Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

@Fraz from what I have read they did produce a 996 Turbo S in 2004 which was the Turbo model that was sold when they introduced the 997, and prior to the release of the 997 Turbo, so I guess the guy has just put this badge on it for show as I cannot see any reference to a 996 S in 2001.

If you buy it I think a mid week drive to Sydney to pick it up would be in order

52 minutes ago, edgy said:

Don't know it, looks like its been rather played with... it is my understanding that all Aussie Turbo S were delivered Black? 

Check the M codes if those are PCCB or just the yellow calliper option... 

I dont think so either.

saw a red turbo S, residing from Woolongong, on our first 'Porsches in the Park' 

Saw a few sausage rolls too..

18 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2004/SSE-AD-4456334/?Cr=8

Price seems good on this, could buy some original turbo wheels and source an original radio to get this back to stock.

Fuses and wiring inside the frunk open and exposed in a Porsche - always a good sign.......

2 hours ago, edgy said:

I dig it.  But price wise they're on drugs!

I cant wait till the yearly round up of this page... its been a little like drinking flat beer 

Followed by maybe the levels of market activity  being compared to taking a pee with a prostate problem

No I dont have one .. I did buy a few cars though

Maybe we can actually take a poll of how many members have actually bought cars or sold em..

Where are  our stats folks...?

Hi Fraz,

I don't believe that this can be an original 996 Turbo as a total of 600 Coupes were manufactured worldwide in 2004 and 2005, the only production years. 2 in 2004 and 598 in 2005. From memory 4 or 5 came to Australia. As a comparison, a total of 963 cabriolet were manufactured, 3 in 2004 and 960 in 2005.  I know of 2 in Brisbane which are both black on black. There was one on Carsales 12 to 18 months ago, black with red interior for somewhere around the $225,00o mark. One is Brisbane is with the original owner and the other is with the second owner and purchased out of Melbourne about 4 years ago. A mate of mine owns this car. I understand all 3 were originally purchased from Porsche Centre Brisbane.

Regards

Allan

25 minutes ago, Allan 968 said:

Hi Fraz,

I don't believe that this can be an original 996 Turbo as a total of 600 Coupes were manufactured worldwide in 2004 and 2005, the only production years. 2 in 2004 and 598 in 2005. From memory 4 or 5 came to Australia. As a comparison, a total of 963 cabriolet were manufactured, 3 in 2004 and 960 in 2005.  I know of 2 in Brisbane which are both black on black. There was one on Carsales 12 to 18 months ago, black with red interior for somewhere around the $225,00o mark. One is Brisbane is with the original owner and the other is with the second owner and purchased out of Melbourne about 4 years ago. A mate of mine owns this car. I understand all 3 were originally purchased from Porsche Centre Brisbane.

Regards

Allan

Yeah figured as much, thanks for that, spoke to the seller this arvo sounds like it’s up my alley. Now the fun begins, getting mates to check it out first, interstate flights, PPI, sheeeesh.

1 hour ago, hugh said:

I did find out about a neat C3 for sale over the weekend..................:ph34r:

Naa, unfortunately I have developed a boost addiction. I tried it twice and got hooked, knew the second hit was a big mistake. 

2 hours ago, Ozvino said:

Me too - its cool, in a $20k max kind of way

Thats the price I was thinking. A friend has a white Turbo for sale soon. Around $15k I think, and possibly a Martini without the stripes, but will confirm that

2 hours ago, Dalai said:

I bought my 1984 Aus delivered 3.2l Carrera Coupe from Perth in February. B)

Good man 

Me 4 in 1 Out .. , @michel  sold at least 3 cars albeIt in parts , @Fraz 1 and @Ozvino I think 1 each way in and out and @hugh 1 

The rest of the market locally probably determined by @GUT and the overseas market monopolised by @turboT supported by @edgy rallying behind him when there is a moment of indecusion

I have heard on the grapevine the Adelaidian or is that Aliens bought a few and the Taswegians pushed the market along too

So basically we are nowhere near bitcoin.. just a little fizz here and there 

So I reckon there is two weeks of frenzy left ..before the Finance Managers rein in control demanding attendance to Xmas Dinner Boardroom meetings

Yep Im mad...  

I think we nearly may have created a market

10 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Thats the price I was thinking. A friend has a white Turbo for sale soon. Around $15k I think, and possibly a Martini without the stripes, but will confirm that

Martini was always a cheap drink..

6 minutes ago, symsy said:

Good man 

Me 4 in 1 Out .. , @michel  sold at least 3 cars albeIt in parts , @Fraz 1 and @Ozvino I think 1 each way in and out and @hugh 1 

The rest of the market locally probably determined by @GUT and the overseas market monopolised by @turboT supported by @edgy rallying behind him when there is a moment of indecusion

3 sold, 3 purchased in the last 12 months. Stocking up on dodgy LHD imports in prep for the North Korean takeover..

3 hours ago, symsy said:

I cant wait till the yearly round up of this page... its been a little like drinking flat beer 

Followed by maybe the levels of market activity  being compared to taking a pee with a prostate problem

No I dont have one .. I did buy a few cars though

Maybe we can actually take a poll of how many members have actually bought cars or sold em..

Where are  our stats folks...?

Sold one...bought one...

26 minutes ago, jakroo said:

I bought my 968.  Sold none.

I may be unemployed but that hasn't stopped me for looking for another P car  :wub: 

Good grief Charlie Brown.

Its called transition ... unemployed whats that and the car is an in between focus, i have a few of those ;)