Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

brqgging rights are worth zero. I have the first 993 tip in aus. Nobody cares.

Someone must care Chris, you've got a deposit! :D

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-3681672/?Cr=75

Oh wow!  Looks like 993 Tips have appreciated more in the last year than 6 speeds!

^^^ Your comparing apples an oranges, I'm guessing you've just offered him 51k? :D

I'd suspect 100k isn't far off what they will get provided the car is straight and has been worked on by a reputable mech. As always buyer beware and be sure to check the car out in the flesh in order to make an informed judgement - ie. don't regard this thread as gospel. :)

So what do you think its worth as a hot rod?

I'm with claywong. Hugh clearly knows the owner (again) :) 

i can sell you an Aussie matching numbers c4 for $100k and you can stick your own turbo and badge on if you want?

(Gospel)

Now here's a hot rod

9EF77A21-FE8F-47F0-9731-46FEC3494DBF_zps

http://autohaushamilton.com.au/porsche-sales/porsches-for-sale

Edited by turboT

There was a white 89 C4 in Qld a few years ago with a super charger, It might have went bang, Hence the turbo motor maybe, just sayin ,If mecanhically ok , good thing i rekon, its all Porsche Who cares . 

i can sell you an Aussie matching numbers c4 for $100k and you can stick your own turbo and badge on if you want?

(Gospel)

People will bang on about a clapped out old targa being good value at 80k but shake their head at a turbo charged 964 C4 @100K? There was a similar build sold earlier in the year for circa 160k, it was a cleaner looking car and had had big $$$ spent on it - cant say this appears to be in the same league but its not far off in principal. 

People will bang on about a clapped out old targa being good value at 80k but shake their head at a turbo charged 964 C4 @100K? There was a similar build sold earlier in the year for circa 160k, it was a cleaner looking car and had had big $$$ spent on it - cant say this appears to be in the same league but its not far off in principal. 

Speaking of Targas, I'm still kicking myself for not buying one last year... It was a 964 and only $32,000!

You must attend the same "how to extract offers from thin air" classes as the other two .... :)

Easy. Have the right car that people want, where they think they can buy it for much less than market value. Everything is for sale......at a price. They just haven't made an attractive enough offer for me to let it go yet :-)

There was a white 89 C4 in Qld a few years ago with a super charger, It might have went bang, Hence the turbo motor maybe, just sayin ,If mecanhically ok , good thing i rekon, its all Porsche Who cares . 

Its the same car originally imported from HK to Qld & fitted with the supercharger. It went bang...

What are you guys doing that I'm not??? 

i've never had an offer to buy my car! Is there anything I can do to get the offers rolling in? Are there any classes I can take to improve my chances?

I'm feeling left out  .....  :(

I'll take it off your hands for $35k. Feel better now??

Hugh on a side note, I saw your car at downshift if I am not mistaken. Looked fantastic :) 

Hi Doug, have you had any inquiries yet for yours? Whats next by the way?

I had a genuine offer close to asking price the day after listing and it was pretty compelling.  But the buyer had also made an offer on another non P car which was accepted so he bought that before we got down to details.  Aust based buyer who owns 997GT2 and Speedster apparently.  I've had other enquiry both local and off shore but no offers yet.  No rush.   Im quite happy to keep it but it will be retired from track duties (it's only done maybe 6 track days at moderate effort in its life). if the recent couple change hands for 400-500k, that sets the market value and takes a couple more out of the market for a while meaning the remainder should remain highly prized. 

I've already bought a dedicated track car which supplements the garage.  Early RX7 1050kg and 450hp at the wheels - Haven't driven the car given its in Perth but I have seen in car vid of similar cars over there and they are FAST.  I won't pollute this thread with rotary vids but happy to share if anyone is interested.

Non road reg.  cheap, low cost to repair if damaged, fast and should be a lot of fun.  Brand new 13B Bridgeport T04Z turbo, microtech ECU.  6 pot Wilwood brakes.  Seat, harness, cage etc. well under $20k!   I couldn't build a faster lightweight car for 2-3 times what this cost.  I'll enjoy harassing those pesky GT3s!  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by DJM

(Gospel)

Now here's a hot rod

liking that yellow hot rod but the P market just seems odd to me.  Everyone loves this at $150k despite being heavily modified yet somehow if you slot a turbo drivetrain in a 964 and ask below market (I believe recent sales have been low to mid 100k) it gets howled down as over priced?   I'll offer him $90k, paint it orange, frog green, gulf blue or speed yellow (it ain't a hot rod otherwise!) add a cage and decals and then the gurus will start frothing that it's worth $150k.  Or is it then worth even less because it's not trying to be an RS/RSR like every other hot rod.  Or 964 based hot rod is too heavy.  But then Singer charges $500k+ for hot rod 964.  But that's NA not turbo.  Oh hell, I don't know.  I will watch on with interest.

Edited by DJM

I had a genuine offer close to asking price the day after listing and it was pretty compelling.  But the buyer had also made an offer on another non P car which was accepted so he bought that before we got down to details.  Aust based buyer who owns 997GT2 and Speedster apparently.  I've had other enquiry both local and off shore but no offers yet.  No rush.   Im quite happy to keep it but it will be retired from track duties (it's only done maybe 6 track days at moderate effort in its life). if the recent couple change hands for 400-500k, that sets the market value and takes a couple more out of the market for a while meaning the remainder should remain highly prized. 

I've already bought a dedicated track car which supplements the garage.  Early RX7 1050kg and 450hp at the wheels - Haven't driven the car given its in Perth but I have seen in car vid of similar cars over there and they are FAST.  I won't pollute this thread with rotary vids but happy to share if anyone is interested.

Non road reg.  cheap, low cost to repair if damaged, fast and should be a lot of fun.  Brand new 13B Bridgeport T04Z turbo, microtech ECU.  6 pot Wilwood brakes.  Seat, harness, cage etc. well under $20k!   I couldn't build a faster lightweight car for 2-3 times what this cost.  I'll enjoy harassing those pesky GT3s!  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Good news on how the sale is progressing, nice to see lot of interest.

Love the rotor, I had a series 3 RX7 years ago, they are fantastic cars and with a 13b bridgie turbo its bound to be quick!

liking that yellow hot rod but the P market just seems odd to me.  Everyone loves this at $150k despite being heavily modified yet somehow if you slot a turbo drivetrain in a 964 and ask below market (I believe recent sales have been low to mid 100k) it gets howled down as over priced?   I'll offer him $90k, paint it orange, frog green, gulf blue or speed yellow (it ain't a hot rod otherwise!) add a cage and decals and then the gurus will start frothing that it's worth $150k.  Or is it then worth even less because it's not trying to be an RS/RSR like every other hot rod.  Or 964 based hot rod is too heavy.  But then Singer charges $500k+ for hot rod 964.  But that's NA not turbo.  Oh hell, I don't know.  I will watch on with interest.

like it or not market sentiment seems to devalue any modified car. Hugh is right $100k seems like good value for the amount of work that has gone into the 964, but it has such an 'interesting' history - import, converted, blown up previous engine...all would turn most buyers off you would think. Had a look at a few ZAG cars recently - they really are well put together cars but only fetch $100k- $120k secondhand. Hughs mates converted 930 from Perth - sold for $105k, yet a good Aussi 930 fetched $250k a week later. Some would argue they are the same car, but $150k difference in pricing is hard to ignore. Another car recently that sold was a heavily modified 76 930. Price dropped to $120k. Unmodified this is $300k++

But hey why don't you test the theory? - super charge your GT2, back date the interior with Magnus Walker accessories, 750hp claims, floro green role cage and lots of pics of you spinning it around your local track should do it. Watch the $100,000 you just spent modifying your car take it from a reported $500,000 prices tag to....$199,999 ? ($50k more if you kept all the original bits) :)

Like most of these cars i think many people buy them for their potential and as they left the factory as the Germans intended, rather than picking up something that has been modified to such an extreme that components will have been stretched to their limits 

There is definitely value in someones ex 'project' if you do have a budget around the $100k mark. It leaves cash to make modifications, without having to stump up the $180K + to start from scratch yourself, and is definitely an option I am thinking about. That yellow thing is interesting - read the specs - like the sound of the 3.8. But I would want to remove all signs of the track, so a fare bit to spend on top of the $150k asking.

Singers are for the gods. They are worth the cash, just most of us would have to re-mortgage the house to get one ;)

I think people are confussing 2 types of build "Replica" Is a copy of something built and designed by someone else, A Hotrod is something that comes from someone's own Creativety / Hands, Or a car builder Instructed by the car owner what to build,There is not really any rules in Hotrod buiding were as in building a Replica certain guide lines  of the original designer must be followed,      

(Gospel)

Now here's a hot rod

this is a race car with no where left to race - has a hairy balls motor

15-30k could make this a more streetable proposition 4k of that been A/C

like it or not market sentiment seems to devalue any modified car. Hugh is right $100k seems like good value for the amount of work that has gone into the 964, but it has such an 'interesting' history - import, converted, blown up previous engine...all would turn most buyers off you would think. Had a look at a few ZAG cars recently - they really are well put together cars but only fetch $100k- $120k secondhand. Hughs mates converted 930 from Perth - sold for $105k, yet a good Aussi 930 fetched $250k a week later. Some would argue they are the same car, but $150k difference in pricing is hard to ignore. Another car recently that sold was a heavily modified 76 930. Price dropped to $120k. Unmodified this is $300k++

But hey why don't you test the theory? - super charge your GT2, back date the interior with Magnus Walker accessories, 750hp claims, floro green role cage and lots of pics of you spinning it around your local track should do it. Watch the $100,000 you just spent modifying your car take it from a reported $500,000 prices tag to....$199,999 ? ($50k more if you kept all the original bits) :)

Like most of these cars i think many people buy them for their potential and as they left the factory as the Germans intended, rather than picking up something that has been modified to such an extreme that components will have been stretched to their limits 

There is definitely value in someones ex 'project' if you do have a budget around the $100k mark. It leaves cash to make modifications, without having to stump up the $180K + to start from scratch yourself, and is definitely an option I am thinking about. That yellow thing is interesting - read the specs - like the sound of the 3.8. But I would want to remove all signs of the track, so a fare bit to spend on top of the $150k asking.

Singers are for the gods. They are worth the cash, just most of us would have to re-mortgage the house to get one ;)

The WA 930 was very keenly priced @ 105k, the aussie 930 @ 250k is an extreme comparison that I wouldn't say is a true reflection of the modified vs OEM values. What we are currently seeing a direct reflection of the market shifting from an enthusiast base to being driven by collectors. This is having an effect in shifting what I believe are perceived values, not something I'd take to the bank but rather see as a reflection of a heated and potentially ill informed market (ie new investors subscribing to a Dutton's seminar). 

I understand that there will always been a sector of the market interested in 100% OEM cars, its just unfortunate that now the 911 market in particular is being dominated by what used to only be a minor proportion of the market. Its unfortunate in particular for those who buy them for investment and are hiding them away instead of getting them out and covered in bugs - as initially the intended use. 

It is an interesting time, but I wouldn't be put off by a car that's had a less than perfect history - that's at the end of the day what makes it unique. Its what you then do with it that counts, hopefully this includes being driven as intended!