Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Hektik cuz

Such as?

I'm hoping to have a squiz next week

Did not see anything major wrong with it  but I would have organized a PPI had I decided to go any further so I was not very thorough nor have I spent much time looking at it.

Door bins falling apart, someone attempted (unsuccessfully) to fix them with fibreglass, drivers door strap clicking, paint on the inside of the doors looks like it was applied by brush, struts for the engine and bonnet lid need replacing as does the sunroof seal. Car seemed a bit reluctant to go in second which from what I have been told is usually the first synchro to go on 915 box, gearbox oil was likely not up to the working temp in the short test drive so perhaps it would improve a bit as it warms up. 

Did not see anything major wrong with it but I would have organized a PPI had I decided to go any further so I was not very thorough nor have I spent much time looking at it.

Door bins falling apart, someone attempted (unsuccessfully) to fix them with fibreglass, drivers door strap clicking, paint on the inside of the doors looks like it was applied by brush, struts for the engine and bonnet lid need replacing as does the sunroof seal. Car seemed a bit reluctant to go in second which from what I have been told is usually the first synchro to go on 915 box, gearbox oil was likely not up to the working temp in the short test drive so perhaps it would improve a bit as it warms up.

Is this for the white 3.2 widebody ?

IMHO that should be disclosed (about being a targa)

I would be absolutely gutted and feel completly ripped if I found out later .....

Yeah, I know it can be checked by PCV, but not all buyers know about this and unless someone was to tell them, they would be relying on the seller .....

I would be absolutely gutted and feel completly ripped if I found out later .....

Yeah, I know it can be checked by PCV, but not all buyers know about this and unless someone was to tell them, they would be relying on the seller .....

you'd be gutted if you bought a cheap longhood and found out later why it was a cheap longhood?

due diligence

me, if it checked out, i'd just get back to enjoying my longhood.

you'd be gutted if you bought a cheap longhood and found out later why it was a cheap longhood?

due diligence

Good point ....... but the seller isn't making out that it's a cheap longhood because there's something wrong with it ....... he's making out a it's a fire sale because he has to move it on ....

You and I and a lot of others know that it's cheap, but for someone that doesn't know Porsches , they're getting a cool old car to drive around in.

I know due diligence plays a part, but major alterations to a car, I feel, should be disclosed. I also feel the same when I see a '79 convertible 911 for sale, knowing full well that they weren't available till '83.

Well so would I prefer the one in the USA too, but I don't have $195k!

I thought a 72 should have the oil filler on the right rear guard, or is that because it was a Targa?

Still a very cool looking car in my opinion, and if youre not precious about it not being ridgy didge

The seller has disclosed the VIN which tells you exactly what it was. If you are buying a 40+ year old car on ebay and dont know these basics about what you are purchasing, and not doing any further due diligence, then i think that buyer may be heading for a lot of disappointment in life........