Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I like this quote in a recent Ad - Really what is an SC more aligned to the traffic - slower

A SC IS BETTER TO DRIVE THAN 3.2 CARRERA AROUND TOWN MATCHING NOS PORSCHE  

1978 Porsche 911 SC Manual         

When does the difference between a "slow" SC and a "fast" Carrera become noticeable in "traffic"?

The SC is well known to be punchier than a Carrera; different weight , different torque curve and gearing. Top speed is kinda irrelevant in Australia.

The SC was designed to drive better around town than the preceding models. According to Porsche!

Also http://www.total911.com/opinion-is-the-porsche-911-3-2-carrera-over-hyped/

I would disagree,  a 3.2 , especially with a G50 box, would be easier to punt around town, easier shifting bigger brakes, addition oil cooler controlled via a thermostat (on a warm day,), Motronic blah blah blah...but I'm frikkin biased of course..

i thought my steering was heavy until I stuck new tyres on it and had it aligned properly...weighted perfectly now!

At the end of the day comes down to how well each individual car is maintained...

I would disagree,  a 3.2 , especially with a G50 box, would be easier to punt around town, easier shifting bigger brakes, addition oil cooler controlled via a thermostat (on a warm day,), Motronic blah blah blah...but I'm frikkin biased of course..

i thought my steering was heavy until I stuck new tyres on it and had it aligned properly...weighted perfectly now!

At the end of the day comes down to how well each individual car is maintained...

The around town guy said better not easier ;) Once you have the requisite strength, touch and timing...the inner Walter Rohrl can emerge..on a hot day stuck in traffic!

No more holy wars .. 3.2 vs SC …. traffic is the enemy … we are all talking about the same GOD here - The GOD of open roads and if you look in THE BOOK not the black or blue book, not even the book with the famous greasy handprint of the great disciples , its says in the book of Genesis.. all things good came in on the FERRY , I think that used to say ARK but its been modernised and from that day forward the all should rejoice the SOUND and the word PORSCHE

Ah, Total911 trying to stir up some interest again in their flaccid magazine to obviously attract advertising revenue.  

Don't bite C3.2 owners, remain smugly self assured that you have the perfect blend of old and new. :D

Ah, Total911 trying to stir up some interest again in their flaccid magazine to obviously attract advertising revenue.  

Don't bite C3.2 owners, remain smugly self assured that you have the perfect blend of old and new. :D

C'mon now Peter .... I've seen you eyeing off my car with envy ...

I'm surprised you haven't prised off my SC badge and hidden in the corner while fitting it to yours ....  B)

There is a story behind this which don't quote as I may get some details wrong...but I think this was borrowed from the old man one weekend and given a few laps until the tyres shredded...or something like that. But despite it's size it went OK, apparently and to the horror/surprise of those left in it's wake. As a "dictator" car , it had to be able to escape scary trouble after all.

Alan Hamilton's Merc 600 Grosser...

hamilton_600.jpg

love a Grosser...great cars

Not sure if that second one has been reduced but it has been for sale for ages .... still showing that originality is the flavour of the month.

Not sure if that second one has been reduced but it has been for sale for ages .... still showing that originality is the flavour of the month.

If I remember the blue one was listed for about $60,000  four weeks ago. It was taken down after about 6 hours and then relisted.

Edited by pkulpa
Mistake, wrong car

the rego is "player". Wonder if that reflects the ad , or the sale ? Seriously, $500k....just listed and under offer ?

This is reminding me of the group of guys " selling" their Aussie muscle cars to each other at huge prices. Am I the only one ?

I think it is called "UP Talk" Marketting and this type of thread saves them (the marketting group )$1000's ;) 

Then again I see a 991GT3 in the UK 2 day @ 305000. EUR  Some $450000 in Aust 

Edited by tomo