Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

912 isnt it sitting high or is there something about the profile of the wheels/tyres? I know nothing …about em.  Looks pretty good but needs a 30% discount for the two cylinders its missing..

I was under the impression that all 912's seem to sit higher. I always assumed that it was due to having the same suspension as a 911 with less weight...?

I was under the impression that all 912's seem to sit higher. I always assumed that it was due to having the same suspension as a 911 with less weight...?

Would only explain the rear though?

The quarter windows are wrong too

Curious, what makes them wrong?

Trying to quote MFX but I am in a tangle.

You are obviously correct with the first part, 911-912 identical, so it follows that the 912 will have a ride height exactly as you dial it .........up/down.

A process which should take about 5 mins up front and up to an hour in the back depending on the era of spring plate you have.

Edited by 9er

Nope - it is not only the springs (torsion bars) that determine ride height.

Would only explain the rear though?

Curious, what makes them wrong?

the early 911/912s had opening quarter windows,

and while I am being picky, the 912 badge on the glove box lid is on the wrong side of the lid.  Probably a leftover from the conversion.

912 isnt it sitting high or is there something about the profile of the wheels/tyres? I know nothing …about em.  Looks pretty good but needs a 30% discount for the two cylinders its missing..

wheel/tyre combo and perhaps US ride height (though I think that came later to get the bumpers up to min height)

Currently the car is fitted with low mileage 195/65 R15 Firestone tyres on original Fuchs rims

Holy balloon tyres batman...

912 Ride Style Guru checking in.. so fundamentally what I can deduce here from your commenatry  is , Its wrong!!!

Bit like the 3 dial car for sale.. WTF happened to the dash.. and WTF is it with the big tyres, must be the fashion .. ride height and tyre writing must be like showing your white socks MJackson style

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4733080?_ga=2.212610077.844357950.1500956647-1349774004.1448801321

912 Ride Style Guru checking in.. so fundamentally what I can deduce here from your commenatry  is , Its wrong!!!

Bit like the 3 dial car for sale.. WTF happened to the dash.. and WTF is it with the big tyres, must be the fashion .. ride height and tyre writing must be like showing your white socks MJackson style

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4733080?_ga=2.212610077.844357950.1500956647-1349774004.1448801321

It's like jeans - hang on to them long enPugh and the style comes back in again

912 owners be like:

tumblr_lz5jqmIRgD1qingg5o1_1280.jpg

Would you prefer that over a 996 GT3 though for similar $$$? More practical and family friendly etc. but that's not the point....................:rolleyes::D

Not for my dollars.

A 996 GT3 is going to give bigger smiles now, and much bigger smiles in years to come when / if it comes time to sell. 

Edit: Though in all honesty, I'd rather everyone bugger off and leave the 996 GT3s alone... at least until I've bought one. ;)

Edited by MichaelF

Would you prefer that over a 996 GT3 though for similar $$$? More practical and family friendly etc. but that's not the point....................:rolleyes::D

Yes... and no... I would probably rather have a base spec 997 or 996 :)