Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Thanks Peter,

I always appreciate knowing how my tax dollars are being spent wisely.

Me personally ........ I'd prefer not to know ...... ignorance is bliss and I can't change it anyway.

As Kerry Packer once famously said ....... I pay as little tax as possible as they're not doing such a great job with what I give them, that I should be giving them more.

Anyone posted this one already?

$_20.JPG

1988 '911 Turbo 930' - says 5 Speed so I assume G50 based on age.

LHD Unreg in SA - says 78,000 kms

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/grange/cars-vans-utes/1988-porsche-911-turbo-930-with-a-5-speed-transmission/1062330961

$38,000

Who has turbo fever and wants a hot-rod?!  Keen buying for the brave.

(I might add - where are the front seats?)

I went to inspect this car for a friend early this week. I am happy to share information with anyone who is interested.

matching number  930 manufactured 7/87 imported from UAE everything appears to be there. Rare car.

I went to inspect this car for a friend early this week. I am happy to share information with anyone who is interested.

matching number  930 manufactured 7/88 imported from UAE everything appears to be there. Rare car.

Deceased estate? Osama had ties to UAE.

I believe sand is a big killer of cars from that part of the world. 

Deceased estate? Osama had ties to UAE.

I believe sand is a big killer of cars from that part of the world.

Having lived over there for a few years I can vouch heat is a mega killer, in general the cars over there are either locked away in private collections or in need of major work...there are some good expat mechanics in that part of the world though.. Even at today's UAE prices the one listed here is reasonably cheap...

Did you read the write up? Surely it has to be script from "Yes, Minister"!

Spend $800,000 on 15 modified Landrovers,

Upgrade (!!!!) to Holden red motors,

Pay extra to make them emission compliant and then

Cancel program before commissioned!

My friends one is mint condition - like it had never been used, which it hadn't.

I can tell you that when they sold them off, it would have been at a serious loss.

The holden motor and automatic was supposed to make them easy to drive at low speed for dignity when pulling coffins.

If you note all the body panels are smoothed out and the rivets are removed.

This is chicken feed in the grand scheme of torching tax dollars!  

matching number  930 manufactured 7/88 imported from UAE everything appears to be there. Rare car.

Is the interior there?

It was advertised for a long time so I figured it had issues, especially when it dropped to 20k. Owner told me it was Hong Kong delivered RHD now with a 3.0. If it wasnt an SC then im guessing it started as a '77 2.7.

Did you own the car previously PROJECT911?

Fact RHD Hong Kong del car with a 79 3 litre SC motor. Friend of mine picked it up a couple of days ago. Motor and box quite strong.

Great purchase

Yes I did . As you suggested , mechanically good. It was a great buy, I think yellow isn't a popular colour . Nice to look at but people are reluctant to buy. You mate did well.

As I said earlier I was considering buying it back for a S/T recreation . But my shed is full

That's a useful and practical enhancement if done correctly.

Buyers should be sure the compliance plate has been correctly update to reflect "4 seats" instead of "2 seats" or your insurance and 3rd party liability might be voided......achtung!

Hey guys, I found a longhood 911e project for sale, half way through bodywork but has most panels and glass, no cancer and sills and pans replaced, no drivetrain or interior. 12k. How is that compared to the current prices for these?

Any porsche body without rust or bends is worth that.  Depends on missing parts though - completing it as a long hood might cost a lot if you need to replace lots of bits and pieces...interior parts etc?