Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

28 minutes ago, DJM said:

could be the same car.  From memory the one at Fitz had a fairly big shunt but was repaired properly and the seller & Peter were very transparent about the work done. Worth checking out throughly as always.

Its the ex RM car that was looked after by Fitz. Not a big shunt at all... but it did have some repair work & wouldn't scare me off at all, the guys that repaired it are top notch

1 hour ago, Al said:

That would be a good read but I can't get the article unless I sign up.

Here 'tis Al

http://autotalk.com.au/industry-news/lorbek-lawsuit-problem-porsche

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

36 minutes ago, James P said:

Its the ex RM car that was looked after by Fitz. Not a big shunt at all... but it did have some repair work & wouldn't scare me off at all, the guys that repaired it are top notch

Same ex damaged GT3 that sold from Croydon Vic around 2 years back for around $170? 

3 hours ago, t888 said:

LUXURY car dealer Srecko Lorbek — who counts Foreign Minister Julie Bishop among his friends — is suing his own customer for claiming on social media he was sold a lemon.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/luxury-used-car-salesmen-claim-bad-google-reviews-damaged-their-reputations/news-story/3ebf4045b25ab88bc04f5620626ed7c3?nk=dd33871995943fe69079831c99ce89c2-1513990660

There is a thread here somewhere posted a few days ago

On 23/12/2017 at 6:54 AM, Spectre said:

Golly gosh, "if it was rhd it would be twice the price"

http://www.lorbek.com.au/prestige-cars/details/1975-porsche-911-1013266_326812

BS!  Its a K Jet.  The right money for a RHD or LHD MFI in good shape is around 300.  This is not a 75 Carrera.  Nice car by the looks of it but Lorbek are taking the piss.

On 23/12/2017 at 12:05 AM, Troubleshooter said:

Very nice car but very ambitious price.  The right money for these is around 550.  They went to mid to high 6’s when everyone was on the hooch but not now.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:54 AM, Spectre said:

Golly gosh, "if it was rhd it would be twice the price"

http://www.lorbek.com.au/prestige-cars/details/1975-porsche-911-1013266_326812

Thought I had seen that ad before

https://www.schmitt.com/inventory/1975-porsche-911-carrera-2-7-coupe/

EDIT it was advertised at US$109,000

5 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

BS!  Its a K Jet.  The right money for a RHD or LHD MFI in good shape is around 300.  This is not a 75 Carrera.  Nice car by the looks of it but Lorbek are taking the piss.

Very nice car but very ambitious price.  The right money for these is around 550.  They went to mid to high 6’s when everyone was on the hooch but not now.

still got some ...

7 hours ago, Fraz said:

Why buy that car if you're just going to strip all the good bits?  I suppose if he gets the price on the stuff advertised, the base car will seem cheap.

@TrevMcRevisn't that ad a match for your Xmas list?  Prices are a bit silly though.  I reckon wheels are 50% over the odds.  And $2.5k for a single sparco seat?  Might as well go to Revolution and save the hassle and $$!

13 minutes ago, DJM said:

Why buy that car if you're just going to strip all the good bits?  I suppose if he gets the price on the stuff advertised, the base car will seem cheap.

@TrevMcRevisn't that ad a match for your Xmas list?  Prices are a bit silly though.  I reckon wheels are 50% over the odds.  And $2.5k for a single spar over seat?  Might as well go to Revolution and save the hassle and $$!

I'm tipping the car never sold when it was on the market a year back (in Brookvale as well and same photo on the concrete factory drive) for at least 4 months and he was asking $80 then down to about $68 iirc. He made a song and dance about how much each hottie item was worth back then in his ad. I came very close to calling him near the end but was waiting for the next price drop before I attacked:Evil:

47 minutes ago, GUT said:

$100k premium for sunroof delete and some Kremer bits, nah it's a bargain ?

i reckon I've seen this car - early 90s I worked part time at Bevic Auto Parts in carrum downs while at Uni. One Saturday, I had to drop off a bunch of parts to a property nearby and it happened to be Rusty French.  Probably his Skye Sands property, can't recall.  But I remember he had a shed with several black Porsches and I remember a 930 with big wing like that and the ad says rusty owned it 91-99 so that fits.  I've mentioned it a few times over the years, driving into some obscure property and finding a non descript shed full of exotica was pretty cool given I was usually selling brake pads and oil filter for an HQ.

By coincidence, rusty's daughter now goes to school with my daughter so a couple of years ago when it was pickup time for a birthday party there, It was like reliving the day 25 years ago.  his property has a tennis court which he built a roof over to house some of his (mostly signature black) exotica.  We had a brief chat and as much as he is into Porsches, he was talking about Panteras.

ahem, sorry, back on topic.....

52 minutes ago, michel said:

still got some ...

Question or statement?

1 hour ago, GUT said:

More than up there.  You’d be taking in ozone if you went there ...

1 hour ago, DJM said:

@TrevMcRevisn't that ad a match for your Xmas list?  Prices are a bit silly though.  I reckon wheels are 50% over the odds.  And $2.5k for a single sparco seat?  Might as well go to Revolution and save the hassle and $$!

Yeah I think he comes from an alternate universe where aftermarket performance mods add more than they cost to the car - and are worth more than they cost as second hand parts too!

That would’ve been a pretty good car before stripping all the good bits off...

Your spot on there Sven, USA never got the mfi 2.7 Carrera in 74-75 due to their epa requirements at the time 

2 hours ago, DJM said:

$100k premium for sunroof delete and some Kremer bits, nah it's a bargain ?

i reckon I've seen this car - early 90s I worked part time at Bevic Auto Parts in carrum downs while at Uni. One Saturday, I had to drop off a bunch of parts to a property nearby and it happened to be Rusty French.  Probably his Skye Sands property, can't recall.  But I remember he had a shed with several black Porsches and I remember a 930 with big wing like that and the ad says rusty owned it 91-99 so that fits.  I've mentioned it a few times over the years, driving into some obscure property and finding a non descript shed full of exotica was pretty cool given I was usually selling brake pads and oil filter for an HQ.

By coincidence, rusty's daughter now goes to school with my daughter so a couple of years ago when it was pickup time for a birthday party there, It was like reliving the day 25 years ago.  his property has a tennis court which he built a roof over to house some of his (mostly signature black) exotica.  We had a brief chat and as much as he is into Porsches, he was talking about Panteras.

ahem, sorry, back on topic.....

Rusty was over at my place this week looking at my 77 turbo with a friend.. i worked in his race team many years ago so we had a good chat.. all his 65 or so cars are in the one place now a newly built facility, ill go over in the new year for a coffee & have a good look around. The 4x 935's he has are very special cars indeed 

Id say my 77 turbo is better value https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1977/SSE-AD-5124429/?Cr=4

18 minutes ago, turboT said:

Fetish for 80’s aftershave over 80’s boost I would assume having met the guy ?

I often trawl EBay for some Brut or Old Spice scented fragrance trees to ensure my 911 smells as it would have in the 80's, so I can understand the reason behind the name  now ?