Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Come on Trev, I thought my own ones were pretty good?;)

I actually did notice at the time yours were very good.

Except I hated seeing it parked under that tree! (shot from above)  It looked like a Lagunaria patersonii (AKA Itchy Bomb Tree) and all I could think about were all the little itchy prickles falling into the engine grill!    You lost my sale right there!  

Only joshing! I'm sure it were only there for 5mins..it's just the over-reacting arborist in me!

What I like about CTS photography is all the close little details - which show how well the car is actually detailed.  Like the close up of the rear Carrera badge, usually when JoeBlow tries that you can see all the grime around the lettering.  Your's looks schmik!

Posting here as this is the only thread anyone looks at. So have we had the 'why is this forum such a PITA to post pics on?' conversation? Most, no, all others manage it so why not PFA? It's a major barrier to people fully participating in threads. To even starting them. And don't tell me to get a photo bucket account etc as it is too much trouble and I'm betting I'm not alone in that view. Good to have a local forum, but ...

too much trouble...

5469B4FC-51A9-4234-9AD0-3587E7E46E11_zps

Posting here as this is the only thread anyone looks at. So have we had the 'why is this forum such a PITA to post pics on?' conversation? Most, no, all others manage it so why not PFA? It's a major barrier to people fully participating in threads. To even starting them. And don't tell me to get a photo bucket account etc as it is too much trouble and I'm betting I'm not alone in that view. Good to have a local forum, but ...

Mate, I am an absolute computer idiot, and it was pissing me off not being able to post pics straight from my laptop or phone, yet it took me 5 minutes to get used to it with Photobucket.

I'm being polite in asking a question here, so don't take offence to it, yet how is it too much trouble with Photobucket? I can post pics much quicker from Photobucket than any other way of doing it. Infact, I now use that medium for ALL forums when posting pics as it's much easier (usually from my phone), and I have 2 copies of a particular photo just incase one or the other gets deleted or lost.

Except I hated seeing it parked under that tree! (shot from above)  It looked like a Lagunaria patersonii (AKA Itchy Bomb Tree) and all I could think about were all the little itchy prickles falling into the engine grill!    You lost my sale right there!  

Only joshing! I'm sure it were only there for 5mins..it's just the over-reacting arborist in me!

Ha! You're spot on. That was the only time I parked there and that thing dropped stuff all over it... so it had two baths that day!

I'm the least webnerdy of anyone here,  yet photobucket works fine for me. 

I'm with you Tazzie, but have to dispute you being the least webnurdy.   I reckon I would win that title hands down.

photobucket has been a bit ordinary lately, but generally agree with you and LeeM it's easy to use, once....you get into it.   Being a free service is pretty good.

pork chops, give it another go.

I only use my apple MAC, big screen thing, haven't mastered the phone or IPad with Photobucket.   But also talking with a couple of members at the DAK DAK breakfast yesterday and they are also having same problems as I am experiencing.

but...having said that, it doesn't happen all the time, sometimes it is spot on.   Maybe it's my MAC?

cheers mate.

Mate, I am an absolute computer idiot, and it was pissing me off not being able to post pics straight from my laptop or phone, yet it took me 5 minutes to get used to it with Photobucket.

I'm being polite in asking a question here, so don't take offence to it, yet how is it too much trouble with Photobucket? I can post pics much quicker from Photobucket than any other way of doing it. Infact, I now use that medium for ALL forums when posting pics as it's much easier (usually from my phone), and I have 2 copies of a particular photo just incase one or the other gets deleted or lost.

Thanks Lee.  TBH I've not tried PB but no doubt it's easy enough in its self.  Its just that it seems an unecessary complication.  Why have 2 steps when the rest of the world has 1?  i.e. you just upload from your device.  A lot of the PB links fail as the images are moved within folders too - you see this on all forums.  I'm not sure why this can't be achieved on PFA but I'm not looking to swim against the tide if that's the way it is.  I'm following the don't ask don't get line of thinking.  IMHO all forum's should have the feature FB has which is it will compress or reduce image size automatically as all modern image capture devices have really large file sizes now.  Betcha most of the blokes on this forum are middle aged and somewhat IT impared too :P

Anyhow back to over / under priced cars on the internet.

I'm clueless about this stuff but I'm guessing it costs a lot to have lots of storage on the server. So unless everyone becomes a paid member and probably at a higher cost, it's just more viable to limit file sizes and encourage people to use other services such as photobucket, which are pretty easy to use. Admittedly, it is annoying when the links don't work anymore if people delete their accounts or photos.

IMHO all forum's should have the feature FB has which is it will compress or reduce image size automatically as all modern image capture devices have really large file sizes now.  Betcha most of the blokes on this forum are middle aged and somewhat IT impared too :P

Just when I was starting to like you too,:P (although I think I have legally passed the middle aged category too)

BUT.....I agree with you, it would sure make things easy, not sure what would be involved in setting that up...?????

gents I suspect if more of you signed up as financial members then there'd be a good case to support the easy featured website we all dream of

I think Fin membership on the site should go up to atleast to the price of a slab of good german beer and bring on the functionality …NOW THERE GERMAN BUBBLES 

gents I suspect if more of you signed up as financial members then there'd be a good case to support the easy featured website we all dream of

I just paid up for the first time. Just some feedback, it should be easier to find! Put a link on the homepage so all I have to do is click rather than hunt for it