Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

have any variety of p-car actually gone up in value in the last 6 months?

Nope .. well maybe an odd SC and 3.2

and the 914's just got lucky 

I think mainly driven by  affordablity spread  in that marketplace , the high ends taking a bashing 

Edited by symsy

Is a 3.6 rebuild all that more than a 3.2 rebuild?  How much more?

P&C's are a couple of hundred more each, you'd have 12 hydraulic lifters to replace and probably the cam tensioners as well as they don't seem as robust as the 3.2 ones.  Assuming the ceramic exhaust liners are OK,  I guess the difference is at least a couple grand more than a 3.2.

However everything else will be up to a couple more grand to recondition (if needed) than a 3.2 because the older cars are so simple and new and old parts are readily available:

suspension

HVAC

rust around the front and rear windscreen and the special trim

brakes

trim

So it could add up. 

the question was rhetorical  -  any sign of rising P-car prices is the stuff of 2016 and owners who get a kick out of seeing their pride and joy on carsales month after month.

914's? Aren't  they VW's?:ph34r:

In terms of rhetoric, you've gone from have any variety of P car over the last six months to no sign of rising P car prices over the last 18 months.  Would you not be better off asking your question based on taking say a period of 12 months period and comparing 2016 prices against 2017 prices noting 2017 aint done yet. 

PS I haven't seen a 2003 plus 996tt manual series 2 turbo coupe  up for grabs that I can recall coming up on car sales since at least pre Christmas 2016. So if I was considering  advertising a manual 2003 996tt that's averaged under 5000 km a year annually since it left an Australian dealer that is pretty good nick (PPI to support that assertion to go in the ad) , no gaps to note when it comes to service stamps and plenty of them from Porsche dealers including a recent major service  whats the starting price I put it up for grabs the week end after the AFL grand final view a view to it not sitting on car sales month after month.  Also is it best to remove the 4.5k Kline exhaust (replace with stock one, eg 2.0 hrs ) that's seen about 1500km of exhaust gases and spend the 10 minutes hooking up another power supply so the stage 2 tune could be flicked back to stock in 30 secs before or after the PPI and perhaps package them up separately down the track.  Do I need to disclose any of that and whats the impact on my price  Then what do you suggest I buy given everything is cheaper  and whats the delta to step up into a 997.1 tt and / or a 996 gt3's  (either haven't  fallen that much have they). 

Did I see Spillers old 996 GT3 for sale pop up again recently in Adelaide or is it a bit of mistaken identity.  If not the same car or it shed some parts, me thinks spillers 2016 price and what he had on offer in terms of his setup (take his well selected suite of replacement parts / setup  all day everyday over a stock one )  was super cheap compared to what I am seeing up for grabs in 2017.

A few outliers I suppose, that have three things in common.  Not aircooled, powered by mezger's and not many up for grabs

Edited by smit2100

Great Candidate for a boxrod good price for an S at $23k and could be had cheaper i think, with just over 100k clicks 6 speed. Pick up in Tasie and do an SMT with the TAS crew and then a ferry with a nice drive home. If I wasn't going on a ski trip this Xmas I would be tempted.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lindisfarne/cars-vans-utes/2002-porsche-boxster-s-manual/1158924582

In terms of rhetoric, you've gone from have any variety of P car over the last six months to no sign of rising P car prices over the last 18 months.  Would you not be better off asking your question based on taking say a period of 12 months period and comparing 2016 prices against 2017 prices noting 2017 aint done yet. 

(that's exactly what I said Smitty - except we are only in September, so 9 months). 

but I was being kind. Prices have fallen pretty dramatically since 2016 (that means in 2017) across the board (10-30% at a guess). 

Owners could maybe argue a few exceptions if they had something special. 

Man this is painful to have hangin around...29k 'negotiable' now. Would love to clean up the leather, whack on a black 3 spoke wheel, a set of H&R springs, 18" turbo twists, saucy exhaust and do the orange cap intake mod. One hell of a driving experience and understated sauciness for low 30's. Interesting to know if it's the original 3.4 with new pots to 3.6 and if it retains the cable throttle.

I know I'm a weirdo but I still can't understand why anyone would consider a similar k's 993 at 94k over this at 1/3 the price, doesn't make any sense to me.

The ultimate 911 to drive the hell out of without a skerrick of worry about the k's you're putting on it.

He's not doing himself any favours search-wise not having 911 or 996 in the title.

Man this is painful to have hangin around...29k 'negotiable' now. Would love to clean up the leather, whack on a black 3 spoke wheel, a set of H&R springs, 18" turbo twists, saucy exhaust and do the orange cap intake mod. One hell of a driving experience and understated sauciness for low 30's. Interesting to know if it's the original 3.4 with new pots to 3.6 and if it retains the cable throttle.

I know I'm a weirdo but I still can't understand why anyone would consider a similar k's 993 at 94k over this at 1/3 the price, doesn't make any sense to me.

The ultimate 911 to drive the hell out of without a skerrick of worry about the k's you're putting on it.

He's not doing himself any favours search-wise not having 911 or 996 in the title.

It has new front struts too. (I spoke to the mechanic who did the work. He wasn't too enthused to talk about the car he just worked on.)

Edited by Spets87

(that's exactly what I said Smitty - except we are only in September, so 9 months). 

but I was being kind. Prices have fallen pretty dramatically since 2016 (that means in 2017) across the board (10-30% at a guess). 

Owners could maybe argue a few exceptions if they had something special. 

Exactly my points, only 8.7 months in (not convinced of the UV duco index factor on advertised prices I take it) and don't forget the outliers.  I'm still unsure how you get a good handle on advertised pricing vs transacted pricing unless your actually tyre kicking in person or digitally via voice.   Been busy I take it.  As an extension to the UV duco index, is there any correlation on P cars up for grabs and houses, eg generally more good housing stock comes out of the woodwork and is on the market and are up for grabs  after the AFL / league grand finals and a few weeks before Christmas that bumps up the average sale price.

It has new front struts too. (I spoke to the mechanic who did the work. He wasn't too enthused to talk about the car he just worked on.)

What happened to the up-to-date photos with the crunched front number plate. & the old pensioner guy leaning on the car?

The locals dont seem to be snapping it up either - what do they know that we dont. Regardless I think it will sell soon if the interior is still as good as the 'historical' photo thats now appeared.

PS: I just noticed the truck sized reversing indicators on the back bumper. That & the crashed front numberplate makes me think that maybe the elderly owner got his licence withdrawn.

Someone please buy this & remove the temptation.

Edited by Zelrik911
xtra info