Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

A "survivor car"... that has been converted LHD->RHD.. think he is stretching the definition of that term.

Maybe I'll allow that if it is original paint otherwise....but can anyone shed any light on how an original CA car would have a kms speedo, and an odometer measured in kms?   Even if it was a grey import back then, it would have had to been federalised which includes fitting a mph speedo among other things.  Given a speedo is a simple swap it's unlikely that the speedo is original and therefore you'd need some serious documentation to back up the 93,000 km claim.

still, it looks nice in black.

Maybe I'll allow that if it is original paint otherwise....but can anyone shed any light on how an original CA car would have a kms speedo, and an odometer measured in kms?   Even if it was a grey import back then, it would have had to been federalised which includes fitting a mph speedo among other things.  Given a speedo is a simple swap it's unlikely that the speedo is original and therefore you'd need some serious documentation to back up the 93,000 km claim.

still, it looks nice in black.

My car had it's US mph speedo changed over when converted in the 90's. The km odometer was dialed to match the miles at the time. I suspect this 930 had the same treatment. The original books and service history would have to match the numbers.  Without this I wouldn't touch it. 

Thinking blue SC's and Keith and Marie,  the Shannons car at the next auction the very same one.

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2016-shannons-melbourne-autumn-classic-auction/YOT50FQ4DTE5S336/

reference to the  Bundaberg 'collector' who fixed the brakes would be Keith

Edited by michel

My car had it's US mph speedo changed over when converted in the 90's. The km odometer was dialed to match the miles at the time. I suspect this 930 had the same treatment. The original books and service history would have to match the numbers.  Without this I wouldn't touch it. 

yeah mine has a swapped speedo as well, comes with original speedo and service records showing mileage change.  As the new speedo shows significantly less miles than the old one, it takes a seller of integrity to not just run with the 'new' figure.  It would need serious documentation to back up the claim before believing it.

the infamous been the said 'Keith and Marie',  Mike you can chime in with your arrow blue SC adventures ???

haha

I'd rather not divulge all.. but let's just say the car I viewed drove like a slug, most panels had been repainted which wouldn't have been  a problem if it hadn't been advertised as original paint!

Odometer was not working.... god knows how long for??? (but he did assure me that it would have low mileage for a long time)

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/blaxland/cars-vans-utes/porsche-930-australian-hamilton-delivered/1109848929

Seems the other Arrow Blue 930 is back ..... you'll remember it when you see it .....

BTW boys ..... still don't know the Keith and Marie story! ...... Spill.

This'll sell it @ $162k..  :wacko:

NcWqUEY.jpg

This'll sell it @ $162k..  :wacko:

NcWqUEY.jpg

At least when they replaced the roof they didn't use a welder, because you know that welds cause rust areas....

We could have fun with this one for days.

Some of the choices in this car's 'restoration' beggar belief. What is it really worth?