Luftwasser - Classic Porsche Australia

I must have missed something....I thought if it wasn't air cooled you were supposed to stay home....apart from 996"s (how's that work????)

Great to see some modern stuff in the mix though....and sounds like everyone had a great time, and that's all that matters in the end....

Nice shots Mark..

1 hour ago, Niko said:

I must have missed something....I thought if it wasn't air cooled you were supposed to stay home....apart from 996"s (how's that work????)

Great to see some modern stuff in the mix though....and sounds like everyone had a great time, and that's all that matters in the end....

Nice shots Mark..

That is why they changed the name from Luft, to Luftwasser. Luft = Air, Wasser = Water. It was open to all Porsche sports cars ( so basically anything with 2 doors). It was an amazing event. Such a fantastic few days with some great cars and a bunch of great people.

16 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Porsche has officially determined the 996 to be a 'classic' ;)

sooo......986 Boxsters...also classics. ??????????   Just asking for someone else....:ph34r:

would they have been welcome too?:ConfusedGeek:

17 hours ago, MFX said:

That is why they changed the name from Luft, to Luftwasser. Luft = Air, Wasser = Water. It was open to all Porsche sports cars ( so basically anything with 2 doors). It was an amazing event. Such a fantastic few days with some great cars and a bunch of great people.

Hmmmm....that doesn't explain the presence of the Taycan though...

I Here talk that Sal, Stew et al, are relaxing the rules a little next year, to allow the smart roadster to run on the track in a non-competitive  demonstration class.

I think it was to do with a protest made on the Sunday track day about an aged Fanta orange Coloured BMW

18 minutes ago, MFX said:

I think there was also talk of some Black 996 going off on the sighting lap 🤣

1st corner recce lap . #dickwad 

organising a group buy for R-spec sphincters . Flavio put his name down for 3 . if anyone else keen 4 sets still avail 

9 hours ago, Niko said:

sooo......986 Boxsters...also classics. ??????????   Just asking for someone else....:ph34r:

would they have been welcome too?:ConfusedGeek:

Heaps of Boxrods present...

Porsche's "classic" definition simply means they're discounting the servicing, parts and consumables for earlier cars.  I suspect it's because they realised they missed the opportunity to retain early customers in the 70/80/90s with the marque's indifference to customers once a sale was made.  Unfortunately I think it is only Melbourne and Willoughby dealerships whom actively seek out the earlier cars and retain experienced techs originally trained on the earlier cars.

7 hours ago, AD911S said:

In SA  A motor vehicle is a historic vehicle, if 30 years or more have elapsed since 1 January of the year in which the vehicle was manufactured. 

I was close 😁👍

4 hours ago, michel said:

1st corner recce lap . #dickwad 

Good effort 😂😂👏👏👏

On 10/03/2021 at 15:14, Niko said:

Nice shots Mark..

Not my photos, just uploaded a youtube from the event.