Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

And that, gents, is how you prepare, photograph and write copy to sell a car.

Hasn't helped me though.. i still have it after 4 days! 

And I've had multiple people saying they want to give a deposit straight away.. then disappear.. say they are flying in for a meeting.. then the meeting gets cancelled.... 

Selling a Porsche is not really any different to selling any other car! Oh well...

As for the price; I have had a couple of people who know me and the car, call me to suggest I am not asking enough... They thought I should be shooting closer to $70k.

I'm trying not to be silly. 

I will sell it to the first person to come up with a suitable amount of cash, that doesn't expect a brand new car.

As for a weekend away with "wifey".... I'd probably pay her to go away for the weekend and give me a couple of days of quiet time.... 

Hasn't helped me though.. i still have it after 4 days!

And I've had multiple people saying they want to give a deposit straight away.. then disappear.. say they are flying in for a meeting.. then the meeting gets cancelled....

Selling a Porsche is not really any different to selling any other car! Oh well...

As for the price; I have had a couple of people who know me and the car, call me to suggest I am not asking enough... They thought I should be shooting closer to $70k.

I'm trying not to be silly.

I will sell it to the first person to come up with a suitable amount of cash, that doesn't expect a brand new car.

As for a weekend away with "wifey".... I'd probably pay her to go away for the weekend and give me a couple of days of quiet time....

I wonder where this offering deposits sight unseen is coming from. What is the point, just makes life for genuine 964 buyer/sellers difficult and gives sellers a unreasonable expectation of a "true" selling price.

Having said that, four days is nothing mate. Car looks a treat.

Re: all the C4S hoo ha............... <_<

Am I correct in thinking that it's a bigger and heavier car due to body, 4WD etc. etc. but with the same power as a standard C2? If so I don't see why it would be any more desirable than a standard C2 but I may just be showing my lack of water cooled knowledge.............. :ph34r:  :rolleyes:

Question on behalf of friend...

What price differential would one expect between a UK delivered and Aust delivered 993?

With the prices that these cars are getting in todays market, I think that owners of UK/HK/US cars are being buoyed by a slightly frantic market, and I was unable to answer the question as to whether the import penalty at resale was as heavy as it used to be...?

Re: all the C4S hoo ha............... <_<

Am I correct in thinking that it's a bigger and heavier car due to body, 4WD etc. etc. but with the same power as a standard C2? If so I don't see why it would be any more desirable than a standard C2 but I may just be showing my lack of water cooled knowledge.............. :ph34r:  :rolleyes:

Spotted this last night.

From the Excellence Magazine supplement - Porsche Buyer's Guide 2012 on the 996 series:

BEST DAILY DRIVER

2002 - 2005 911 Carrera 4S ($30,000 - 40,000)

It's clear that the Carrera 4S lived up to the "S" moniker that appears on its decklid. It may not have a more powerful motor, but the suspension, brakes, and bodywork - which are based on 996 Turbo components - work astoundingly well with the regular, 320-hp 3.6-liter flat six. It's one of the best-balanced, most-rewarding 996 based 911s you can drive, combining superb handling, all-wheel-drive traction, and aggressive styling, while retaining the everyday usability and comfort 911s are known for.

Porsche's figures indicate the C4S was four seconds quicker around Nürburgring than the lighter, narrower, rear-wheel-drive Carrera. Somehow, the heavy all-wheel-drive system defies expectations and doesn't dilute the car's handling; if there's a 996 that could convert a rear-drive fanatic to all-wheel-drive, the C4S is it. And with a chassis that's "over-engineered" for 320 hp, we said in 2002, "the C4S may be the safest Porsche you can buy."

Safety by the way of stability is crucial if you spend a lot of time on the road. But it's the balance that the Carrera 4S achieves on so many other levels that makes it such a satisfying car to own, as well as the best 996 for daily driving.

Anyone know this C3.0 Targa Sporto?

1976_porsche_911_used_2654171_1_l.jpg

http://www.carsguide.com.au/cars-for-sale/CG_2654171?utm_source=criteo-ads&utm_medium=criteo&utm_campaign=Merged

Has been on the market for 2 years that I know of. Was advertised for $47,950 in April 2014 and has been increasing in price since, haven't they all I hear you say. Now listed at $69,950.

I am sure the owner doesn't want to sell it and has just listed it to keep the other half happy but just curious if anyone knows the car/owner.

sorry guys - you missed out again. Deposit taken. Feel free to comment on the new owner

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3414036&Cr=58

Was it you?

If so, you must be single or something because I wouldn't be able to get away with half the shit you do .....  :lol:

996 C4S

• 235kw@6800
  • 370nm@4250
  • 60,000 - 100,000kms
  • $55,000 - $65,000
  • High Power/Low Need in negotiation
  • Opportunity to get PPI
  • Choice of spec, options, colour
  • IMS if not already done will be no more $ than a few repairs needed on a high km old car...

964 C4

• 184kw@6100
  • 310Nm@4800
  • 160,000 - 200,000kms
  • $65,000 - $75,000
  • Low Power/High Need in negotiation - offer above asking just to secure
  • Need to act sight unseen within a few hours - no PPI
  • Lucky if 1 available - probably not your fave colour combo...
  • Likely need plenty of little things fixed due to age & kms...

It's about the vibe.

Anyone know this C3.0 Targa Sporto?

1976_porsche_911_used_2654171_1_l.jpg

http://www.carsguide.com.au/cars-for-sale/CG_2654171?utm_source=criteo-ads&utm_medium=criteo&utm_campaign=Merged

Has been on the market for 2 years that I know of. Was advertised for $47,950 in April 2014 and has been increasing in price since, haven't they all I hear you say. Now listed at $69,950.

I am sure the owner doesn't want to sell it and has just listed it to keep the other half happy but just curious if anyone knows the car/owner.

Hi Ben, I know a fair bit about this car and have kept in contact with the owner over the past year. Nice guy. Happy to share the info I have with you, I have a large file of photos as well.

Roy