, drove it for about a year, only ever added oil (no need to change it, it did that by slowly draining or burning it itself) and then sold it for....$250! 

Cheapest motoring I’ve ever had! 

1 hour ago, TrevMcRev said:

I had one of them Chrysler Galants (4 door) when I were about 22... 

It was really just as a back up to my motorbike.

Was a funny car. I bought it for $250, drove it for about a year, only ever added oil (no need to change it, it did that by slowly draining or burning it itself) and then sold it for....$250! 

Cheapest motoring I’ve ever had! 

IMG_0488

This was my mates, Galant I mentioned in an earlier post.   This was the best picture he could find.

It was actually known as a Galant GTO two door.  Bits and pieces of his Wannerro 1600 Datto in the back ground 

Caught up with Chris and David this morning.   Went for a sedate drive down to Mornington under overcast skies, for a lovely brekky and chat.

I have to say I felt like the red headed, gap toothed, step son amongst this company.

David's brand spanker GT3 has about 500k on it from when he picked it up a cou-le of weeks ago.

Sitting behind it on the way down was an awesome sight.   It is a stand out car without being a stand out...if that makes sense

Chris's GT4 looking immaculate as normal after both of us had a terrible time trying to remove road grime from the recent 3 day in the mountains. 

IMG_3949IMG_3934IMG_3947IMG_3939IMG_3940IMG_3941

Do you think I never got a bit of rear spoiler envy...:(

IMG_3945

Rotors on the GT3 are bigger than a Toyota Yaris's wheels.   

IMG_3955

Then it was time to head off before the threatening skies opened up.

52 minutes ago, Niko said:

Caught up with Chris and David this morning.   Went for a sedate drive down to Mornington under overcast skies, for a lovely brekky and chat.

I have to say I felt like the red headed, gap toothed, step son amongst this company.

David's brand spanker GT3 has about 500k on it from when he picked it up a cou-le of weeks ago.

Sitting behind it on the way down was an awesome sight.   It is a stand out car without being a stand out...if that makes sense

Chris's GT4 looking immaculate as normal after both of us had a terrible time trying to remove road grime from the recent 3 day in the mountains. 

IMG_3949IMG_3934IMG_3947IMG_3939IMG_3940IMG_3941

Do you think I never got a bit of rear spoiler envy...:(

IMG_3945

Rotors on the GT3 are bigger than a Toyota Yaris's wheels.   

IMG_3955

Then it was time to head off before the threatening skies opened up.

I Keep telling you blokes Mr. Sheen laughed his little bespectacled head off at the Mt. Hotham Road slime.