The Yellow Peril - my new (to me) 996

Jason E

9 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Solum res Jason, solum res...

Man, you got me with this one.  I even googled it & came up dry.  Solum is bottom, ground, floor, soil or land & Res is Thing.  Explain to me like I'm Stultus please 😀......

31 minutes ago, Jason E said:

Et tu FishCop, et tu ................

New Plates today.plates.thumb.jpg.7c25616fe264e30f4aca895aac4d707b.jpg 

On point here Jason, the car looks fantastic and I dig that rear wing, if you remove it and don't want it I will have first dibs please.

Black wheels would look good on this car but not those wheels, imo these wheels look the best the way they left the BBS factory. Some subtle black touches would look nice if you decide to go this way and congrats on the purchase it really does look great.

32 minutes ago, Jason E said:

Man, you got me with this one.  I even googled it & came up dry.  Solum is bottom, ground, floor, soil or land & Res is Thing.  Explain to me like I'm Stultus please 😀......

Base fact...

In a former life I used to sign off with "Dic mihi solum facta, domina" .  If you're as old as me, you might have watched re-runs of Dragnet ;)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

7 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Base fact...

In a former life I used to sign off with "Dic mihi solum facta, domina" .  If you're as old as me, you might have watched re-runs of Dragnet ;)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

@Fishcop    Now I do "know" of the show Dragnet though I've never watched it.  Might've been just before my time though I turn the big Five O this year (see what I did there?). 

You sound like you where more dedicated than me.  I used to sign off my Generals shifts with the standard, "VKR, 210, please show me off shift at Station, Goodnight". 

Though in my head I was saying, "VKR, 210, thank fuck that shits over, you can pass all the shit jobs looking after societies spoons to someone else for 16 hours till I'm back to ride the Bull tomorrow".  I'm still Jaded nearly 10 years after hanging up my uniform spurs as it were..........TJF.

I sound grumpy even to me😑😀.

3 minutes ago, Jason E said:

@Fishcop    Now I do "know" of the show Dragnet though I've never watched it.  Might've been just before my time though I turn the big Five O this year (see what I did there?). 

You sound like you where more dedicated than me.  I used to sign off my Generals shifts with the standard, "VKR, 210, please show me off shift at Station, Goodnight". 

Though in my head I was saying, "VKR, 210, thank fuck that shits over, you can pass all the shit jobs looking after societies spoons to someone else for 16 hours till I'm back to ride the Bull tomorrow".  I'm still Jaded nearly 10 years after hanging up my uniform spurs as it were..........TJF.

I sound grumpy even to me😑😀.

It was "VKC, Russell Street 211 - show me code 6, please don't call me again" :D

I nearly got TJF-911 as a plate - but was frightened it may trigger me.

17 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Grab it, that's too cheap.  I paid $400 or so for the yellow Autoart 996.1 GT3 (ssshh, don;t tell my wife.......).  The Autoart yellow is pretty close to actual speed yellow too....

Sorry but that looks crap Lee.

I've had a yellow Ducati sports bike and a yellow Ducati super bike both with silver/light grey wheels as standard....look awesome.  My yellow Evo has silver/light grey wheels as standard and this too looks awesome.

Matt black tyre, silver outer rim and gloss black spokes - yawn. 

16 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Just saw this colour rim onsite that could be a consideration Jason

Edit: Ugh! Kinda looks brown in the pic, but it does look metallic

Hey, dare to be different and go Mission Brown! 👍

20210203-122242.jpg

for some reason the image isn't opening Lee.