Politicians...if only. Then I'd have justification to start taking shots.    

vent part 2:

These flying wind bags head towards the city from my place, flying low over Richmond and the Monash freeway.  This induces mass rubberneckism from all the lemmings who slow down to stare in wonderment..  Surely there are rules about where these things can be flown!

Edited by Harvs11

Politicians...if only. Then I'd have justification to start taking shots.    

vent part 2:

These flying wind bags head towards the city from my place, flying low over Richmond and the Monash freeway.  This induces mass rubberneckism from all the lemmings who slow down to stare in wonderment..  Surely there are rules about where these things can be flown!

Harvs, I have same issues with them, they fly way too low over our place too (seems like we must be in similar areas). I never thought I would have an issue with a hot air balloon, maybe I am getting old and grumpy!?

Not to mention how many time they (crash) land in random and inappropriate locations (including the oval of our kids primary school as all the kids where arriving to school!) and never seem to be investigated as any other "aircraft" would be.

They have regulations for Drones (and rightly so) maybe they should start looking at bringing in some serious regulations for those things.   

Maybe I am sounding like the fun police there though.    

<rant>

My turn.

Just had to renew my registration on my family wagon which is now driven by my nearly 18yo on P Plates.

In NSW, we have to purchase our own CTP (for Vic people, this is the TAC charge) and then pay for Rego.

Standard CTP for an over 25 driver with no demerit points is around $350.    

The first part of my rant is if you have demerit points.  The clause asks if any driver has had any demerit points in the last 40 months.    FORTY BLOODY MONTHS.    Who can recall that if a fine was "exactly" 41 months ago, or 39 months ago!      I digress.  Anyway, this car was photographed early one Sunday morning doing 48 in a 40 zone in Brisbane.  Reckless and dangerous behaviour, I know that now, and I have learnt my lesson. That was one point plus a fine.  So we paid that, grumbled, and went on with our lives.  BUT, read this...........If you have 1 or more demerit points, the CTP becomes $560.   So, I paid my fine with the QLD Police, and now the Insurance company "fines" me an additional $210 because of the obviously dangerous and reckless behaviour which was shown by exceeding the limit by 8kph.

So, I re-ran the quote, and answered "YES" to the Under 25 question.    It simply bumped my premium up to $590 - no question of demerit points from other drivers.

So, I pay the $590, then pay the Registration cost of $504 to the NSW guvament.   Oh, yeah, plus the annual $70 "Safety Check" which all cars older than 6 years need to get.......I'm up for $1,164 in registration fees.......Victoria costs around $750 I recall ?   Add the $1,400 insurance, and this car is costing me almost $3,000 just to keep it on the road.    That's 10% of it's value.

And I thought opening CTP to competition was supposed to reduce prices for all - of course it was

</rant>

<rant>

My turn.

Just had to renew my registration on my family wagon which is now driven by my nearly 18yo on P Plates.

In NSW, we have to purchase our own CTP (for Vic people, this is the TAC charge) and then pay for Rego.

The first part of my rant is if you have demerit points.  The clause asks if any driver has had any demerit points in the last 40 months.    FORTY BLOODY MONTHS.    Who can recall that if a fine was "exactly" 41 months ago, or 39 months ago!      I digress.  Anyway, this car was photographed early one Sunday morning doing 48 in a 40 zone in Brisbane.  Reckless and dangerous behaviour, I know that now, and I have learnt my lesson. That was one point plus a fine.  So we paid that, grumbled, and went on with our lives.  BUT, read this...........If you have 1 or more demerit points, the CTP becomes $560.   So, I paid my fine with the QLD Police, and now the Insurance company "fines" me an additional $210 because of the obviously dangerous and reckless behaviour which was shown by exceeding the limit by 8kph.

So, I re-ran the quote, and answered "YES" to the Under 25 question.    It simply bumped my premium up to $590 - no question of demerit points from other drivers.

So, I pay the $590, then pay the Registration cost of $504 to the NSW guvament.   Oh, yeah, plus the annual $70 "Safety Check" which all cars older than 6 years need to get.......I'm up for $1,164 in registration fees.......Victoria costs around $750 I recall ?   Add the $1,400 insurance, and this car is costing me almost $3,000 just to keep it on the road.    That's 10% of it's value.

And I thought opening CTP to competition was supposed to reduce prices for all - of course it was

</rant>

Yikes.....you are getting ripped all right....Victoria definitely wins this one...

<rant>

My turn.

</rant>

……...and to add insult to injury, when you renew your licence you will not be entitled to the discounted fee.  In essence, fined again.

SUNROOF LEAKING AGAIN!

never buy cars with a stupid sunroof.   The drains are the size of a toddlers pencil and get clogged regularly.  One decent tropical storm later and it's hello sloshing foot wells and two days of the fan heater blowing the carpet and sound deadening dry.

Oh, and 40 million percent humidity while you're pulling the interior to bits.

but seriously, it's a great car.  Anybody want to buy it?

bloody Russians (not you KGB)

I get regular random emails from people sending me invoices, or proposals and i have learnt to just dump them, but yesterday they lucked out and actually used a clients name. A bit distracted with other shit going on i just clicked on the 'invoice.'

took about 5 minutes to realize a third of our entire work network had been encrypted and the ruskis were emailing me asking for money!

<rant>

My turn.

</rant>

the word "arseholes" come to mine.

i just renewed my rego on the GT3. Last year I paid about $510 with AAMI for the CTP. This year AAMI want $780 for the CTP. I rang them to say WTF, why the massive increase--I've had no claims, lost no demerits, and I have (embarrassingly) only done 1300 k's in the car over the past 12 months. AAMI's answer: "sorry sir, that's the price". To which I answered, good bye AAMI it's been nice knowing you...I'm taking my three car and one motor bike insurance policies elsewhere...oh and I'm also taking the two house insurance policies I have with you elsewhere. NRMA is very happy to take on my insurance and are giving me a very attractive price. it's the only way to deal with these bastards.

Edited by Blue964

I've learned that in NSW ctp companies prices are very close to each other.

However.

QBE give a discount for 0 demerits.

GIO give a discount for having other CTPs or comprehensive cover with them.

They both say, " you have to qualify for the discount".

So, I pay the $590, then pay the Registration cost of $504 to the NSW guvament.   Oh, yeah, plus the annual $70 "Safety Check" which all cars older than 6 years need to get.......I'm up for $1,164 in registration fees

Full rego for a 6 cyl car in Tas is $605. Including CTP.  No RWC , no check for older cars. For better or for worse.

But we have to pay a bit more for fuel.

<rant>

My turn.

</rant>

You guys in NSW are getting ripped a new one - here in Vic, it's not even looked at if you 've clocked up no points or 11 points, rego (incl Tac Insurance)is all the same - around $730 for a car - although they seem to raise it around 3%per year..no safety checks, no roadworthys, just send the cheque! No wonder everyone's moving here from Sydney...

You guys in NSW are getting ripped a new one - here in Vic, it's not even looked at if you 've clocked up no points or 11 points, rego (incl Tac Insurance)is all the same - around $730 for a car - although they seem to raise it around 3%per year..no safety checks, no roadworthys, just send the cheque! No wonder everyone's moving here from Sydney...

I guess I can not complain about $660 for a years rego including TAC charges (CTP) here in rual VIC. No questions asked!!? Just pay and drive. This price leaves the old one nicely intact.

I guess I can not complain about $660 for a years rego including TAC charges (CTP) here in rual VIC. No questions asked!!? Just pay and drive. This price leaves the old one nicely intact.

More for petrol less for rego, probably works out about the same over the year out in the sticks, lovely place Bendigo, used to race at Heathcote a bit...

More for petrol less for rego, probably works out about the same over the year out in the sticks, lovely place Bendigo, used to race at Heathcote a bit...

Only need 20L to have a fun arvo at a test and tune day at Heathcote drag strip (10.90 in the Turbo). What pisses me of most (after depreciation) is that I spend 2.5 tImes more on tyres than I do on fuel and even more on brakes. Along with rego fuel is so far down the list it really doesn't count. Fuel 12c/km, rear tires 19.5c/km, front tires 9.5c/km, PCCB brakes $1.30/km.

bloody Russians (not you KGB)

I get regular random emails from people sending me invoices, or proposals and i have learnt to just dump them, but yesterday they lucked out and actually used a clients name. A bit distracted with other shit going on i just clicked on the 'invoice.'

took about 5 minutes to realize a third of our entire work network had been encrypted and the ruskis were emailing me asking for money!

in case you haven't figured it out yet, you're in deep shit.

please tell me you have offline backups.

Only need 20L to have a fun arvo at a test and tune day at Heathcote drag strip (10.90 in the Turbo). What pisses me of most (after depreciation) is that I spend 2.5 tImes more on tyres than I do on fuel and even more on brakes. Along with rego fuel is so far down the list it really doesn't count. Fuel 12c/km, rear tires 19.5c/km, front tires 9.5c/km, PCCB brakes $1.30/km.

Hahha my petrol cost to drive my old Camaro from Melb up n back and race was about $350 - lots of fun though...

Not a bad 1/4 mile time considering it does around 200 mph at the other end,.I was doing high 10's with a top of around 130 mph! Geez they wear the rear tyres these GT rear engined things and I don't envy that depreciation...but I envy the car no end!

Drove to Sandown today in the 996 Took the left lane one set of lights back from the turn in road off Dandy Rd. Couple of pleb cars and an orange Lotus in the lane to my right. As luck would have it I got the green so rolled through and then turned into the Sandown entrance road slowing up to avoid/straddle the pot holes I know are there. Orange Lotus whips around the outside of me crossing single white line and driving around the entrance corner into the oncoming traffic lane. I flashed lights at him him as he shot down the 40k road well above that. Later in the morning I was talking to a mate who sprints his Lotus and this dude walks up. So I have a go at him and tell him he's not real smart. He then says to my mate "Typical Porsche driver." Excuse me? He's the retired old fart who thinks he's a race driver in his Lotus carving up the road illegally. So I call him a f*@#ing wanker as I figured that was better than hitting him.

Drove to Sandown today in the 996 Took the left lane one set of lights back from the turn in road off Dandy Rd. Couple of pleb cars and an orange Lotus in the lane to my right. As luck would have it I got the green so rolled through and then turned into the Sandown entrance road slowing up to avoid/straddle the pot holes I know are there. Orange Lotus whips around the outside of me crossing single white line and driving around the entrance corner into the oncoming traffic lane. I flashed lights at him him as he shot down the 40k road well above that. Later in the morning I was talking to a mate who sprints his Lotus and this dude walks up. So I have a go at him and tell him he's not real smart. He then says to my mate "Typical Porsche driver." Excuse me? He's the retired old fart who thinks he's a race driver in his Lotus carving up the road illegally. So I call him a f*@#ing wanker as I figured that was better than hitting him.

Should have wacked him as well. Not all, but a lot of Lotus drivers act like religious nutbags that think that they have front row seats to the second coming,probably the fibreglass fumes.I have had a few of them have a crack at me for owning a Porsche, and one of them owned an Eclat.

Airport , one bag shared with the girl 25kgs sorry sir that bag is over weight ….

but we have 20kgs allowance each my reply

Airport dude but we have a limit of 23kgs sir 

I say and for business class ?? 32kgs sir 1 peice 

So after , he still insists on a 23Kgs bag ,

I ask him do they teach mathematics in customers services roles in your company

Hes says no ,doesnt get the joke

I asked him , did you study mathematics at school…I get a blank stare

Again still cant work it out 

I said can I ask you a personal question he said sure

How old are you , he says Im 33

I said my age is 40 and I have 25 kilos of luggage ,  how many years does that mean I have to to check in the extra 15kgs  of my allowance

Blank stare again 

I repack the one bag into two…..THAT MAKES SENSE ...