Australian Delivered 1987-1989 G50 911 Delivery Numbers

Renewed with Shannons in March, original 1985 Aust 3.2 coupe, black on black, agreed max of $180k, albeit with a bit of negotiation.

What shits me with insurance is the variability offered by the same company for similar cars, always worth pushing your case.

Not havin a go , But that's just to much dough for a car like that, Personally  I do  not think that they are that good of a drive , ready for the dartboard  ;).

Not referring to your car @stepo but the bitsza with the high ks at Cts ,I think that particular evening a large amount of Vodka was consumed,  And forgot the golden rule ,No keyboard while pushing the limits of Booze ;)

9 hours ago, tomo said:

Not havin a go , But that's just to much dough for a car like that, Personally  I do  not think that they are that good of a drive , ready for the dartboard  ;)

Point taken but your view is only a tiny microcosm of the overall market....

12 hours ago, tomo said:

Not havin a go , But that's just to much dough for a car like that, Personally  I do  not think that they are that good of a drive , ready for the dartboard  ;)

they

I'll think you will find there are cars for a 10th of the price that will drive better. Early 911s especially turbos aren't exactly renowned for handling and being that good of a drive. 

That alone has very very little to do with pricing. I found a Testarossa to be one of the least enjoyable classics to drive, in my opinion. You also have Nissan skylines fetching $500k. Are they $500k good of a drive? 

If you want a good drive in correct proportion to value, why not sell up and buy an MX5, or something similar and keep the change? 

This non G50 marone one at porschaden has sold. Hasn't been listed for too long either. Relatively higher kms to the ones posted above. Red on Red, which I'm sure would not be a sought after combination. Apply even a $20,000 discount to advertised price making it $160,000 (worst case). Quite a few have changed hands at over $200,000 including one of mine. Albeit a G50, it wasn't a 'mint car' either. 

Screenshot_20220814-175528_Carsales.jpg

On 14/08/2022 at 12:49, mrar said:

First ones (75) are listed in book at 1140 kg, first 3.3 1300kg.

3.3 had larger clutch assembly so bellhousing was extended to accommodate.  This shifted more weight to the rear.

I had a pic but can't find it with early/late boxes side by side, these other images are best I could come up with. 

20220814_103615.jpg

20220814_103456.jpg

Excellent article in 000 magazine #13 about the Australian 3.0 Turbo #80, which says exactly the same thing 

jr

On 14/08/2022 at 18:01, wangan said:

This non G50 marone one at porschaden has sold. Hasn't been listed for too long either. Relatively higher kms to the ones posted above. Red on Red, which I'm sure would not be a sought after combination. Apply even a $20,000 discount to advertised price making it $160,000 (worst case). Quite a few have changed hands at over $200,000 including one of mine. Albeit a G50, it wasn't a 'mint car' either. 

Screenshot_20220814-175528_Carsales.jpg

There’s a dealership on the Goldie advertising a U.K. delivered 88 Targa, with 125k. miles on it for $189k. Looks very tidy, black, cream sports seats, reads like a relatively fresh import but that could just be the way it’s worded. Saw it on one of the Porsche facetube groups.

$189k for a U.K. G50 Targa is strong money.

16 hours ago, Mike-S said:

There’s a dealership on the Goldie advertising a U.K. delivered 88 Targa, with 125k. miles on it for $189k. Looks very tidy, black, cream sports seats, reads like a relatively fresh import but that could just be the way it’s worded. Saw it on one of the Porsche facetube groups.

$189k for a U.K. G50 Targa is strong money.

Agreed.

Thanks for all of the responses on G50 insurance values. 

Noticed this one listed today. Advertised as '87 but it's an '86 with a 915 transmission. Strong ask as well @ $190K with close to 300,000km's on it!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1987-porsche-911-carrera-manual/OAG-AD-20987516/?Cr=2

24 minutes ago, Diamond911 said:

Agreed.

Noticed this one listed today. Advertised as '87 but it's an '86 with a 915 transmission. Strong ask as well @ $190K with close to 300,000km's on it!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1987-porsche-911-carrera-manual/OAG-AD-20987516/?Cr=2

I saw that one. Prussian blue. I remember it coming up for sale when I was looking. Could have had it for right on 100k, just over 12 months ago. 

On 16/08/2022 at 15:32, Diamond911 said:

Agreed.

Until another G50 coupe pops on carsales, will be hard to guess the value. 

It’ll certainly be interesting to see what the next advertised one goes up for, seems to me that many change hands off market though so it’s hard to tell real value.

I must admit though, I’m about to head to the U.K. for a month and when I get back I’m coming round to the idea of preparing my 87 for selling, just in time for someone to enjoy the summer with it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, wangan said:

.... Maybe a fair bit of interest? 

Interesting to see how it goes. 

Or just a ploy to reappear in everyone's notification emails?

Yes, I hope he gets his asking price too!

Nice looking but stupid low, you would want to inspect the front spoiler, nudge bar & condenser, tank and floor pan for damage.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Diamond911 said:

'87 Carrera Aust Delivered Cassis Red just listed at $170K.  High km's but engine rebuilt.

1987 Porsche 911 Carrera Manual (carsales.com.au)

Funny they have taken on another 3.2 when they haven't sold this one yet:  1984 Porsche 911 Carrera Manual (carsales.com.au)

The $20,000 reduction along with a heap of other air cools hanging around confirms a softening market.

5 hours ago, Diamond911 said:

'87 Carrera Aust Delivered Cassis Red just listed at $170K.  High km's but engine rebuilt.

1987 Porsche 911 Carrera Manual (carsales.com.au)

Very nice colour. Just a bit overdone with the wine red interior. I think a white interior with maybe red dash would be more suitable. 

Looks pretty decent from far. 

Black steering wheel and mismatched paint on a few panels are the only things that stand out. 

Photos don't do that colour justice though. Didn't look like cassis red when I saw the first photo. 

• 3 months later...