Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Low ball offer then backdate it with CF panels?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1984/SSE-AD-2592964

I know it's been mentioned before but it was listed much higher IIRC

Love the ad - no 959s available so buy my car its as close as you can get. Upside is it costs $30k instead of $1M......

Backdate sounds like a good option edgy. Gets rid of one more of those horrid 959 lookalikes.

if the engine and Sporto weren't healthy - $10k wouldn't go far. But it wouldn't go far on my MINI either if either of these went bang.

I've just spent $2800 on clutch and flywheel and now I have a freakin power steering leak and have two very different solutions from different mechanics to fix it! ie $1300 worth!

I digress.

What you guys think of the red Targa above?

I think your power steering leak problems need a third opinion.  I fixed a leaking power steering setup on my BMW for $300 in parts and about 2 hours under the car, and that was all hoses and the reservoir replaced.  I know it's a mini and therefore it's probably shrink wrapped in there, but still. 

As for the Targa - I've never seen a US car where they took the big bumpers off and left the headlights on.  Weird.   As a vehicle though - no pictures of the engine which you'd want to see.  Dash is probably cracked as well.  I think you could do better, esp as it is in WA and doesn't look like the sort of car you'd buy sight unseen.  On the plus side, it doesn't have any power steering.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-3087008

Deposit taken apparently. If it sold for anything close to the asking price that would be a record.

That blue 993 makes my heart a-flutter.  I wouldn't sell something like that unless I really, really needed the cash.

I think your power steering leak problems need a third opinion.  I fixed a leaking power steering setup on my BMW for $300 in parts and about 2 hours under the car, and that was all hoses and the reservoir replaced.  I know it's a mini and therefore it's probably shrink wrapped in there, but still. 

As for the Targa - I've never seen a US car where they took the big bumpers off and left the headlights on.  Weird.   As a vehicle though - no pictures of the engine which you'd want to see.  Dash is probably cracked as well.  I think you could do better, esp as it is in WA and doesn't look like the sort of car you'd buy sight unseen.  On the plus side, it doesn't have any power steering.

That blue 993 makes my heart a-flutter.  I wouldn't sell something like that unless I really, really needed the cash.

There's 3 main hoses running off the ps pump, the high pressure line from the reservoir to the rack is a $500 part and then there's another low pressure hose with a hydraulic fitting on it that costs $200 and finally another one that is just a measly $80.  The pump itself is about $800 and then there's a fan that sits on it thats about $400!  So far I've been told that it needs all 3 hoses. And the first place BMW said it needs new pump and the high pressure line but they quoted me a price that is very cheap ie $1300 and seems to be cheaper than the parts alone! The mind boggles.  Yesterday it had all the fluid flushed out, cleaned up, all connections tightened and new fluid.  So I'm going to go out and move it shortly and see if it leaked!

A 3rd opinion will be my next mission.

This '84 944 on the road side just past Warburton.  Hard rubbish week?  :ph34r:

It looks pretty clean and original and could be a good starter car for the Porsche collection.  No phone number, so knock on the door if you're interested.

777DEE2D-D6AC-43B9-A683-0B2FAC319C61.jpg

2D027B6A-23E5-48B9-9BC5-260342CB3DEE.jpg

6C84C8C9-7F5C-492D-A0B0-2A3D526F114D.jpg

Edit.  I just noticed my photo-bomb in the last pic.  :rolleyes:

There's 3 main hoses running off the ps pump, the high pressure line from the reservoir to the rack is a $500 part and then there's another low pressure hose with a hydraulic fitting on it that costs $200 and finally another one that is just a measly $80.  The pump itself is about $800 and then there's a fan that sits on it thats about $400!  So far I've been told that it needs all 3 hoses. And the first place BMW said it needs new pump and the high pressure line but they quoted me a price that is very cheap ie $1300 and seems to be cheaper than the parts alone! The mind boggles.  Yesterday it had all the fluid flushed out, cleaned up, all connections tightened and new fluid.  So I'm going to go out and move it shortly and see if it leaked!

A 3rd opinion will be my next mission.

If it's out of warranty get the parts yourself and find someone to do the labour. I bet that high pressure line can be bought for close to $100

Love the ad - no 959s available so buy my car its as close as you can get. Upside is it costs $30k instead of $1M......

Backdate sounds like a good option edgy. Gets rid of one more of those horrid 959 lookalikes.

haha you are correct! I'm sure for those finically capable of 959 ownership, they'd know to straight to the likes of Canepa! 

Back date shouldn't be too much work and I'm sure you could sell the 959 kit too!  :rolleyes:

Prices are still climbing by the looks of it ..... (that's not saying he'll necessarily get it) .....

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1984/SSE-AD-3164613/

I hope he gets that price lol it means well for my car.

Surprised they haven't cleaned up the interior. Looks shabby with dangly wires and old scuffed up floor mats.

No engine bay pics so don't know if the air pump is there :D

If it's out of warranty get the parts yourself and find someone to do the labour. I bet that high pressure line can be bought for close to $100

Agreed - a visit to EnZed or a similar hose fixer will yield a surprisingly economical result.

Lovely looking 928 and a well written and photographed ad.  Love the workshop manuals - speaks well for the PO's.  Despite being a HK import, you could do a lot worse for the money...

$15k Targa 2.7 Sporto in a cool color! Someone buy it and make it good till I can buy it off you!

Come on!

:rolleyes:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1976/SSE-AD-3199401/

It's so me yeh?

cp5254487785437313291.jpg?height=700&asp

I stumbled on this in my daily carsales trolling (we all do it right?) .... being without a daily at the moment and I've got to say its kinda (okay VERY) tempting for me to just pick the phone up and call the guy, I wonder if I can slap a tow bar and some roof racks on it for my bunnings trips?