Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Pretty close to being on the money on that one in terms of what it sold for, eg a $13Xk number.   I posted something on this a few months back as well, eg someone thought they could make a quick buck and much better return than any blue chip stock but a would assume that the interest cost is starting to erode a little bit of the expected profit.   A few on here called me a procrastinator after my first post and I thought what the F$%$, given a couple of weeks earlier, I essentially got off a plane after travelling for nearly 24 hours, but I was suffering a bit a jet lag and dropped off upright on the couch about 10.30pm and woke about three hours later and thought I'll check my emails to find an email from off symsy (who forwarded me one of his alerts / or was in one of his look and see whats on offer late at night jaunts),  From Symsy's  car sales link, within 30 seconds of seeing a blue car pop up on seeing 997 turbo manual, with 33 ish km and 129,995 with tune and exhaust, I hit the seller contact box and was double index finger texting (bit late to call at 11.30pm to Gold Coast) an offer to buy it at the advertised price ($129,995).  Before I went to bed, I was thinking what a great early Christmas present (eg not much was selling straight away) if I could land that,  but woke up at 6.00am to find a text to say thanks for your offer, I have had lots of offers since last night, but sold it shortly after the ad went on car sales and I'll let you know if the sale falls through.   Eg Someone a lot smarter than me beat me (I'm blaming the jet lag)  to it and I forgot that not many buy Porsches sell  at their initial advertised prices and I didn't even consider to put in an OVER offer.   So car sales said sold at $139,950 and the seller said someone offered more than what he had asked.

If someone is interested in it, PM with your email; address  me as I have a screen shot of the original car sales ad tfrom the actual personal imported so you can see the extent of the colour added based on the current ad.

Edited by smit2100

964 Cabrio Tiptronic WIDE BODY

I reckon the widebody 964 is sensational.. But, the price seems well worth it. Not sure what country of origin is.. assuming UK?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4025974?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-10%20at%209.30.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-10%20at%209.32.0

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-10%20at%209.31.5

I reckon the widebody 964 is sensational.. But, the price seems well worth it. Not sure what country of origin is.. assuming UK?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4025974?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

worth turning into a targa...

Pretty close to being on the money on that one in terms of what it sold for, eg a $13Xk number.  

The last import I saw go in Qld - Auto similar car went last year for 100 ish .. The owner is on the forum

I will be interested to see what people will pay.. its pretty hard to fault such a low kms and awesome colour and spec car .. just cos its an import

Lets see , 125k

Looks nice.

Keen pricing - old add mentions top end rebuild, suspension etc.

I doubt it'll last too long.

Would think you'd have to tread carefully on this one .....

Doesn't feel quite right ..... that is waaaay too cheap for that car and the fact they can't even put an advert together ..... 

I would want to be standing right in front of the car before giving any money over ....

Cynical, I know, but hey that's just me .....

Doesn't feel quite right ..... that is waaaay too cheap for that car and the fact they can't even put an advert together ..... 

I would want to be standing right in front of the car before giving any money over ....

Good advice.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1982/SSE-AD-3996752/?Cr=7

This is an interesting opinion from the seller of this SC with one of the nicest bodykits ever fitted to a 911, so you know they are an expert...

"...For those who dislike or aren't looking at the possibility of a LHD 911, I can offer a couple of reasons to consider it. Firstly, this is how they were all built! Aussie delivered 911s were converted from LHD at the factory..."

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1982/SSE-AD-3996752/?Cr=7

This is an interesting opinion from the seller of this SC with one of the nicest bodykits ever fitted to a 911, so you know they are an expert...

"...For those who dislike or aren't looking at the possibility of a LHD 911, I can offer a couple of reasons to consider it. Firstly, this is how they were all built! Aussie delivered 911s were converted from LHD at the factory..."

Geez im glad he cleared that up for us.

That front bumper is hideous!

I wasn't that keen on driving the 912 being as it was LHD, and always thought I'd hate it and never get used to it. Having driven it a few times now, its just quirky but you do get used to it pretty quickly, and you stop trying to change gears with the window winder

When the day comes to advertise my car I will make no apology or plea to make people accept LHD.  It is what it is.  Some people are scared of it and they will never buy one.  Others have already come to terms with it.  No point in trying to convince because. Minds get made up hard on this subject.

i have given plenty of people a drive and every single person has managed it without issue.

Plus the CarFacts report says "The registration number provided by the seller does not match the PPSR certificate."

Does that mean it's probably a scam?

I got up early to see if I could catch a good buy .. the markets still a bit flat .

But there was this thing , not so sure on the body kit , im sure theres is a 911under there somewhere  , dont think you have to worry about the VIN , no metal to stamp to 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1969-reliant-regal-supervan-mk3/191864612175?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140117125611%26meid%3Dda7e44e1b5e046bfbb1626d8e14c7add%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D10%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D282027544804

_57-3_zpsr94tyvnd.jpg

Plus the CarFacts report says "The registration number provided by the seller does not match the PPSR certificate."

Does that mean it's probably a scam?

My gut feeling says ....YES!

Sounds very fishy

_57-3_zpsr94tyvnd.jpg

Pure evil , and extra concentrated. A stealthmobile if ever there was. You would get plenty of attention at any classics show , especially if you did the Sandman treatment on the interior. Which would we a travesty as they would make the perfect tradie car and of course no one would question you parking in a disabled spot.