Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I've noticed that speculators have advised that the bottom will fall out of the 997.2TT market rapidly, starting today.  Standby, there may be a graph.  :D

The flatlining is pretty much with us now , and yes in our lucky country as a bunch of lucky countrys people we pay far more than others have to for the privilege of owning this type of car.

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/market-trends

" Superintendent Michael Robinson of Bathurst police, gets to drive either an Aston Martin or a McLaren around town during the Bathurst 1000 race weekend."

WTF!! your tax $$ and rego fees at work!! :huh:

The police force wouldn't be paying to use the cars, there would likely be a contra deal involving a bit of promo

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/maroochydore/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911/1104371797

YOTC

I've noticed that speculators have advised that the bottom will fall out of the 997.2TT market rapidly, starting today.  Standby, there may be a graph.  :D

If the Muppet I have consigned mine to is any reflection of how you can bugger up the sales process, you are probably not too far off...

Sounds dodgy..... 70 Carrera?  

With post '75 ROW front bumper ..... post '87 rear reflector and US rear bumper and bumperettes .....  :unsure: (and that's without seeing the inside).

Not a great deal of information for a $90k car .....

Edited by Dreamr

It's all good. I know where Smitty is coming from ;) Walter , my old Merc , enjoys such trips.

Ooh my good gawd Terry , no!

Tazzieman.  I said it before and I will say it again.  You are wise man (not one assume in absence of facts), a gentleman (can take the piss out you with a few words  when you don't even realise it's at your expense) and a scholar(retired professor by any chance???).  Am I wise to assume the emoji is in response to use of the words "actually" and "it".in my last post.

Tazzieman.  I said it before and I will say it again.  You are wise man (not one assume in absence of facts), a gentleman (can take the piss out you with a few words  when you don't even realise it's at your expense) and a scholar(retired professor by any chance???).  Am I wise to assume the emoji is in response to use of the words "actually" and "it".in my last post.

I am sadly a veteran of the interwebs , and it's all good fun & games as long as no-one loses a bollock!

A retard professor I am certainly not. 

That is actually the longest post I've ever seen, on any internet forum, and I've lost count as to how many I've signed up on over the years.

wow

We obviously roll in different licorice allsorts circles.  Long yes, but, but not the longest pieces of work  I have done.

Pre and Post Build / upgrade thread reviews and commentary have been longer.  A lot of the parts (where purchased, how hard to install, why selected , any differences in  performance in a single brain jump session have been longer.  As a user, found that was better than rolling through 50 or 60  thread pages of opining views from the experts with no runs on the board.  Its all laid out in page or two or three. Then once its done, others can review, opine, do what that WTF they want with it.  Just gets it all on the table based on some actual experience and what I as a new punter would have liked to have known.  Could perhaps consider it a form of  practicing a little  point in time "Update",  " Form of Disclosure", "Lessons Observed"  instead of piecing it over multiple thread responses against multiple pages with three to 10 liners"

smit2100,

Love your work!  Whilst I agree that you could be a little more succinct in putting your arguments forward, I like that you don't just swallow the bullshit that is often put forward as fact by surprise surprise, those with vested interests.   

Don't say that.  Love your work = not really annoying .  Right.  Encouragement (perhaps if I am reading it right) thus far has been somewhat underwhelming and non existent to a degree.  But if you insist, today is a good day.  I feel I have the handcuffs are off .  I am have interesting details based on fact to disclosure along with my associated opinions.   It appears you have actually read my post and quickly got to the meat within all the bullshit and sarcasm..  I have indeed read your post.  I see value in it, and will take the advice on board and try to be a tad more succinct and more direct going forward. More shorter work to come.

It all started with such promise .... what is the story here (obviously not the best experience)

where to start...

1. They forgot to advertise it for a week

2. When I reminded them it wasn't even on their own site, let alone a national site they hurriedly put it up

3. When up they advertised it as a 'turbo S'when it was just turbo, and a 2011, when it was a 2010.

4. Photos look like a 4year old took the pictures with a 10 year old Nokia

5. Zero updates

6. They have overpriced it (even bloody Duttons are cheaper)

7. Charged me for cleaning the car, but have pictures of a dirty engine bay online. 

Writing this has made me think what am I doing leaving it with these dicks especially as I am still paying for a lease and not using the car. 

As soon as I get the chance this week I'll go pick it up. Lesson learned - want to get a job done properly, do it yourself! 

where to start...

1. They forgot to advertise it for a week

2. When I reminded them it wasn't even on their own site, let alone a national site they hurriedly put it up

3. When up they advertised it as a 'turbo S'when it was just turbo, and a 2011, when it was a 2010.

4. Photos look like a 4year old took the pictures with a 10 year old Nokia

5. Zero updates

6. They have overpriced it (even bloody Duttons are cheaper)

7. Charged me for cleaning the car, but have pictures of a dirty engine bay online. 

Writing this has made me think what am I doing leaving it with these dicks especially as I am still paying for a lease and not using the car. 

As soon as I get the chance this week I'll go pick it up. Lesson learned - want to get a job done properly, do it yourself! 

I wouldn't be leaving it there another night, grab it back as soon as you can mate, that's not how you handle the sale of car at any value let alone a 997 T.

Don't say that.  Love your work = not really annoying .  Right.  Encouragement (perhaps if I am reading it right) thus far has been somewhat underwhelming and non existent to a degree.  But if you insist, today is a good day.  I feel I have the handcuffs are off .  I am have interesting details based on fact to disclosure along with my associated opinions.   It appears you have actually read my post and quickly got to the meat within all the bullshit and sarcasm..  I have indeed read your post.  I see value in it, and will take the advice on board and try to be a tad more succinct and more direct going forward. More shorter work to come.

are you a Nigerian Prince by chance?

http://www.oldtimeraustralia.com/wp_car_dealer/1972-porsche-911s-2-4-targa/

This is not a concours car rather a very very nice example that could be made concours without too much effort.

$249,000 for a US import RHD convert in "Ok" condition - "a bit of work will make this a concours car"

And I thought the world had fallen apart regarding to values....yeah, but its not sold, I know that 

http://www.oldtimeraustralia.com/wp_car_dealer/1972-porsche-911s-2-4-targa/

$249,000 for a US import RHD convert in "Ok" condition - "a bit of work will make this a concours car"

And I thought the world had fallen apart regarding to values....yeah, but its not sold, I know that 

...and it's not even the original colour