Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Yes this is a concrete test of the HotRod market. As I have a new widebody G series exrace project, I am watching closely.

Interesting to see how much defanging is needed to make a semi-civilised road car out of a trackrat.

I notice the Carsales add has it listed as a 4 speed gearbox - could this be a Turbo 915 box. or a typo? 

That little motor looks like it would spit & snarl in stop/go traffic until it warmed up & then Zoom (ahhh to be young again!!!)

I have video of that car slightly diffrent spec.. but that motor definately growls :Beer:

looks good. Did snorkels remain on  SC's later?

If you are referring to the washer snorkels, I think '79 was the last year for them, then they went to the flush mounted ones ...

Rare as hens teeth and just as expensive (if you can find any) ....

If you are referring to the washer snorkels, I think '79 was the last year for them, then they went to the flush mounted ones ...

only ask cause they were long gone on 930's by 79, but I guess turbos got the new gadgets first. AH told me once they are now being remade

Seeing as it's the YOTC, I've noticed a couple of 996.1s have slipped under the $30k mark. If you take on the Boxrod mentality, it makes it an interesting proposition. One is even priced at less than a 944 auto:

Boxrod. It's officially a thing now.

Its the new Outlaw.

And that black one would do mrsmcrev, got back seats for the kids and all!

only ask cause they were long gone on 930's by 79, but I guess turbos got the new gadgets first. AH told me once they are now being remade

Nope, most 79 930's had the snorkel washer. Mine certainly has them. I believe cars with a later build 11-79 onwards had the recessed washer.

So is this good value ?????

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4977062?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert

Each to their own if you were in the fortunate position of splashing that sort of cash on a turbo, but I'm having a hard time imagining what box/s does that car tick over the trio of a manual  993TT (270k), manual 996TT (115k) and a manual 997TT (165k) for the same coin for pure driving pleasure.  Also reckon from a smile on the dial perspective, taking that 964TT on a Vic PFA SMT would not beat the experience of rocking up with all of the three alternate turbo's mentioned with two of your good mates and planning  out a few strategic pitstops along the run for some key swapping all whilst having total disregard for seeing or watching the odometer ticking over.

been reproed in Europe if me mind serves me right 

Yes this is a concrete test of the HotRod market. As I have a new widebody G series exrace project, I am watching closely.

Interesting to see how much defanging is needed to make a semi-civilised road car out of a trackrat.

I notice the Carsales add has it listed as a 4 speed gearbox - could this be a Turbo 915 box. or a typo? 

That little motor looks like it would spit & snarl in stop/go traffic until it warmed up & then Zoom (ahhh to be young again!!!)

mentioned some ways back, earlier this year there was a brace of ex track able cars on the market, most were snapped up pretty quick and all around the 140 -150 numbers.  The red  Sydney 'ST homage maybe the slowest, but that was more to do with the sales mechanism.. but it was still sold within a few weeks , though only 2 real buyers 

there's a few other hotties  dressed in  IROC splendour though they are all nth of 200k and likely stay unsold. But lots of car ...

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4977062?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert

Each to their own if you were in the fortunate position of splashing that sort of cash on a turbo, but I'm having a hard time imagining what box/s does that car tick over the trio of a manual  993TT (270k), manual 996TT (115k) and a manual 997TT (165k) for the same coin for pure driving pleasure.  Also reckon from a smile on the dial perspective, taking that 964TT on a Vic PFA SMT would not beat the experience of rocking up with all of the three alternate turbo's mentioned with two of your good mates and planning  out a few strategic pitstops along the run for some key swapping all whilst having total disregard for seeing or watching the odometer ticking over.

I don't know how that price stacks up, but a 964t to me is the ultimate of the non-race 911's. 993t would be a great second. The 996 and 997 are not even in the same category, great cars (undoubtably better cars), but I think a 964t buyer wouldn't even consider them.

I don't know how that price stacks up, but a 964t to me is the ultimate of the non-race 911's. 993t would be a great second. The 996 and 997 are not even in the same category, great cars (undoubtably better cars), but I think a 964t buyer wouldn't even consider them.

only thing better would be a 964 turbo S :)

the price is really for a 3.6 you would have thought. Much rarer (5 Aussie cars I think). Agree no comparison to the other water cooled turbos - they made buckets of those ;) 

I'll sell you a coupe in the same color

for less :D

its actually not bad buying if the work has been done well.  You'd struggle to refurb one for the same amount.

the car will never get driven properly again.  

Of course a 993 TT is better buying.

Anyone had a look at this one or have any details? Asking for a mate.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1979/SSE-AD-4954940/?Cr=1

My gut feel is that it isn't cheap even though I suspect it is a good car. It's a UK car, however long it has been over here. I would suggest that it is not far off the money for a coupe, rather than a targa. I don't see it above $60K and maybe its less than that.

I sure hope that is the correct price for an SC Targa, but that looks like coupe money to me.

Although I don't really follow Cayman asking prices, I was surprised to see a couple of manuals for well less than $40k asking. One at a smidge less than $35 even. Gotta be good buying there to get into the P-car world. Wonder how far these early Cayman will drop?  

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayman-2008/SSE-AD-4848969/?Cr=210 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayman-2008/SSE-AD-4672766/?Cr=246 

Although I don't really follow Cayman asking prices, I was surprised to see a couple of manuals for well less than $40k asking. One at a smidge less than $35 even. Gotta be good buying there to get into the P-car world. Wonder how far these early Cayman will drop?  

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayman-2008/SSE-AD-4848969/?Cr=210 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayman-2008/SSE-AD-4672766/?Cr=246 

That is very good buying.  Undercutting most of the equivalent Boxsters on the market too.  Either keen to sell or move quickly - as always... PPI and due diligence first