Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

This 930. Am I missing something, non original engine & a UK car, these types are usually slagged off as rusty shit heaps by everyone who has never seen it, so what's with this car?
Thought non matching cars were no hopers. Very confused. Seems cheap but wrong engine??

yeah but Turbo

Personally I think there is nothing wrong with wrong-engined cars, or cars that need some fixing, as long as the price matches said condition.  It's when you get rusty non matching cars priced as premium original low mileage examples.

yeah but Turbo

Personally I think there is nothing wrong with wrong-engined cars, or cars that need some fixing, as long as the price matches said condition.  It's when you get rusty non matching cars priced as premium original low mileage examples.

agree! i realised the other day i don't own  single car with a matching engine haha.

but i didn't mind because every one of them is better than standard, which in driving terms is good, which is what they are built for, not date stamped matching numbers garage queen bs.. ;)

This 930. Am I missing something, non original engine & a UK car, these types are usually slagged off as rusty shit heaps by everyone who has never seen it, so what's with this car?
Thought non matching cars were no hopers. Very confused. Seems cheap but wrong engine??

I would encourage everyone to embrace these beliefs.

That would leave any of the non Australian delivered, or non matching number cars, for the people who can actually be bothered going to inspect cars, rather than judging them by a photo and a few lines of text and then spouting off on forums about them.

Maybe he means converted to Turbo body?

Is this car one of Kates cars that were advertised about a year ago ? She was selling a silver 964 as well .The cars were discussed at length at the time.

Another silver low mileage UK 930 just changed hands for $110k and just had over $30k spent on motor - heads, turbo Etc.

Its the going price.

Love to know if anyone on here has actually first hand bought or sold and Aussie 3.3 turbo for more than $150k?

Silver low mileage UK car for $110 ......you have my number and there would have been a $10K spotters fee for you.

Pass me one of your sub $150K aussie cars and I'll up it to $20K

I've got first dibs on a silver 1978 Aust Del 930 that's coming up for sale soon, seller is firm at $180K is this reasonable for a matching numbers car with 118 kms in excellent condition with books?

More than reasonable .... I think the last low milage Aussie car that was sold on this forum went in the vicinity of $250k .....

I've got first dibs on a silver 1978 Aust Del 930 that's coming up for sale soon, seller is firm at $180K is this reasonable for a matching numbers car with 118 kms in excellent condition with books?

More than reasonable .... I think the last low milage Aussie car that was sold on this forum went in the vicinity of $250k .....

and don't let him near the internet 

buy it.

$180k would be a low price for an Aussi delivered car, although the last delivered (84/85) get a bit more.

Low km cars seem to mean less than 80,000kms and two of these have sold for $250k in the last six months

Which car was that?

It was one of the ones that turboT mentioned above ....

The seller asked advice on price as he wanted something like $120k for it.

He had a ton of interest from members here, and after he paid his membership fees, he put it up for sale .... the offers went ballistic and ended up selling for $250k odd.

There were a ton of posts about it and the buying / selling process .... happened maybe 6 months ago. Maybe someone else will remember where the posts are.

http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/7724-australian-1985-930-turbo/

CTS also sold a silver low km car for $250k a few months ago - they should have got more...

First hand stories from sellers or buyers need only apply T.

So you're just going to have to sell yours to me, so we can both end this once and for all ...

Was it Duttons who sold the Ice green one from Tasmania, that was over 250 from memory?

Autohaus - Sold it for $200k - but that was early last year ;) 

First hand stories from sellers or buyers need only apply T.

So you're just going to have to sell yours to me, so we can both end this once and for all ...

Spoke to both sellers. Time to face reality mate...your just a sporto kind of guy :)