Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Well I would get my money back for that paint. You can even see from a first glance, how different the colour of the front guard is compared to the door. Candy apples are very difficult to paint, and very very few can do them well.

If it is so good, why the bad 20yr old photos? 

Without commenting on the effect in the paint, it looks to me to be the angle of the car and the light that is making it look different ...

Even the bonnet has different colouring (light and dark) as does the rear guard ....

Light and angle perhaps?? ..... please correct me if I'm wrong or on the wrong track.

Without commenting on the effect in the paint, it looks to me to be the angle of the car and the light that is making it look different ...

Even the bonnet has different colouring (light and dark) as does the rear guard ....

Light and angle perhaps?? ..... please correct me if I'm wrong or on the wrong track.

na - would look just as shit at midnight ;) 

Back to pedalling 928s.... :)

This one looks great, love the colour, lose the wheels! http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1988/SSE-AD-3910853/?Cr=1

Riviera Blue may look good on a 911 but not a 928 me thinks...http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-928-1989/OAG-AD-12522513/?Cr=6 and for the money I would expect to see an immaculate 928....

Riviera car was for sale privately and locally (Ivanhoe), private import, ex-HK, where it was apparently repainted safety blue. Same asking $.

Riviera car was for sale privately and locally (Ivanhoe), private import, ex-HK, where it was apparently repainted safety blue. Same asking $.

Hmmm, not looking good to achieve their price then... factor in a manifold refurb and drivers seat has seen better days, a price drop is needed.....

But manual-black-on-black thus highly desirable and collectable eh.  Let's hope there are enough collectors left in the world. He should advertise it OS.

Saw this when I woke up this morning and spent a good 40 minutes trying to get through, phone is either ringing off the hook or switched off. 

After a bit of googling I think it's either a scam or the seller has left a zero off the price, I found a post on pelican parts and the owner seems to know the early turbo cars very well.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-marketplace-discussion/301830-1975-porsche-930-a-3.html

The post is from 2009, but even if the car has traded hands since then, no one in their right mind would think a mint 930 is only worth 30k.

For a laugh, I contacted this guy and am having a nice conversation with him.  Note the times on the emails. It’s a bit of reading but a good laugh at the same time. Sorry for the long text.

To: Ryan Osman <ryan.osman75@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 15 March 2016, 2:31am
Subject: 1975 Porsche

Hi can you please tell me where I can view the car? Is it sold?

Thanks

Fil

To: Filippe Chiarella <filippe_chiarella@yahoo.com.au>
Sent: Tuesday, 15 March 2016, 0:12
Subject: Re: 1975 Porsche

Hello,
I still have the 1975 PORSCHE 930 TURBO for sale and I am ready to let it go for $29,900. The car have only 45,000 KM's on the clock, is in perfect condition, exactly as you see in the pictures. No mechanical problems, no leaks, no rust, everything is in very good order. Title is clean and clear, no accidents. NSW rego (911T) expires 02 of May 2016, VIN is 9305700080 in case you want to check. I have to sell this car as fast as I can because in two weeks I will be in Afghanistan and I think I'll stay there for a while,  that's why I'm selling it so cheap. Currently I'm in a military base, RAAF Base Pearce, WA, and the car is here with me. I can ship for free anywhere in Australia if you want to buy it. I will appreciate if you let me know your decision as soon as possible, I must sell the car before my March 31st deployment.
I attached some photos and let me know if you like the car.
Best Regards,
Ryan Osman

Sent: Tuesday, 14 March 2016, 9:56pm

Hi Ryan,

Wow, this is such a coincidence. I have a friend also at the Pearce RAAF base working at the No 2 Flying Training School. I've just sent him an email with your name as maybe he knows you? If he doesn't know you, can you give me some contact details so he can call and meet up with you? I'll get him to look at the car for me.

I've also done a quick check on the car and it appears the registration expired in April 2011. I assume you have re-registered the car in WA, however would you have some new pictures of the car? The ones you sent have the old registration on it which means they are at least 5 years old.

I'm excited, hopefully we can get this checked out as soon as possible.

Thanks

Fil

Sent: Tuesday, 15 March 2016, 8:01

Hello again,
As I told you in my previous e-mail at this moment I am in a military base, RAAF Base Pearce, WA getting ready for Afghanistan, and I have the car with me.

This mean that I do a special training program. I am not allowed to get out of the unit or have visitors.
I can ship the car to you without problems using army transport and logistic system. You will receive the car along with all the documents. As for the payment I can start a transaction through Amazon.
All I need is your full name and address so i can contact them and after that they will contact you regarding this purchase. They act as a third party and will protect both of us in this transaction.
You'll make the payment in an Amazon managed trust fund!
After that, I send it over( the car will be delivered with the title, owner's manual, service records, and of course the bill of sale authorized and signed by me)
You will have 7 days inspection period on it from the day you'll receive the car, you can inspect it, take it to a mechanic to check it out, ride it and then if you decided to keep it, you'll confirm to Amazon the sale. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car ( even though I can assure you that it is exactly as described, in excellent condition), you can return it at my expense for a full refund of your money, no hidden or extra cost for you.
So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see it before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns you will have 7 days to inspect it.
I think this is more than fair for both of us.
I tried to explain as best I can but if you have further questions do not hesitate to contact me.
I will wait your details (full name and shipping address) if we have a deal.
Please keep in mind that I need to sell the car this week.
I am waiting your e-mail.
Best Regards,

Capt. Ryan Osman

Sent: Tuesday, 15 March 2016, 8:19am

Hello Captain Osman,

Yes I understand you are at the RAAF base and as I said my friend is also at the same base. He is a Senior Officer, Group Captain at the training Squadron and I'm sure he will know you as his rank is very high and although he won't tell me about your training (because it's special secret program), I'm sure he is the one that will be organising it. Like I said, I have emailed him and am waiting for him to email me back. Don't worry, he will find you. He is a really nice man.

Can you explain the expired registration?

Best regards

Fil

To be fair that shows the difference in auction estimate and hammer price.  Not the same thing as a bubble pop unless you compare like for like on eariler sales.

still a massive jump on prices from two years ago, especially on 930s

For a laugh, I contacted this guy and am having a nice conversation with him.  Note the times on the emails. It’s a bit of reading but a good laugh at the same time. Sorry for the long text.

Thanks

Fil

Hello,
I still have the 1975 PORSCHE 930 TURBO for sale and I am ready to let it go for $29,900. The car have only 45,000 KM's on the clock, is in perfect condition, exactly as you see in the pictures. No mechanical problems, no leaks, no rust, everything is in very good order. Title is clean and clear, no accidents. NSW rego (911T) expires 02 of May 2016, VIN is 9305700080 in case you want to check. I have to sell this car as fast as I can because in two weeks I will be in Afghanistan and I think I'll stay there for a while,  that's why I'm selling it so cheap. Currently I'm in a military base, RAAF Base Pearce, WA, and the car is here with me. I can ship for free anywhere in Australia if you want to buy it. I will appreciate if you let me know your decision as soon as possible, I must sell the car before my March 31st deployment.
Best Regards,
Ryan Osman

Hi Ryan,

Wow, this is such a coincidence. I have a friend also at the Pearce RAAF base working at the No 2 Flying Training School. I've just sent him an email with your name as maybe he knows you? If he doesn't know you, can you give me some contact details so he can call and meet up with you? I'll get him to look at the car for me.

I've also done a quick check on the car and it appears the registration expired in April 2011. I assume you have re-registered the car in WA, however would you have some new pictures of the car? The ones you sent have the old registration on it which means they are at least 5 years old.

Thanks

Fil

Hello again,
As I told you in my previous e-mail at this moment I am in a military base, RAAF Base Pearce, WA getting ready for Afghanistan, and I have the car with me.

This mean that I do a special training program. I am not allowed to get out of the unit or have visitors.
I can ship the car to you without problems using army transport and logistic system. You will receive the car along with all the documents. As for the payment I can start a transaction through Amazon.
All I need is your full name and address so i can contact them and after that they will contact you regarding this purchase. They act as a third party and will protect both of us in this transaction.
After that, I send it over( the car will be delivered with the title, owner's manual, service records, and of course the bill of sale authorized and signed by me)
You will have 7 days inspection period on it from the day you'll receive the car, you can inspect it, take it to a mechanic to check it out, ride it and then if you decided to keep it, you'll confirm to Amazon the sale. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car ( even though I can assure you that it is exactly as described, in excellent condition), you can return it at my expense for a full refund of your money, no hidden or extra cost for you.
So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see it before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns you will have 7 days to inspect it.
I tried to explain as best I can but if you have further questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Best Regards,

Capt. Ryan Osman

Hello Captain Osman,

Yes I understand you are at the RAAF base and as I said my friend is also at the same base. He is a Senior Officer, Group Captain at the training Squadron and I'm sure he will know you as his rank is very high and although he won't tell me about your training (because it's special secret program), I'm sure he is the one that will be organising it. Like I said, I have emailed him and am waiting for him to email me back. Don't worry, he will find you. He is a really nice man.

Best regards

Fil

I was corresponding with one of his brother servicemen a few months ago, very similar conversation...

Hi

Interested in finding out more re your Porsche.  Does it run?  What work is required to make it roadworthy?  Do you have any Pictures?

Thanks

Rob

From: Steve Rodriguez [mailto:steverodriguez@dynamicintll.com]

Sent: Sunday, 27 December 2015 6:45 AM

To: Rob

Subject: Car - Porsche Porsche 944 1988 Turbo - 9.000AU$

Hello,

I still have the car Porsche 944 for sale and I am ready to let it go. The car is in perfect condition, exactly as you see in the pictures. No mechanical problems, no leaks, no rust, everything is in very good order. Title is clean and clear, no accidents. I have to sell this car as fast as I can because in two weeks I will be in Afghanistan and I think I'll stay there for a while,  that's why I'm selling it so cheap. Currently I'm in a military base and the car is here with me. I can ship for free anywhere in Australia if you want to buy it. I will appreciate if you let me know your decision as soon as possible, I must sell the car in the next two weeks, before my deployment.

Best Regards

Hi

Looks great, when can I have a look at it?  Prepared to travel to see.

Regards

Rob

Sent: Sunday, 27 December 2015 8:41 PM

Subject: Re: Car - Porsche Porsche 944 1988 Turbo - 9.000AU$

Hello again ,

As I mentioned in my previous e-mail at this moment I am in RAAF Base Tindal, NT military base, getting ready for Afghanistan, and I have the car with me. I'm in a special training program before my deployment and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or have visitors.I can ship the car to you  without problems using DHL Express from army transport and logistic system. You will receive the car along with all the documents.

As for the payment I can start a transaction through DHL Express. All I need is your full name and  address so I can contact them and after that they will contact you to explain the entire procedure without any obligation to buy it or fees.They act as a third party and will protect both of us in this transaction.You'll make the payment in an DHL Express managed trust fund! After that, I send it over ( the car will be delivered with the title, owner's manual, service records, and of course the bill of sale authorized and signed by me). You will have 7 days inspection period on it from the day you'll receive the car, you can inspect it, take it to a mechanic to check it out, ride it and then if you decided to keep it, you'll confirm to DHL Express the sale. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car ( even though I can assure you that it is exactly as described, in excellent condition), you can return it at my expense for a full refund of your money, no hidden or extra cost for you. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see it before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns you will have

7 days to inspect it and I think this is more than fair for both of us.I tried to explain as best I can but if you have further questions do not hesitate to contact me. I will wait your details (full name and shipping

address) if we have a deal.

P.S. If you need more details please give me your phone number and I will call you asap.

Please keep in mind that I need to sell the car asap. I am waiting your e-mail, Steve

Hi

Just a little curious about the registration number - Just ran a Qld rego check on the number plate - 17TCB - it belongs to a 1999 Mercedes-Benz S430 sedan.  What's the story here?

Thanks

Rob

Didn't hear any more after that - maybe he got hauled off to Afghanistan? ;)

Thanks

Fil

Hello,
Best Regards,
Ryan Osman

Hi Ryan,

Thanks

Fil

Hello again,

Best Regards,

Capt. Ryan Osman

Hello Captain Osman,

Best regards

Fil

watch it. This guy was doing the same scam with the same car on gumtree a few months back. Feeling a little bored I started up similar banter except my mate was an Admiral from memory :) 

the russians (steriotype I know) invaded my work network about a month later and encrypted most of it until we noticed, demanding payment. Luckily we back up.

coincidence? Ask KGB

I was corresponding with one of his brother servicemen a few months ago, very similar conversation...

Hi

Interested in finding out more re your Porsche.  Does it run?  What work is required to make it roadworthy?  Do you have any Pictures?

Thanks

Rob

Sent: Sunday, 27 December 2015 6:45 AM

Subject: Car - Porsche Porsche 944 1988 Turbo - 9.000AU$

Hello,

I still have the car Porsche 944 for sale and I am ready to let it go. The car is in perfect condition, exactly as you see in the pictures. No mechanical problems, no leaks, no rust, everything is in very good order. Title is clean and clear, no accidents. I have to sell this car as fast as I can because in two weeks I will be in Afghanistan and I think I'll stay there for a while,  that's why I'm selling it so cheap. Currently I'm in a military base and the car is here with me. I can ship for free anywhere in Australia if you want to buy it. I will appreciate if you let me know your decision as soon as possible, I must sell the car in the next two weeks, before my deployment.

Best Regards

Hi

Looks great, when can I have a look at it?  Prepared to travel to see.

Regards

Rob

Sent: Sunday, 27 December 2015 8:41 PM

Subject: Re: Car - Porsche Porsche 944 1988 Turbo - 9.000AU$

Hello again ,

As I mentioned in my previous e-mail at this moment I am in RAAF Base Tindal, NT military base, getting ready for Afghanistan, and I have the car with me. I'm in a special training program before my deployment and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or have visitors.I can ship the car to you  without problems using DHL Express from army transport and logistic system. You will receive the car along with all the documents.

As for the payment I can start a transaction through DHL Express. All I need is your full name and  address so I can contact them and after that they will contact you to explain the entire procedure without any obligation to buy it or fees.They act as a third party and will protect both of us in this transaction.You'll make the payment in an DHL Express managed trust fund! After that, I send it over ( the car will be delivered with the title, owner's manual, service records, and of course the bill of sale authorized and signed by me). You will have 7 days inspection period on it from the day you'll receive the car, you can inspect it, take it to a mechanic to check it out, ride it and then if you decided to keep it, you'll confirm to DHL Express the sale. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car ( even though I can assure you that it is exactly as described, in excellent condition), you can return it at my expense for a full refund of your money, no hidden or extra cost for you. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see it before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns you will have

7 days to inspect it and I think this is more than fair for both of us.I tried to explain as best I can but if you have further questions do not hesitate to contact me. I will wait your details (full name and shipping

address) if we have a deal.

P.S. If you need more details please give me your phone number and I will call you asap.

Please keep in mind that I need to sell the car asap. I am waiting your e-mail, Steve

Hi

Just a little curious about the registration number - Just ran a Qld rego check on the number plate - 17TCB - it belongs to a 1999 Mercedes-Benz S430 sedan.  What's the story here?

Thanks

Rob

Didn't hear any more after that - maybe he got hauled off to Afghanistan? ;)

Too funny, it's the same email word for word. I had to do a bit of research on the RAAF base too. It was fun for a while

watch it. This guy was doing the same scam with the same car on gumtree a few months back. Feeling a little bored I started up similar banter except my mate was an Admiral from memory :) 

the russians (steriotype I know) invaded my work network about a month later and encrypted most of it until we noticed, demanding payment. Luckily we back up.

coincidence? Ask KGB

Well fortunately he hasn't contacted me since but I'll keep any eye out for the KGB. Might ask my friends 86 and 99 to help me out :)

The encryption job is usually triggered by opening an email attachment and ignoring all the warnings on unsafe content.

Unlikely to be connected unless car scammer shared your email as a confirmed account.

As fun as this might be, you're nuts to use your real email account - and to paste that here in plain text.

Hear that noise?  That's the sound of bots scouring the internet 24 hours a day, looking for email addresses to feed into the spam maw.

Never, ever, ever reply to a scammer using your real details.  If you want to make them jump through hoops, make up a new identity.  And use poor spelling and dumb mistakes to make them think you're a gullible rube.

But the similarity in those responses shows you're probably dealing with an automated answering program anyway.

I own both an SC and C3, so in a good position to have a view. I love my SC but you cannot compare to the C3. The 930 case and the 73 RS crank on the c3 make the engine special. Plus it's a much lighter car. Both cars are 3l but the driving experience is very different. Also Rarity counts a lot when the difference is well over 40k more cars produced on the SC. Comparing like for like cars (which in the 2 cars being discussed is not the case), then the c3 at min 100% premium. Both my cars are keepers but I use my SC as a DD, and the C3 comes out at special occasions. If anyone has a c3 at anywhere near an SC price kindly let me know.

I completely agree...

Anyone for an 86 Targa in WA for $40K personal import, looks ok... I'm sure it will sell quick at that price http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/alkimos/cars-vans-utes/1986-porsche-911-coupe/1107212734

No, it would be out. The problem with true candy apple paint is that is is transparent (like a candy apple) and usually painted over a silver or gold, and depending on how thick you paint it will alter how light or dark it is. Even if you paint the whole car from front to back with long even steady passes, it is extremely difficult to get looking right. 

That all said. I did those style paint jobs for customers 10 years ago, mostly on Lancers and similarly shite cars... they never belonged on a P car!

The answer is "because they can".

And this is the best lick cartoon I have found ; it's on my fridge as a "note to all dog lovers"

65d4d57c6a2d06c3bfa95c931b0f63e6.jpg 

my dog seems to prefer the no 1 exit over the no 2 exit.  He gives that a right working over.  But he's not allowed to even lick my toe.