Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

2 hours ago, jakroo said:

Look out for Dreamr..... He will give you lovely tea and biscuits but beware that he could show you his magazine collection and you'll be there for hours. 

Of course,  there's a few cars and trucks to look at as well.   He's part of a great family and a genuinely nice guy. 

You could do worse than calling in and saying hello.

Also,  don't forget Tingy is up that way as well. 

Thanks ...... I think .. :unsure:   :LOL:

No problemo, I like people to know that you're a nice guy, your wife makes a good cuppa,  your boys are great,  and also it's important for them to be aware that when you beckon to them into a room and say 'come and see my magazine collection', that's exactly what they'll see and have nothing to fear :D (although the stacked height of the boxes is a worry) 

Sorry @dreamr we're here already, heading over to Hunter Valley tomorrow for a couple of days, before heading south.  If we end up going back down fwy we'll yell out.  Otherwise, @TINGY944 is there anyone in the area you'd recommend to check out and reset some error codes that have popped up?  Pretty sure they are the usual cam/valve timing ones we've had before but would prefer to get them checked out.  Perfect run into sydney, sitting at 110 per GPS for hours on end pretty much the whole way north, hit the crawling traffic just at the start of the toll way and car started running rough and the check engine light came on.  Again running perfectly once we cleared Sydney so don't think it is a problem. 

2 hours ago, TINGY944 said:

@TINGY944, thanks for that. Will speak to my mechanic monday morning and see what he thinks i should do.  Staying at grand mercure vintage for 3 nights

5 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Sorry @dreamr we're here already, heading over to Hunter Valley tomorrow for a couple of days, before heading south.

Don't want to disappoint you, but if are in Lake Macquarie then are already there.

12 hours ago, KG said:

Early morning start yesterday to meet up with the Geelong run to Lorne... (Thanks @polorot for the invite)

XooOGPr.jpg

After admiring the local cars on show, I headed down to Apollo bay. Making the most of this sensational Victorian weather we've been blessed with...

What a photo!

Thursday Morning Targa - Romantic drive for 2 (me and car)

Out the door at 0600hrs, coffee at cafe in Templestowe 0630hrs, off to Lilydale, Reefton, Marysville, then car washed, and all back to a late start at work @1100hrs.

Bit of crap on the road up top, but a very pleasurable morning. These cars drive so good!

Temp got right down to around 10degree up there, then in Healesville almost hit 30, then right back down again! Most of the time, if not all, with sunroof open and windows down to hear the music of the flat6!

How was your morning?! ?

cb526e2b736bbc6cdc8ab4f121c21259.jpg

50d1903d2481a37be87788c305c72ea6.jpg

a79dd7de0c87e8d622c359bd478538d9.jpg

9dd2098e7b9d3122b6e56c4da1494f5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Peter John said:

Out the door at 0600hrs, coffee at cafe in Templestowe 0630hrs, off to Lilydale, Reefton, Marysville, then car washed, and all back to a late start at work @1100hrs.

Bit of crap on the road up top, but a very pleasurable morning. These cars drive so good!

Temp got right down to around 10degree up there, then in Healesville almost hit 30, then right back down again! Most of the time, if not all, with sunroof open and windows down to hear the music of the flat6!

How was your morning?! ?

cb526e2b736bbc6cdc8ab4f121c21259.jpg

50d1903d2481a37be87788c305c72ea6.jpg

a79dd7de0c87e8d622c359bd478538d9.jpg

9dd2098e7b9d3122b6e56c4da1494f5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You bloody legend mate! Great stuff. 

17 hours ago, Peter John said:

I love a cheeky 'let's play hooky' and go for a pre-work, early morning blast! 

Not just today, but our return trip to Tassie has gone as follows:

Wednesday Hunter Valley to Sydney.  Change of plans to enable me to attend Autohaus Hamilton's water cooled night in the evening.  Thanks Grant and the boys for an informative evening, and a great chance to mingle with other P owners.  Got to check out @turboT OUTLW great looking bit of kit ☺

Thursday earlyish start, down the Hume, checked out some stuff at the Dog on the Tuckerbox at Gundagai, and on to Wagga for lunch, before continuing on to Echuca.  Long day topped off by a great meal at Antonio's.  Car covered with bugs as we got in after dark.

Today on to Maryborough to catch up with no 1 daughter for lunch, then on to drop Mrs off to no 2 daughter's place at Maribynong, face the chaos of Melbourne traffic to catch up with a client at Brighton and now waiting for the Spirit to leave for Tassie, along with a heap of Targa Tas competitors.

Interesting observation was that on out whole trip that started Easter across to SA border, then up to Hunter Valley and back, I did not see another 9 series Porsche "in the wild", and only saw 4 or 5 Cayennes and Macans (mainly around Brighton this afternoon!!!).  Saw a number of other exotics (McLaren, Maserati, Cobra etc) though.

So this will finish a close to 5000 kms road trip.  Averaged probably 9L / 100kms, ran like clock work except for my check engine light and rough idling once we hit stop start sydney traffic on the way up.  The boys at Autohaus confirmed it was the same codes we'd had before with the variocam sensors sticking, so we'll be doing another oil flush next oil change (pretty soon as I'm going to have a 5000km oil change regime). 

So that is now 11000kms in 4 1/2 months. I think I'll publically declare I'm now in love with the 996.2???? despite earlier misgivings.....

From Brisbane to Canberra. 1250 km in one day with the little cayman champion. 1100 km on one tank. Was a bit of a worry once I got south of Sydney and it got dark and the wombat signs come into prominence. It doesn’t bare thinking what a wombat impact would result in! Safely made it to the new home town. 

2 hours ago, Allan 968 said:

@thumperson you must have been driving slowly to get that much out of the tank, not like I have seen it fly on some drives.

Will miss you up here in Brisvegas.

Thanks Al as we will miss the brissy crew. Speed limit all the way mate. Too many cameras and point to points to risk playing up. Now I just need to seek out my new southern brothers and get in to them there hills down here. 

On the up side you have a place to stay if you feel the need to unleash you beast on some alpine fun.